Men's GIVEAWAY thread- NO REQUESTS ALLOWED! Revised 1/29/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScentFan

Sep 26, 2013
I heard from the original claimant of Passion for Men, so here's the amended giftee list:

TheMsDR- Nino Cerruti 1881 EdT

Switch245- Nino Cerutti EdT

zabuza- Lagerfeld Photo EdT

Rubegon- Lagerfeld EdT

JiveHippo- Fendi Uomo

Bigsly- Elizabeth Taylor's Passion for Men EdC

They go in the mail tomorrow with best wishes for your enjoyment. PM your address, if you haven't already.

Note: This post was imported from the Huddler forum software, and may have missing images or strange formatting. More info here.

U

user

Hey, everyone. my sample shelf is getting cluttered so I am offloading some samples:

Armani Prive Bois D'Encens

Armani Prive Figuier Eden x 2

Eau Ditalie Paestum Rose

Carthusia Caprissimo

Carthusia Aria Di Capri

Etro Messe De Minuit

Etro Etra Etro

Due to terrible postal service here, and expenses, I prefer to ship in Europe only, sorry. PM me which ones you would like.

Note: This post was imported from the Huddler forum software, and may have missing images or strange formatting. More info here.

ScentFan

Sep 26, 2013
Nevermind, fabiop. I see you said Europe.

mercutio

Sep 7, 2013
Public thank you to Schilling for the very generous giveaway. I will pay it forward soon.

U

user

Im having a little trouble understanding how this is going to work. If I were to offer some samples, how would I decide who gets them? Do the interested parties pm me saying that they are interested, or do they publicly state that they are interested?

mlsweeney

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 23, 2012
Quote:

Originally Posted by SillageMonster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im having a little trouble understanding how this is going to work. If I were to offer some samples, how would I decide who gets them? Do the interested parties pm me saying that they are interested, or do they publicly state that they are interested?

Either way works but if you do give to a person you need to post who is going to receive them.

TheMSDR

Jun 22, 2013
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlsweeney /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Either way works but if you do give to a person you need to post who is going to receive them.

+1

Jul 7, 2012

In my experience, the best way to do it is to tell someone to do BOTH: leave a comment here to claim the giveaway and also PM you. If you ask them to PM you, you'll get a ton of PMs since nobody sees that the giveaway was claimed until you get around to commenting here. On the other hand, if you ask someone to comment here, you then have to keep an eye on this thread and get in touch with the winner. Asking someone to do both (comment below to claim, and then PM you with their name and address) makes it easier for you.

Don't forget to mention where you're willing to ship! Continental US only? EU only? That's important info.

Cheers!

TheMSDR

Jun 22, 2013
Quote:

Originally Posted by L'Homme Blanc Individuel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In my experience, the best way to do it is to tell someone to do BOTH: leave a comment here to claim the giveaway and also PM you. If you ask them to PM you, you'll get a ton of PMs since nobody sees that the giveaway was claimed until you get around to commenting here. On the other hand, if you ask someone to comment here, you then have to keep an eye on this thread and get in touch with the winner. Asking someone to do both (comment below to claim, and then PM you with their name and address) makes it easier for you.

Don't forget to mention where you're willing to ship! Continental US only? EU only? That's important info.

Cheers!

+1 to this too.

Schilling

Aug 20, 2012
Sillage Monster, welcome to Basenotes.

Another point to bring up is providing Feedback. It's not required, but it's a polite and thoughtful gesture to show appreciation to the person who sent you free stuff (in the case of this thread), or sold to/bought from you, in the Marketplace. It acknowledges that assembling a package requires time and money for mailing supplies, postage, decanting supplies and the actual fragrance and communication.

"Feedback" is an option located under a user's Profile and offers a place to say whether the transaction was a Positive experience and any extra words you'd like to say.

On a Giveaway thread like this, the transaction is typically considered a "trade", but there is also the opportunity to click on "Sale" or "Purchase" accordingly.

You'll be asked to provide a URL address that relates to the transaction. This address has to be from an original thread started by the other person. In the case of Marketplace purchase, this part is easy, because you just Cut & Paste the browser URL from the thread that originally advertised what you bought.

It gets tricky for a "Giveaway" thread like this, because you most likely won't be dealing with the thread's original poster. In this instance, you'll need to go into that person's Profile and C&P any URL address from a thread that they started (there's an option for "Threads Started" under each User Profile). If that person has never created a thread, you won't be able to leave them feedback. At least not that I'm aware of.

Have fun getting introduced to new stuff, don't jump at every opportunity, and remember to offer up unwanted smellies to the next lucky person. :smile:

HAllen

Feb 10, 2013
To those members who won the batches I was offering, they've been sent today. I was ever so busy and there was then an issue with the postage. They should all be with you soon. Sorry for the delays!

btkoten

Nov 14, 2013
1ml sample of Dior Homme available to a good home.

hlatif33 claimed 11/21 will be sent out soon

Last edited:

yuyu15

Oct 3, 2010
I posted in one of the threads give away sample, but it seems that no one's noticed. Whoever finds the the post( the sample) first claims it! :)

kswer

May 13, 2013
Cleaned my samples up and have these that I bought bottles of...

Coromandel
Antaeus
Full Incense
Knize Ten

Please be a member for at least 6 months to claim these.

Coromandel & Antaeus claimed by juanderer

Full Incense claimed by zabuza

Knize Ten claimed by a friend!

Last edited:

USAFammo9

Sep 11, 2012
Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread

Samples of:

Pure Malt CLAIMED

L'instant de Guerlain CLAIMED

Dior Homme Intense CLAIMED

Narciso Rodriguez CLAIMED

Last edited:

metchu

Nov 30, 2013
Re: Men's GIVEAWAY thread

Samples of:

Pure Malt

L'instant de Guerlain

Dior Homme Intense

Narciso Rodriguez

I'm new here [and to fragrances in general] and would love to try any of the bottom three [L'instant de Guerlain, Dior Homme Intense, or Narcisco Rodriguez]. Not entirely sure if it's like a packaged deal or individual, but if only one, Dior Homme Intense sounds the most intriguing to me! Cheers, this is a great idea!

ScentFan

Sep 26, 2013
Joop! Nightflight EdT, 2.5 oz
L'Anarchiste de Caron, EdT 3.4 oz

hednic was kind enough to offer the perfume of my heart on the women's thread in a giveaway. It came today, Bal à Versaille PdT. Let me respond in kind. These two belong to my new hubby, who just joined Basenotes yesterday, but plans to lurk a while before doing any talking. He says to sell, trade, or give them away. Full bottles with boxes, missing only one or two sprays.

CONUS only. PM me or reply here. One per person. First come, first served.

Last edited:

easykiller

Feb 7, 2010
I've been meaning to try L'Anarquiste...

Welcome, Mr ScentFan!

Juander,
Not for nothing, but between this thread AND the wpmen's giveaway thread, you take away much more than your share of giveaways and I don't recall you ever putting anything up for grabs. How about giving other people a chance?.

easykiller

Feb 7, 2010
My apologies to the husband of scentfan. This isn't the usual behavior or spirit of this website but I had to get those things off my chest,

ScentFan

Sep 26, 2013
Blame me, guys. I don't know all the practices yet. Let me consult with a moderator and get back.

zabuza

Dec 8, 2011
I thought there was a minimum post requirement to make claims, I didn;t think 6 made the cut.

In the 2+ years I have been lurking on this site (with a rather active buying and selling pm life going here) I haven't had any problems from a mod on this thread. Beyond this, the last time I claimed a sample was a couple months ago. I don't feel it goes with the spirit of the forum to make multiple posts calling out other users rather than talking to a mod directly.

Edit: In review of the thread and what PMs I have, I've claimed 5 samples - one in April 2013, one in October 2013, one in November of 2013, one in December 2013, and this bottle here in February 2014. Definitely more than a month between each one.

In the spirit of this thread, though, I will be acquiring some Hermes carded samples from the Hermes boutique nearby and putting them up soon. The point of this thread is to share fragrance with those who can't access or afford them, and this thread has helped me to smell things I would have never otherwise been able to. To all who have been kind on helping a newbie explore the world of fragrance, thank you - you have allowed me to experience joys I would have never accessed. This is why I love Basenotes.

Last edited:

stuigi

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 3, 2004
No minimum post requirement but one takeaway per month is a rule. All taking and no giving is not in the spirit of this thread.

ScentFan

Sep 26, 2013
Thanks, stuigi. This discussion made me remember you claimed my Ineke sample set last month, juanderer. It was a fun exchange, but I'd like to give someone else a crack at this.

So, if you haven't claimed in the last month, and you've given away something on either the men's on the women's thread and would like:

L'Anarchiste de Caron, EdT 3.4 oz

PM me or post here.

CONUS (or if you've gotta have it and can tell me how to proceed and it doesn't cost a fortune, elsewhere too)

yarn

May 21, 2013
Free Samples

Please accept my apologies if this is not the done thing or is in the wrong forum but I have the following samples that I have tried and no longer need - happy to send them to anyone who wants them:

Parfumerie Generale - Jardins De Keryos
Phaedon - Black Vetiver
Six Scents - N5#087
Jovoy - Private Label
Blood Concept - Black Label AB
Blood Concept - A
Blood Concept - B
Phaedon - Antigua
Jovoy - La Liturgie Des Heures
Olfactive Studio - Still Life
Arquiste - Boutonierre
Arquiste - Anima Dulcis
Phaedon - Lentisque

Again, apologies if this is not the done thing but would rather give them to someone who is interested rather than throw them away

kswer

May 13, 2013
Re: Free Samples

I would be happy to receive them. If you want to break it up, I could just take half or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News