Men: a quick poll of 'date night'-appropriate fragrances. Thoughts and discussion also welcome.

Thoughts?

• Louis Vuitton Ombre Nomade

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Mugler Pure Havane

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Bvlgari Tygar

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Parfums de Marly Layton

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

slpfrsly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019
After sampling what must be 1000+ fragrances in the last few years, these are probably the most alluring fragrances I've enjoyed. I'd be interested to see what others think: about these four, as well as anything else you have to add that might be relevant. In terms of the poll, feel free to vote for your favourite, but ideally give a thought to what you think would make the best evening or 'date' fragrance as well.

RedRaider430

You smell good! 😄
Basenotes Plus
Dec 18, 2011
Where can I find a sample of Tygar? That one seems to be hard to find in the US.
The entire Bvlgari Le Gemme collection is hard to find. I got mine from a place in Spain, but there are some selling samples of it on eBay. Quite expensive, too, especially for the smallest samples. :rolleyes:

Of the 4 choices, I'd choose Tygar. I think think it's, by far, the best choice for a first date. Women don't seem to like a lot of fragrances that guys absolutely love. More often than not, they seem to prefer clean and fresh scents, not big, bold and controversial.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Where can I find a sample of Tygar? That one seems to be hard to find in the US.
The entire Bvlgari Le Gemme collection is hard to find. I got mine from a place in Spain, but there are some selling samples of it on eBay. Quite expensive, too, especially for the smallest samples. :rolleyes:

Of the 4 choices, I'd choose Tygar. I think think it's, by far, the best choice for a first date. Women don't seem to like a lot of fragrances that guys absolutely love. More often than not, they seem to prefer clean and fresh scents, not big, bold and controversial.
I found an offer on Mercari for an outrageous $35 for a 1.5ml card sample. https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m52729606942/

Then there's one on ebay for a decanted sample of ~$14 for $1.2ml https://www.ebay.com/itm/144303825325?hash=item21992da1ad:g:~ygAAOSwj~phRph8

FragFrog

Oct 6, 2018
Prada Luna Rossa Black or Armani Code Absolu are really good "date night" fragrances if you ask me. :)

But I'd just wear what I feel comfortable with, even if it's a bit more "daring".

Out of the 4 you've mentioned I'd pick Layton of course. ;)

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
I didn't vote because I've only tried Layton, which I think would be a very fine option for a date night frag.

Latest News