Memoirs of a Perfume Collector (New British Niche House)

wilfred

Jan 13, 2016
just sharing the word on a new house that is in the process of rolling out. soft-launched a few months ago and people will no doubt hear more about them as more people get their nose on these excellent releases.

https://www.instagram.com/memoirsperfumes/

found out about them via more niche oriented UK FB groups and upon sampling the line (three releases thus far) I am thoroughly impressed. having spoken to the owners this is a long-term project involving lengthy collaboration with UK based noses to develop the scents.

more info on the notes & individual fragrances here https://www.parfumo.net/Perfumes/memoirs-of-a-perfume-collector

my own sensibility is toward more fresh-fruity offerings and let me tell you that 'Tales from Zanzibar' is hands down the best tropical fruity scent I have ever smelled and the one I purchased a full bottle of. we had 'Sunplosion' earlier in the year and those who got their nose on it will attest this raised the bar for tropical fruit themed scents. and it has been raised again. i'll use Sunplosion as a point of comparison but whereas that is a much more candied, sweet impression of a tropical fruit bowl (mango & guava) Zanzibar takes this further in that it's much more juicy, realistic expression of this sort of fruit bowl/cocktail experience. there's an overwhelming orangey guava note that remains crisp through the duration, zinging off the top with a mint-lime sort of effect at the opening then settling into the more tart blackcurrant-laced mid, mellowed by the coconut. absolutely delicious and if these sort of scents are appealing it's pretty damn amazing.

the other releases are also perfectly judged & crafted within their respective genres - a spicy amber affair and more of a dry woody vanilla. unfortunately they aren't available outside of the UK yet but stay tuned as they assure me they'll be getting into global retailers in the future.

zanzi5.jpg

Oct 10, 2020
Isn’t it strange to have a company that supposedly wants to sell their products yet you can’t find their website anywhere? And not everyone has instagram… I can’t even read those posts.

wilfred

Jan 13, 2016
Isn’t it strange to have a company that supposedly wants to sell their products yet you can’t find their website anywhere? And not everyone has instagram… I can’t even read those posts.

this is why i stated it's only a soft-launch so far. small amount of bottles in the first run and only available in the UK via DM on IG or their FB account. expect a proper website when things get off the ground and there's an actual retail presence.

oudaddict

Feb 2, 2017
They are available from Arabian Perfumes in the UK. I found them to be very good, interesting but wearable and versatile at the same time. I'll give a better breakdown later but Lost in the Desert and Tales of Zanzibar were standouts for me.

Oct 12, 2021

Latest News