materials similar to Isocyclocitral? AKA pine-herbal materials

Nov 21, 2020
I came across a material that sounds very appealing: Isocyclocitral.

it is a top note, and is described as "Sharp leafy note. Useful in fougere bouquets and in hyacinth/sweet pea"

on PellWall, it reads

" Arcadi Boix Camps is also enthusiastic about this material, writing in 1985, he says of Triplal and Isocyclocitral “These two products have become classic aromatics because of their amazing effects, which combine natural grassy notes with marine notes. The use of these aromatics is massive both in high-class perfumery and industrial perfumery, where they have contributed to the modernisation of the classic pine notes, which for a whole generation formed the typical perfumes of bath gels.”

This description sounds so up my alley. I love herbal, green bath products. Something in the vein of Badedas shower gelee, if you know what I mean. Pine-y, herbal, green, soapy.

Are you aware of other materials that are similar to this idea? Of particular interest are ones that are longer-lasting. Isocyclocitral has a substantivity of 16 hours at 100%.

for reference:

pkiler

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
I came across a material that sounds very appealing: Isocyclocitral.

it is a top note, and is described as "Sharp leafy note. Useful in fougere bouquets and in hyacinth/sweet pea"

on PellWall, it reads

" Arcadi Boix Camps is also enthusiastic about this material, writing in 1985, he says of Triplal and Isocyclocitral “These two products have become classic aromatics because of their amazing effects, which combine natural grassy notes with marine notes. The use of these aromatics is massive both in high-class perfumery and industrial perfumery, where they have contributed to the modernisation of the classic pine notes, which for a whole generation formed the typical perfumes of bath gels.”

This description sounds so up my alley. I love herbal, green bath products. Something in the vein of Badedas shower gelee, if you know what I mean. Pine-y, herbal, green, soapy.

Are you aware of other materials that are similar to this idea? Of particular interest are ones that are longer-lasting. Isocyclocitral has a substantivity of 16 hours at 100%.

for reference:
You can always use the schiff bases of Triplal and Isocyclocitral.

Scntwtk

Mar 6, 2008
I find syvertal to have a similar vibe to isocyclocitral, they are both lovely :)
Hmm. To the risk of being slightly off topic, a very nice pine / vegetal effect find in a lot of good shower gel seems to come from dynascone + undecavertol often with peppermint in an agrestic herbal context

Nov 21, 2020
I find syvertal to have a similar vibe to isocyclocitral, they are both lovely :)
Hmm. To the risk of being slightly off topic, a very nice pine / vegetal effect find in a lot of good shower gel seems to come from dynascone + undecavertol often with peppermint in an agrestic herbal context
Oooo, thank you! This sounds wonderful. I will have to try this out, experiment :) I think you get exactly what I am aiming for.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...

pp