Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Aqua Celestia FORTE EDP

mytwoscentsworth

Aug 10, 2016
acf02.jpg

acf01.jpg

acf03.jpg

I enjoyed the original, so it's gonna be a day of release purchase for me.

Source:http://web.babbler.fr/album/show/te...on-francis-kurkdjian-aux-galeries-lafayette#/

Nastka

Mar 6, 2011
Oh wow. I own the original, and find it to be quite well lasting for such a fresh scent anyway. I'm just hoping this forte version won't be overemphasising the aquatic aspect of the fragrance.

mytwoscentsworth

Aug 10, 2016
Oh wow. I own the original, and find it to be quite well lasting for such a fresh scent anyway. I'm just hoping this forte version won't be overemphasising the aquatic aspect of the fragrance.

The original is actually perfect on its own, so I was wondering if this is gonna be a "Universalis" where the forte version just amplifies the performance or the "Vitae" which seems to be a flanker of the original.

PianoDan

May 9, 2017
FYI - Statesiders - Now available for Purchase at Nieman Marcus. Will pick this up today.

Hey Hednic,

I know it's always different depending on the coast, but I was at Neiman's this past weekend as well, and my rep said not until late April - May. Did you actually get it already?

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Hey Hednic,

I know it's always different depending on the coast, but I was at Neiman's this past weekend as well, and my rep said not until late April - May. Did you actually get it already?
Yes, they sold it to me last Friday in store. They were not supposed to until April 7th when Francis Kurkdjian arrives, but I told them I had already made the trip to the store and I have a very good relationship with the SAs, so they sold it ahead of time. :smiley:

Last edited:

PianoDan

May 9, 2017
Yes, they sold it to me last Friday in store. They were not supposed to until April 7th when Francis Kurkdjian arrives, but I told them I had already made the trip to store and I have a very good relationship with the SAs, so they sold it ahead of time. :smiley:

That's pretty awesome! Here in Denver, the actual launch date for Aqua Celestia Forte is April 28th! Really cool about meeting FK by the way!

Jul 7, 2012
Yes, they sold it to me last Friday in store. They were not supposed to until April 7th when Francis Kurkdjian arrives, but I told them I had already made the trip to the store and I have a very good relationship with the SAs, so they sold it ahead of time. :smiley:

I think you mentioned in another thread that you're enjoying this one today. Can you talk about how it compares and contrasts with the original?

I'm a big fan of Aqua Celestia. I'd love to hear more about the Forte. It'll be a while before I get the chance to sample it.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
I think you mentioned in another thread that you're enjoying this one today. Can you talk about how it compares and contrasts with the original?

I'm a big fan of Aqua Celestia. I'd love to hear more about the Forte. It'll be a while before I get the chance to sample it.
I find the mint note more prominent in the Forte and so it exudes a much more refreshing and cooler feel right away and it seems to last longer before transitioning. I find the Forte a bit more floral after a while, while in the original for me the floral notes are more subdued. It's also a bit of a different floral feel, but I can't seem to grasp what the difference is. Probably need to wear it again. The dry down difference for me was negligible, but the overall performance of the Forte was better.

Last edited:

colourblind

Aug 11, 2013
I think I'm a little late, but I just got my bottle this weekend. I think overall, I prefer it to the original.

Found this one much more fresh and clean to the original which was more fruity. But it is a long lasting one. Just find it rather similar with aqua universalis forte, so didn't see the point to buy 2 similar perfumes

PianoDan

May 9, 2017
colourblind;4341747 Just find it rather similar with aqua universalis forte said:
Interesting. I agree there are similarities, but I find Aqua Universalis Forte to be much more of a floral musk scent, and Celestia to be much more, I dunno "Aqua" floral citrus. Worth both in my collection, though I may like Vitae Forte the best.

spawny

Apr 4, 2006
C.Forte has more prominent black currant, citrus and musk notes, fruiter with much better longevity.
I personally prefer the original, the price point here also makes the decision easier.

70ml - $235 (celestia)
200ml - $410 (celestia)
70ml - $395 (celestia forte)

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
C.Forte has more prominent black currant, citrus and musk notes, fruiter with much better longevity.
I personally prefer the original, the price point here also makes the decision easier.

70ml - $235 (celestia)
200ml - $410 (celestia)
70ml - $395 (celestia forte)
That's a substantial price point difference.

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
I find the mint note more prominent in the Forte and so it exudes a much more refreshing and cooler feel right away and it seems to last longer before transitioning. I find the Forte a bit more floral after a while, while in the original for me the floral notes are more subdued. It's also a bit of a different floral feel, but I can't seem to grasp what the difference is. Probably need to wear it again. The dry down difference for me was negligible, but the overall performance of the Forte was better.

Just catching up I love the mint note so the Forte version maybe right up my alley. Thanks for the information.

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
If you wind up getting it or trying it, please let me know what you think. :smiley:

It is definitely on my list now as I love MFK's work. Mint just adds to the mystic.Thank you for your thoughts as they always help tremendously. I am keeping a eye open on the Dior Prive thread as well to see how your French trip worked out on that accord.

lleblanc1986

Jun 5, 2017
Damm those are not cheap! I will have to hit up Needless Markup again and sample this house some more. Masculine Pluriel was what got me into luxury colognes in the first place, and first full luxury bottle I ever bought.

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
Damm those are not cheap! I will have to hit up Needless Markup again and sample this house some more. Masculine Pluriel was what got me into luxury colognes in the first place, and first full luxury bottle I ever bought.

Premier Avenue can beat the $395.00 price hands down. Go check it out. My favourite site lately. Shipping is only 22 euros to US at the moment.

IsoESuperman

People of Zee Wurl, Relax
Basenotes Plus
Dec 30, 2015
Premier Avenue can beat the $395.00 price hands down. Go check it out. My favourite site lately. Shipping is only 22 euros to US at the moment.

It's also 175.00 € direct through the MFK website and shipping is free. Plus you get to choose 2 free samples (or in a way, 6 samples if you buy the set of 4 for 14€ then use the 14€ voucher towards the full bottle purchase). Their customer service is great and Colissimo (sp?) ships it super fast.

Frankly I don't know why anyone buys MFK anywhere else :)

TNBLUEMIKE

Oct 1, 2013
It's also 175.00 € direct through the MFK website and shipping is free. Plus you get to choose 2 free samples (or in a way, 6 samples if you buy the set of 4 for 14€ then use the 14€ voucher towards the full bottle purchase). Their customer service is great and Colissimo (sp?) ships it super fast.

Frankly I don't know why anyone buys MFK anywhere else :)

I have purchased from them in the past and they have been great to deal with. They use to not honor the 19% VAT have they rethought that policy. It would be the icing on the cake if so.

Latest News