Maison Francis Kurkdjian: Aqua Celestia (2017)

mytwoscentsworth

Aug 10, 2016
Francis refers to as giving “freshness a new form”. Expect limes from Mexico, cool mint from England, blackcurrants from the Burgundy converse with a colour top note reminiscent of mimosa blossoms from Provence and a whisper of musk. The fragrance can be experience as an eau de toilette (70mL or 200mL), a scented body cream or a shower gel.

Release date: Feb 2017 (Singapore).

aquacelestia.jpg

EMK

Mar 5, 2015
Thanks for this - always been fond of Kurkdjian's Aqua releases. One wonders if this will be the first released under the LVMH umbrella...

mytwoscentsworth

Aug 10, 2016
I'm a huge fan of the Aqua series too. Not sure about the LVMH deal but if it pushes through I may have to stock up on my favorites.

MFfan310

Jun 19, 2004
Mint, citrus, and musk sounds like something that's right up my alley. And it's from a brand that will probably be sold at Xscentrik, which doesn't just mean must-try... but must-sell. (Though I would still be really intrigued even if MFK wasn't a likely day-one brand for Xscentrik.)

If this coming summer is a scorcher, watch this scent fly off the Xscentrik shelves.

mytwoscentsworth

Aug 10, 2016
I wish this performs well like the Universalis edt. The sillage and longevity of Vitae edt is bad. I'm almost sure this will have a "forte" version a few years from now.

ETA: I can't sleep. I'm very very excited.;)

Last edited:

Vernona

May 4, 2014
I got the sample with my last MFK order. It has the DNA of Acqua Universalis line, but I still like Universalis Forte better than this.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
Got a free official sample of this today from Nieman Marcus. It's very nice. They already have it in their store but cannot sell it to the public until January 29th. :sad: The 70ml size will be $200+ (can't remember the exact amount) Also will come in a 200ml size.

psychoskip

Jul 20, 2012
Got a free official sample of this today from Nieman Marcus. It's very nice. They already have it in their store but cannot sell it to the public until January 29th. :sad: The 70ml size will be $200+ (can't remember the exact amount) Also will come in a 200ml size.

Ordered mine today.
Protip - order from the MFK website. It is 130 Euro, which is about $139USD for the 70ml size.

Very excited for this one.

Chetopa

Apr 13, 2016
Ordered mine today.
Protip - order from the MFK website. It is 130 Euro, which is about $139USD for the 70ml size.

Very excited for this one.
I must be missing something on their website. The couple of times I've tried to order something it said US customers had to go thru Neiman Marcus. Maybe that was just for samples.

maxwell_

May 9, 2016
I must be missing something on their website. The couple of times I've tried to order something it said US customers had to go thru Neiman Marcus. Maybe that was just for samples.
I got the same message, if you ignore it and order anyway it works. I got Apom Homme for $135, and if I like the aqua Celestia sample that's coming with my order I'll be getting that too.

MFfan310

Jun 19, 2004
Both are fresh in their opening, but I find Celestia greener than Universalis and performance equal on my skin.

As a fan of Aqua Universalis and a fan of mint that has been debating whether to get Aqua Celestia, would the latter be redundant if I already have the former? And would Aqua Celestia be a safe blind buy for me?

P.S.: Luckyscent also has Aqua Celestia now, if you prefer ordering from them to Neiman Marcus.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
As a fan of Aqua Universalis and a fan of mint that has been debating whether to get Aqua Celestia, would the latter be redundant if I already have the former? And would Aqua Celestia be a safe blind buy for me?

P.S.: Luckyscent also has Aqua Celestia now, if you prefer ordering from them to Neiman Marcus.
Wound up buying my bottle at Parfums Raffy and got 15% off. :smiley: As to the fragrance, when I got it, I didn't feel it was redundant for me already having Universalis, and I never had second thoughts about buying it blind. Still, you really have to decide for yourself whether it's the right course of action for you.

Last edited:

Latest News