Mainstream Masculine Gourmands

andym72

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 19, 2008
I don’t claim to have created a definitive list at all. This is a starting point, and I’m hoping the wisdom of the crowd will complete it. If you have any suggestions please speak up. Discontinued frags as well. Just nothing niche, exclusive, or feminine.

A*Men and flankers other than B*Men and Ice*Men

Givenchy Very Irresistible, Play Intense, Gentlemen Only Absolute

Boss Bottled Intense

PR Black XS, Ultraviolet, Infrared, 1 Million Prive, Phantom.

Hanae Mori H.M.

CK Dark Obsession, CK One Shock, Euphoria Intense (and other Euphoria flankers)

Rochas Homme

Guerlain L”Instant de Guerlain Homme EDT or EDP, Habit Rouge Dress Code, L’Homme Ideal EDP and Extreme.

Ferragamo Uomo

TF Noir Extreme

Jaipur Homme EDP

Polo Red Extreme

Armani Code Absolut, Attitude and Attitude Extreme.

Valentino Uomo

Dior Homme Intense

Mollinard Vanille Patchouli

JPG Kokorico

YSL La Nuit L’Homme EDP

Lanvin Avant Garde

And now for some I’m not sure of. Are these bending the definition of a Gourmand? (if there is such a thing)

Baking Spices
——-
Spicebomb and Spicebomb Extreme

Must de Cartier PH

Costume National Homme Parfum

Boozyness
——-
CH Chic Flankers, The endless 212 VIP flankers.

Fruity
——-
Fuel for Life PH

Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche

Dunhill Desire

Lacoste Red

Some Polo Red flankers

Versace Eros Flame

Last edited:

Pippin06

always learning--often laughing
Feb 8, 2017
I confess my blatant ignorance with regard to gourmand perfumes. That said, after reading N.CAL's post above, I'm delighted to learn I actually own 4 from this genre: Egoiste, Habit Rouge, Heritage, and Givenchy Gentleman (original release). :) This teacher went to class today.

ultravisitor

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 4, 2014
I confess my blatant ignorance with regard to gourmand perfumes. That said, after reading N.CAL's post above, I'm delighted to learn I actually own 4 from this genre: Egoiste, Habit Rouge, Heritage, and Givenchy Gentleman (original release). :) This teacher went to class today.
I don't think those are really gourmands. As N.CAL said, they're really more oriental than gourmand.

Sandy

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 15, 2005
Maybe I have a completely wrong conception of what "gourmand" is, but I am slightly surprised to see Jaipur Homme EdP on the list.

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Maybe I have a completely wrong conception of what "gourmand" is, but I am slightly surprised to see Jaipur Homme EdP on the list.
Yeah, I'm confused by a number of suggestions here.

A gourmand is something that smells strongly edible, and just because something has prominent vanilla (one of the most common ingredients in perfumery) doesn't mean it smells like food!

andym72

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 19, 2008
Why? Because it’s powdery?
Considered “Barbershop”.?

I don’t think this excludes it. HR Dress Code is both powdery and gourmand. Burberry Brit, while not quite ‘edible’ enough to be gourmand, has the dessert sweetness, and the powdery dandyness.

Jaipur EDP for me is that dandyness you find in HR and Brit, along with baking spices found in sweet pastries, an Annick Menardo signature.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...