M7 or Dirty English

• M7

Votes: 98 83.1%
  • Dirty English

Votes: 20 16.9%

• Total voters

seanjuan84

Apr 18, 2010
I had samples of each one, I like both, but don't want to buy both. M7 is too smoky sometimes, but Dirty English doesn't project far enough far anyone else to smell it on me. Help!

Last edited:

petruccijc

Dec 5, 2007
IMO, M7 (vintage) is most definitely worth owning. I can't say the same for Dirty English.

Last edited:

Kbar

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 13, 2010
M7 imo

Dirty English is somewhat similar to Gucci PH1, but not as good.

I find M7 to smell like a sauna (the scent of the wood without the sweaty people) with a little sweetness to it.
I didnt get a chance to smell it on me but on paper thats how it smelled imo.

Btw

you can find dirty english in TJMaxx / Marshalls for really cheap...3.4oz for 20 i think

Last edited:

BradW

Feb 13, 2010
I actually voted for Dirty English. I have samples of Dirty English and a mini of M7. I haven't really even worn my Dirty English, but I do feel that M7 is gonna be a frag that should only be worn on rare occasions. It is definitely a cold weather scent, and even then, I see it as being a bit rough for daytime use.

NDN-01

Mar 14, 2010
Dirty English doesn't project far enough far anyone else to smell it on me.

I thought this also, but apparently it does. I sprayed 8 on me and could hardly smell it and my wife said I was wearing to much. Even with 3 sprays my wife said she could still smell it 10 hrs later - I had thought it gone after the first hour. IMO this is an odd scent that some people can smell and others can't.

D.Sprad

Nov 21, 2009
It really just depends on your taste. These aren't like two near-identical but differently priced colognes, like say, Creed's GIT or Bond No. 9's Chez Bond (or even GIT vs. Davidoff's Cool Water). These are two very differently priced and completely differently scented colognes. Whereas, like all YSL fragrances, M7 doesn't usually come cheap, Dirty English can be found cheap at many discount department stores or even pharmacies (granted in discount department stores the condition of the product can be extremely rough from being handled, sprayed, and sniffed by dozens of people, and in pharmacies, it's not as cheap.) Not to mention the sheer difference of scent - M7 is a fresh, eager-to-please (IMO) fragrance, Dirty English is a peppery, animalic, "dirty" fragrance - it's out for blood. It's not trying to make anyone happy, and it seems to even trick some people into thinking its fairly good staying power is poor. Really the only thing these two have in common is the wood, and the two types of woods are so different that's not even much in common.

When it all boils down, it's just what you like and what you're willing to pay for.

-D.

Last edited:

BradW

Feb 13, 2010
I'm really suprised that I'm the only one here that suggested Dirty English. M7 is certainly a quality frag, but as a possible signature scent? As for Dirty English, maybe it's not the next great thing, but at least it has some citrus to make it more suitable for summer. Maybe this whole exercise is like the age old question: A punch to the face, or a punch to the gut.

mdtroyer

Jan 2, 2010
IMHO Dirty English is more wearable on a daily basis. It seems to me that while it is more "dirty", it also hase notes which give it almost universal likability. M7 on the other hand may not be loved by everyone, and may not be wearable every day, but will make you stand out a bit more. I own both, and have both in regular rotation, but find myself reaching for M7 quite a bit more, as it has a certain addictive quality that DE does not have. Good luck choosing, b/c these are both good frags.

laph

Feb 5, 2011
M7 all the way for me, it's one of the few fragrances I find lifts my mood. It's not great in hot weather though.
Dirty English is great too and on my shopping list, it's probably easier to wear more often.

JonnyLeMale

Aug 4, 2010
bro. coming as basenotes and asking between m7 and dirty english is like going to a gourmet restaurant and asking between easy mac and filet mignon

change1

Dec 27, 2010
I didn't like M7 at first, but now it's one of my favorite. Top 5 on my list on the fragrances that I own...

Kind of like that cute girl who had those thick geeky nerdy glasses on. Take off those glasses, and bammm! she's Jessica Alba...what a babe... :)

Rüssel

Dec 23, 2010
M7. If you're quite young still, Dirty English, possibly. Something about it reminds me of Eternity for Men and makes it very teenager for me.

Latest News