LV Afternoon Swim - New bottle color?

Brian5701

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 28, 2009
I noticed today that on the LV website, the Afternoon Swim bottle looks different. My bottle is a solid cornflower blue, where the LV site now has images with a bottle that's more aqua-blue toward the cap. Sort of bringing it inline with the dual-color bottles for California Dream, On the Beach, and City of Stars. It also shows "out of stock" on the site, which may be that they're switching out the old stock.

Anyone have any intel on this? It's not a reformulation as well, is it?

Larry Hoover

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 18, 2015
It appears Cactus Garden and Sun Song will be/are axed while Afternoon Swim will be part of the ''cologne'' line. So a new bottle color looks to be in place.

Brian5701

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 28, 2009
So I went to the local LV boutique yesterday and asked about this. The store manager had no idea about a new bottle and suggested that maybe it was just a new picture. That doesn't make any sense to me, but that's what they told me. I'm going to give it more time and see if the new bottle materializes before replacing.

Dec 8, 2006
I went to LV on Saturday in Orlando intending to buy Afternoon Swim. Sprayed it on my skin and it was gone in minutes. I have a small sample from the initial release and that stuff is amazing. Very disappointed. So tired of these weak reformulations. Left with nothing. Not paying that kind of money for this.

deltasun

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 12, 2017
I went to LV on Saturday in Orlando intending to buy Afternoon Swim. Sprayed it on my skin and it was gone in minutes. I have a small sample from the initial release and that stuff is amazing. Very disappointed. So tired of these weak reformulations. Left with nothing. Not paying that kind of money for this.
Afternoon Swim has never lasted more than a couple of hours on my skin. My bottle is from 2019.

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Excuse the delay! I just went and checked my bottle, interesting, it does indeed have a color change/transition.
I ordered less than 3 weeks ago.

4jTXrxS.jpg

RedRaider430

You smell good! 😄
Basenotes Plus
Dec 18, 2011
it does indeed have a color change/transition.
Hmm....it does look different from the obvious all blue bottle. How strange. Doesn't look like there's been any change in the listed notes. Surely they wouldn't reformulate a fragrance that only launched 3 years ago. I bought my bottle about 18 months ago and have always gotten very good performance from it.

Brian5701

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 28, 2009
Excuse the delay! I just went and checked my bottle, interesting, it does indeed have a color change/transition.

4jTXrxS.jpg
Thanks for the pic! I'm wondering how I can make sure if I pick it up in store that it's the new color. Any tips on what the box looks like?

Latest News