Lush just discovered them!

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
So there is a Lush store here in my town and I never even knew they made fragrances. I bought two of their perfumes this week. Now I'm really impressed by their fragrances. Full of natural oils and some of these ingredients are very expensive. Yet their pricing is all over the map. Big bottles cost anywhere from 40 eu to 200 eu yet the cheaper fragrances are just as good as the more expensive ones.
Lust which has jasmine absolute in it is a new favorite. These are niche through and through. The packaging is funny. Stickers and labels crookedly placed.
And on the bottom of each bottle a picture and name of the factory worker who packaged it. Call me a fan. I love these fragrances. Breath of god a five star review given by Luca Turin smelled like smoked ham and then turned into something wonderfully smoky. Vanillary one of the best vanilla scents with monstrous performance is divine. They are using very expensive ingredients at low prices (mostly) I don't know how they are doing it. I strongly disagree with Aaron Terrence Hughes review of lust.
I need a bottle of this .

Nom de Guerre

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 2, 2020
BOG is quite nice. Not so much at first but it's a grower. I have 4:20PM that I occasionally use as my sleep fragrance (it's similar to BOG) and Lord of Misrule (I like it but it gets too sweet on me). They've discontinued a lot of fragrances, I was interested in some (Smuggler's Soul and The President's Hat) but always had them on the back burner. BOG, Tank Battle and Shade (I think) we're the ones I liked from the current lineup.

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
I love cardamom coffee but it's pricey.
They have new scents from a perfume library that they have cardamom coffee is one of them. My friend got Dirty yesterday very very nice scent.

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
I like the brand too. The smell of soaps used to be scary when you walked by, but the perfumes are interesting, and sometimes innovative. Breath of god is a favorite, and like Nom de guerre I loved smuggler's soul and presidents hat (all are vetivers, but very different). But I like many others too.

The most expensive one right now is Devils nightcap. Not sure why it's so expensive, but it is quite unique.

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
Haven't tried devil's nightcap yet...
I like rose jam alot and pansy.
Would like to try karma as well.

ThVH

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 13, 2020
I‘ve owned Breath of God and Karma. Did not like Karma much. Breath of God is a nice quirky barbershop, but I really detest the brand Lush because of their business ethics and how they treat their employees, so I do not buy from them anymore at all

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
I love a handful of them also. I miss the Lush store that closed literally right underneath my office in Miami Beach.

I only own one now (Twilight, it was a gift, and it's nuclear powered lavender) but I have enjoyed in the past Lord of Misrule and Smugglers Soul.

johnnyangel

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 2, 2013
Though many have been a little muddy for me, I've enjoyed 25:14 for years, an unusual lime and jasmine on the sweet vanillic side. Dirty is really innovative and highly wearable if you happen to be pro-spearmint like me. I feel like it would get swooned over if it were three times the price in a niche bottle.

I find the body sprays a great buy. 6 oz for $37 is hard to beat, and they're pretty darn close to the perfumes in both scent and longevity. I wear the Rose Jam often, as well as the Dirty (yes, again- for after the gym this time) and Dad's Garden Lemon Tree (there's something very Sunday morning about it for me). Lately I've been eyeing Twilight and Zesty.

mikeperez23

Be Here. Now.
Basenotes Plus
Dec 31, 2006
Though many have been a little muddy for me, I've enjoyed 25:14 for years, an unusual lime and jasmine on the sweet vanillic side. Dirty is really innovative and highly wearable if you happen to be pro-spearmint like me. I feel like it would get swooned over if it were three times the price in a niche bottle.

I find the body sprays a great buy. 6 oz for $37 is hard to beat, and they're pretty darn close to the perfumes in both scent and longevity. I wear the Rose Jam often, as well as the Dirty (yes, again- for after the gym this time) and Dad's Garden Lemon Tree (there's something very Sunday morning about it for me). Lately I've been eyeing Twilight and Zesty.

You make a good point about Dirty. I am going to revisit that one next time I'm at a store.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...