Looking for clean and lovely scent

Julian.B

Sep 15, 2022
Hi there, I need a clean, lovely and not disquieting scent 24/7.

Maybe:

Eau de Magnolia - FM

Eau de Guerlain

Aqua Celestia forte - MFK

Cargo de nuit - Prada

Imagination - LV

Do you have another recommendation?

Thanks! :)

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Floris Neroli Voyage has been this for me since I acquired it. There are many (too many) "clean shirt" neroli fragrances in the world, but this one is particularly praiseworthy because of how distinctive and well-rounded it is.

It eschews the sweetness that sometimes gets tossed into neroli scents, and instead leans into a refreshing bitter orange opening. It offers some nice depth in the base with a lovely herbal bouquet (including a subtle fennel note). Lasts a good while, too.

Last edited:

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010
I have not tried Imagination and Cargo de nuit, but the others would certainly qualify. Otherwise, when I hear clean and lovely, I think about the Hermessences, most of which can be described this way, in particular Muguet Porcelaine (lily of the valley), or others like Iris Ukiyoe.

cacio

perfumer86

Basenotes Member
Feb 16, 2020

Maybe:

Eau de Magnolia - FM

Eau de Guerlain

Cargo de nuit - Prada

Imagination - LV

clean could have different meaning, depends. what do you mean by clean? citrus? laundry? ozonic? fresh?

WarmJewel

Oct 5, 2022
Floris Neroli Voyage has been this for me since I acquired it. There are many (too many) "clean shirt" neroli fragrances in the world, but this one is particularly praiseworthy because of how distinctive and well-rounded it is.
Agree, I second this.

Floris in my opinion is a very under-rated perfume house that seems under the radar for many people which is a shame because they make some excellent fragrances at very reasonable prices. Their quality and mixing is consistently good.

I've been considering purchasing Neroli Voyage for some time (I only have a sample) but given I've recently bought 100ml bottles of No. 89, Santal, Limes and Jermyn Street I wasn't sure I was ready for another one! When I am, Neroli Voyage will almost certainly be the next Floris fragrance I buy as I do like it. It's a fresh, summery, citrus, marine fragrance that's a joy to wear.

I recently tried samples of two Neroli orientated fragrances, Creed Neroli Sauvage and Tom Ford Sole di Positano and Floris Neroli Voyage was far superior to both of them at a fraction of the price!

Edited to add: I did buy a bottle of Neroli Voyage!

Last edited:

baklavaRuzh

Sep 3, 2022
Vaara and lily of the valley by penhaligons could be options, although muguet porcelaine is a nicer lily fragrance.

Many of the 'aquas' by le couvent are also really nice, lovely and fresh , like aqua paradisi. Very likeable!

cheapimitation

Basenotes Dependent
May 15, 2015

Maybe:

Eau de Magnolia - FM

Eau de Guerlain

Cargo de nuit - Prada

Imagination - LV

The list you have is good, of those I would pick Eau de Magnolia. Also maybe try MFK 724, clean and lovely are the exact words I'd use to describe it.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...