Looking for a Lavender based non synthetic scent.....

fordc

Basenotes Member
Oct 19, 2021
I am looking for a really nice Lavender based scent, that is not over powering or to floral smelling. Something that is easy smelling, unique and not synthetc smelling. I know this has been asked before and I am guessing that there is probably not a lot of Lavender based scents that are head turners but there is one I would like to know?

I am asking all the Basenotes fragrance connoisseurs for their input and suggestions?

MattJP

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 14, 2013
L'Occitan

26125038-9631-j

Ed Wardian

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 28, 2020
+1 for Oxford & Cambridge... a minty fresh, barbershop clean and serene... Check out the Fine Accoutrements Lavande pour homme aftershave as a cheaper gauge if available in your area. Very close rendition since it is based on the Oxford accord.

Lavande Eau de Parfum by Molinard , in the mold of Pour Un Homme de Caron with a higher lavender ratio than the sweeter coumarin musk flourish of the classic.

Lavanda Eau de Cologne by Ach. Brito, rounded spicy edges to this traditional barbershop style. Not too far from the other classics from Europe like English Lavender by Atkinsons.

Lavande 44 by Rania J, loosely mentioning the neo-barbershops of Sartorial and Beau de jour wheelhouse to gauge but Lavande 44 is its own lavender flavour due to a decorative oud blending seamlessly into the accord... Fresh, heavenly dry-down and an elegant twist to the aforementioned genre, IMO.

Antiheros by Etat Libre d'Orange, not too far from L'Occitan, a dry cedar infused, no sweetness, no floral... Right to the point!

Last edited:

vertatre

Dec 21, 2010
If you can find, Eau de Lavande by Annick Goutal. I was fortunate to find a bottle a few years back and it smells like someone crushed a lavender plant into a bottle.

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
I am looking for a really nice Lavender based scent, that is not over powering or to floral smelling. Something that is easy smelling, unique and not synthetic smelling.
Have you come across any that tickled your fancy or tried any of those suggested?

Bangkok Hound

User of Toilet Water
Basenotes Plus
Nov 4, 2015

Z_LiDs

Oct 6, 2021
lavender oil is a very cheap raw (like vetiver and patckouli)...
more or less, i think you can easly buy any fragrance with lavender and be so sure that there is natural lavender in it...
anyway, my favs lavender frags are bon monsieur, english lavender, invasion barbare, barbier de tanger, platinum egoiste.. all gougere style of course :)

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
Another recommendation for Lavande 44!

There are so many lavender options—especially if one goes vintage—I can't say this is the best, but I'm really happy seeing it get some love. When I sampled my way through the Rania J oeuvre, Lavande 44 was the surprise standout amidst its much-ballyhooed stablemates (some of which did indeed smell like a stable). Literally and figuratively non-vanilla.

tspencer

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jul 12, 2016
I am looking for a really nice Lavender based scent, that is not over powering or to floral smelling. Something that is easy smelling, unique and not synthetc smelling. I know this has been asked before and I am guessing that there is probably not a lot of Lavender based scents that are head turners but there is one I would like to know?

I am asking all the Basenotes fragrance connoisseurs for their input and suggestions?

Most lavender focused scents have a "punch" to the scent and isn't really "easy smelling". Lavender itself has a type of "bite", almost tart nature. To "smooth out" lavender you will typically need to layer other notes with it.

bokaba

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 13, 2007
Caldey Island Lavender if you can get it. Tom Ford Beau de Jour is not too bad either. Absolute best -- Patou Pour Homme Prive -- only available at the NY Patou Boutique in the early 1990s.

Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

Latest News

. .