List of eBay Sellers that Are Authentic and Fake

deaftolight

Basenotes Member
Feb 20, 2015
I would like to compile a list of eBay sellers that are legit and sell authentics, as well as ones that sell fakes.

There are a couple in particular with great feedback ratings and extremely good prices that I want to buy from, and would like to know if anyone here has dealt with them and can vouch for their authenticity.

Two in particular are:

perfumesunisex (43417)
foreverlux (221338)
1-perfumes (138967)

They have big stores with great prices, better than FragranceX and FragranceNet, so I was hoping it's not too good to be true.

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
Haven't personally dealt with any of the ones you list but will see what they offer and their prices. Thanks.

stchman

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 18, 2015
I only buy from ebay fragrance sellers that have over 10K feedbacks AND are 99+% positive. If someone is selling fake fragrances, they would not have THAT many customers.

As far as GIT, $145 - $160 is considered fair for that fragrance in the 4oz bottle.

RickyDot

Mar 13, 2015
I just got my backup bottle of MiP from foreverlux and it's legit, not sure who would fake MiP though.

Got another cheapie, Perry Ellis M, from scentedmonkey, no problems, but once again, the guy has some insane deals on the expensive stuff that seem too good to be true.

socalwoman

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Aug 16, 2004
A couple links that may prove useful:

http://toolhaus.org/ - see some of the feedback that has been removed

http://www.basenotes.net/threads/177412-Post-eBay-Fragrance-Seller-Feedback-here! - more discussion on this topic

The latter link is from the Shopping Guides section. There is some very good info there! For example, here's a discussion about ScentedMonkey's website: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/391600-Scented-Monkey-No-way-no-how-ever-again

As a general rule, I almost never buy Chanel or Creed on eBay. Those brands are faked much too often.

Last edited:

deaftolight

Basenotes Member
Feb 20, 2015
I just got my backup bottle of MiP from foreverlux and it's legit, not sure who would fake MiP though.
Thank you... Even Fragrancex and Fragrancenet seems too good to true sometimes. Hanae Mori HiM 3.4 oz EDP for 38.00 as opposed to 104.00 department store price. That's a huge discount. But then again (and correct me if I'm wrong), Hanae Mori fragrances don't seem to be expensive enough to be worth faking, not even by eBay sellers.

Got another cheapie, Perry Ellis M, from scentedmonkey, no problems, but once again, the guy has some insane deals on the expensive stuff that seem too good to be true.
lol i was wary of those guys after i saw this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsCSOtu3e_o

stchman said:
As far as GIT, $145 - $160 is considered fair for that fragrance in the 4oz bottle.
Is it really? I've only seen it that low, and not anywhere else, not even the aformentioned FragranceX and Fragrancenet, who are considered on here to be reputable dealers.

deaftolight

Basenotes Member
Feb 20, 2015
So just to get an opinion, I want buy my dad some GIT for father's day. I wanted to get it from one of these sellers, and just thought I could get an opinion on whether you guys as experts think it is legit, especially since stchman mentioned $145-$160 is a fair price. (I can't find it for that anywhere online other than eBay... if you know a store, please let me know!)
Link 1, $148.90 from internationalperfume (70042)

Link 2, $149.95 FROM perfume4us (26064)

Thanks again!

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
I have dealt with the second vendor and had no issues with my purchase. I can't guarantee authenticity though for your intended purchase. There is always a risk. Good luck! :smiley:

deaftolight

Basenotes Member
Feb 20, 2015
Thanks everyone! The perfume4us ebay seller sent me some pics of a GIT bottle that I wanted to know is authentic. batch 14K01. the batch number is not engraved but to the right on the bottom of the bottle. does that mean it's fake, or have they stopped engraving in recent years?

GIT.jpg

BBunnyBoo

Jun 11, 2015
Does anyone know if seller "62820122012" on Ebay is legitimate? They have a good rating and they sell older stuff so I was guessing maybe they are less likely to be fake?

tr88

Basenotes Junkie
Mar 12, 2015
anyone bought from eugeniascoupons (17600Yellow shooting star icon for feedback score in between 10,000 to 24,499) ?

deaftolight

Basenotes Member
Feb 20, 2015
I purchased a bottle of GIT today from perfume4us (26064). I should receive it tomorrow. I will post my feedback here as well as some high-res pics. I am a noob so I'm not gonna be that good at spotting a fake, but I will give my analysis based on what I've researched here.

I would like to say that so far, I have exchanged quite a few messages with this seller before the sale, and he has been extremely helpful and prompt. He provided some pictures, albeit low-res, that I posted a few posts above this one. He provided batch numbers the first time I asked, and has communicated more clearly than the other sellers. He reminded me to let him know that I wanted the 14K01 batch (since he also had a 14A01, which I heard sucks around here). Also, I tried to send him my own UPS label because I needed it immediately, but since he doesn't have UPS pick up there, he offered to send me Express Priority mail for an extra fee that he would request through PayPal. This is where I was really happy with the customer service: I was in a meeting when I got the PayPal request for the overnight shipping fee. The dude went as far as to get my number from PayPal, and called me to let me know the request was out there because he got it out before 4:00 p.m. EST so that I got it tomorrow. I haven't dealt with many fragrance sellers on eBay, but I have dealt with people on eBay a lot and they are not usually this attentive to customer service.

So far, I am extremely happy with this seller based on his customer service and attentiveness to detail. If I can prove this is authentic when I get it, I will be glad to vouch for him. I'll keep you all posted.

deaftolight

Basenotes Member
Feb 20, 2015
Alright, I got it today. The box looks very nice, as does the bottle.
Here are the pictures. I apologize in advance, I thought the board would automatically shrink them into a smaller clickable link that would display the full size.

Front of the box:
R3dr9D6.jpg

Bottom of the box with batch number LT3214K01:
kqKNRvN.jpg

Worried about the LT though, I have never seen an LT batch. Only A or C. Can anyone explain? There's a thread on here about it, but no one ever gave an answer as to what "LT" meant.

Front of the bottle:
WAv0B4w.jpg

Bottom of bottle with same batch number as case:
8XDLEUP.jpg

The sprayer has the white cap.
zKL5wXt.jpg

There's a few more, like the insert, top of the box, etc. You can see all the images here in an album: http://imgur.com/a/YLUx6

deaftolight

Basenotes Member
Feb 20, 2015
I'd like to add, it does smell pretty damn good. Seems to project very well. Judging from all this, I think it's legit and I'll go ahead and vouch for perfume4us.

deaftolight

Basenotes Member
Feb 20, 2015
never seen a silver bottle like this one mate

No, the bottle actually was matte black, exactly like a GIT from the department store. I forgot to write that I took the picture with the flash and way too close, and it made the bottle look weird. But that was just cause of the flash up against a black backdrop.

tr88

Basenotes Junkie
Mar 12, 2015
No, the bottle actually was matte black, exactly like a GIT from the department store. I forgot to write that I took the picture with the flash and way too close, and it made the bottle look weird. But that was just cause of the flash up against a black backdrop.

i see now, well looks good from what I can tell

conkhi

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 30, 2013
i think foreverlux and perfume_1 on ebay are legit on common fragrances...i mean who would fake a 15.00 fragrance in box sealed new????

Dorje123

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 15, 2011
Return it and file ebay complain

I did, and left negative feedback. It's pretty obvious why ebay doesn't technically allow decants now, there are others from Russia or former USSR that are obviously fakes too. Maybe I'll see if I can find a split here, or spend the $480 (!).

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
Last edited:

guitarphil

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 2, 2015
What are your thoughts on bottles without a box, I've seen a bunch of sellers with Tom Ford's without boxes. They seem to have good feedback but I'm skeptical as to why theres no box and it doesn't mention it being a tester.

Rüssel

Basenotes Institution
Dec 23, 2010
What are your thoughts on bottles without a box, I've seen a bunch of sellers with Tom Ford's without boxes. They seem to have good feedback but I'm skeptical as to why theres no box and it doesn't mention it being a tester.

Can they mention that something's a tester? For some reason I think Ebay, in the UK at least, might take such listings down. Bit of a pain in the bum really as a seller might want to sell a perfectly fine tester but then there's the dilemma of either not mentioning it (apart from showing it in the pictures) or to mention it and then Ebay (with the help of eager Ebay informers?) shutting the listing down.

cytherian

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 24, 2013
On eBay: fatima_store

A Russian Federation seller. They are selling fake Acqua di Parma and Jo Malone. Possibly others. They have these "original" and "authentic" color spectrum stickers that try to make them look authentic, but upon close examination of the labels you can see flaws. And this is why they don't take photos of the labels in clear view (they're always at an angle from above). In one case, they had the audacity to pawn off a bottle of Intensa in a black bottle/copper label combo from the Acqua di Parma line of Oud, Ambra, Leather, etc. Intensa only ever came in clear bottles. Plus the printing looked poor [Photo Link].

If any seller offers a fake and adds copious content to assure it's authentic, everything else they sell is suspect.

guitarphil

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 2, 2015
I've been running across alot of fakes between sellers with low feedback lately. Do you guys typically report these? I reported some but I don't know how much good it does.

cytherian

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 24, 2013
I've been running across alot of fakes between sellers with low feedback lately. Do you guys typically report these? I reported some but I don't know how much good it does.
I report them as well. I've seen auctions pulled after reporting, so it does help. Always worth the extra minute to do it!

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...