List and rate the tobacco frags you've worn

Dantheman123

Dec 3, 2018
Mancera Red Tobacco. 10/10. Piped, smokey cherry tobacco. Tobacco dreamers heaven. Some say its more like cherry cough syrup. I disagree; it's cherry piped tobacco with accords of vanilla and sandalwood, oud. Nice and well done!

The Dreamer by Versace. 8/10. Soft lavender with mild nuanced tobacco leaf. Very well done, simple but understated elegance in a bottle.

1821 Man Made Spirits. 10/10. Tobacco for sure with honeyed cognac. You'll feel like you've been in a speakeasy from the 1930's Mafia bootleggers day. Beautiful and well constructed, definitely a high class creation.

Lastly, Aramis Tobacco Reserve. 10/10. Tobacco leaf galore with sweet spices. Think Captain Black Black Cavendish. Beautifully made, well done.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
Hey Emanuel, I know you're not fan of AX EDT, but I'd love if you could make a side-by-side comparison of the EDT vs EDP, trying to be the most descriptive possible. i'm trying to understand if the EDP is fbw, despite already owning the EDT... Thanks!

I'm curious about this, too.
Have we lost Emanuel? Looks like he hasn't logged in since the new BN went online...

NighthawkAtTheDiner

Dec 29, 2020
Solstice Scents Old Havana

This is the scent that Nishane Fan Your Flames wishes it could be, but isn't. A comforting blend of salt, lime, coconut, tobacco, woods, and spices.
Solstice Scents is incredibly underrated.
Some of their perfumes are absolute gems. The other tobacco fragrance they do is great too, Vanilla Pipe Tobacco. Authentic real unsmoked vanilla pipe tobacco, worth trying if you haven't already.

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Some of their perfumes are absolute gems. The other tobacco fragrance they do is great too, Vanilla Pipe Tobacco. Authentic real unsmoked vanilla pipe tobacco, worth trying if you haven't already.
I've tried it and have a 5ml extrait for occasional use. The extrait is more tobacco-heavy than the spray, which leans more gourmand.

It's as realistic a vanilla pipe tobacco as you can get. Almost too realistic, since the vanilla in it is that cheaper sort you find in most tobacco blends (as opposed to the very complex, nuanced vanilla in something like Vanille Havane). Thankfully, it's more of an undertone in the extrait.

Last edited:

slpfrsly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 1, 2019

What are the thoughts on Demeter's tobaccos, and how do they compare to Solstice? I've been unable to try either of them.

Brooks Otterlake

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 12, 2019
Demeter tobaccos (Pipe Tobacco/This Is Not a Pipe) are good but they're really *just* tobacco accords, so they're meant to be layered. They evoke what they're meant to evoke fairly well, but are probably not of interest for someone looking for a full-bodied fragrance.

Solstice Scents builds tobacco into more complex scents, but be aware that the house is primarily celebrated for its gourmands. Vanilla Pipe Tobacco has that strong vanilla-and-raisins feel that many sweeter tobacco blends do (and is kind of a more affordable option compared to Vanille Havane and Ummagumma); I respect it for its tobacco accord but wear it rarely. Old Havana is the one I like best, which feels like Fan Your Flames done properly (it's quite sharp on paper, so test it on skin).

Latest News