lets see your collections of vintage

dandadda19

Basenotes Member
Jan 24, 2015
Congrats, Bavard! Nice collection! Are they all vintage? IS there great difference between them and five star ones?
I have always been curious about Bijan Sport flanker. How does it compare to the original?
And here is a picture of my Bijan for Men collection:

View attachment 172910
From left: (1) 50-ml edt spray, (2) 75-ml cologne spray, (3) 75-ml cologne splash in replacement bottle, (4) 75-ml cologne splash in original bottle, and (5) 75-ml Sport Cologne spray.

I had recently finished a bottle of Egoiste Concentree (also 75 ml) when the neck on my first splash broke as I was opening it for the first time, so I transferred the juice.

It looks like around 210 ml of the cologne from the middle three bottles (65 ml +75 ml +70 ml), and the other two look full (50-ml edt and 75-ml sport flanker).

I should be set. I get pushback on the opening of this when I apply it, but I actually got a compliment on the base the last time I wore it, which has given me renewed hope that it can grow on people.
Hi Bavard , Hope you’re safe and well. I’ve just picked up this amazing cologne spray gift box with cufflinks the box looks like it’s never been touched and the fragrance is divine

Attachments

• 41EDCB1B-DEAC-4CA7-B784-AEBD03D4383F.jpeg
    41EDCB1B-DEAC-4CA7-B784-AEBD03D4383F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 8080BAB8-432F-4D34-88D7-1DDFD55AE6B6.jpeg
    8080BAB8-432F-4D34-88D7-1DDFD55AE6B6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
That's pretty sweet. I'll have to break out my bottle. I haven't worn it in a while. The cufflinks sound dapper!

Oct 21, 2021

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
IMG_0252.jpeg

Very nice!

theladymay

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 6, 2015
Geez I can't even deal with this new fangled posting technology. So most of my bazillion bottles are in moving boxes stacked in my room, where they await our impending next move this coming Spring as when we moved to the home we're currently in this past June it turns out that we lost in the Landlord lottery and badly. I've only pulled out the most necessary 125ish bottles and they're on the boxes in trays. Very elegant. But as the previous post (which was supposed to be the first post but my brain is misfiring again) shows, I have never had a pretty display anyhow as I've always needed everything in the dark etc given that so much of my perfume is vintage.
So, here's a tray of Opium to get me through the next 6 months. ❤️ opiums.jpg

Schubertian

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 8, 2021
Oh here's 4 of 6 shelves in one panel of my three door closet from shortly before we moved in June, taken to prove to a dear friend who knows me as a neat and orderly sort of person that my perfume closet is (was) an unsightly (but wonderfully fragrant) disaster area :p
I spot Parure.... ! Fabulous stash. And I am in awe of your Opium collection.

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Retired
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011
Geez I can't even deal with this new fangled posting technology. So most of my bazillion bottles are in moving boxes stacked in my room, where they await our impending next move this coming Spring as when we moved to the home we're currently in this past June it turns out that we lost in the Landlord lottery and badly. I've only pulled out the most necessary 125ish bottles and they're on the boxes in trays. Very elegant. But as the previous post (which was supposed to be the first post but my brain is misfiring again) shows, I have never had a pretty display anyhow as I've always needed everything in the dark etc given that so much of my perfume is vintage.
So, here's a tray of Opium to get me through the next 6 months. ❤️ View attachment 287867
I presume Opium is one of your favorite scents?

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
Here's a family photo of my vintage perfumes, including the tiniest minis. You can see my taste is, well, eclectic. :)
View attachment 307957 My ambition is to get a nice bottle of vintage Shalimar parfum and an Opium parfum. Vol de Nuit would be lovely, too. Otherwise I think I'm pretty good.
Lovely collection and bottles...Congratulations !

Jan 15, 2013
Here's a family photo of my vintage perfumes, including the tiniest minis. You can see my taste is, well, eclectic. :)
View attachment 307957 My ambition is to get a nice bottle of vintage Shalimar parfum and an Opium parfum. Vol de Nuit would be lovely, too. Otherwise I think I'm pretty good.
You and I would be great friends! Nice collection!! What is the glass round bottle with the round silver top that is behind Chanel #5 (Behind and slightly to the right)????

Schubertian

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 8, 2021
You and I would be great friends! Nice collection!! What is the glass round bottle with the round silver top that is behind Chanel #5 (Behind and slightly to the right)???
Thank you ☺️ Yes, as Bavard said, it's Safari. A lovely perfume that I enjoy especially in spring and summer.

Tea_Lilly

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 4, 2022
Wow. I just have to say your collections are so impressive, I was stunned and amazed looking at them. I was going to post my small vintage collection, but maybe several years and a better job later I'll get to be on your level! Wow, I shouldn't be jealous...but I can't help it! I'm a new baby fragrance collector and I am just so impressed. Bravo, you folks are inspiring!
Feel free to post - there is no threshold to enjoying fragrance - enjoy and welcome!

Scentologist

Basenotes Institution
Apr 17, 2007
Oh my! I have perused through these lovely posts and I could hardly contain myself! Oh my what special times in perfume they were! It brough me back and longing for the quality and creativity! Sigh! For a moment I was lost in my thoughts and memories!

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...