lets see your collections of vintage

LiveJazz

Funky fresh
Basenotes Plus
Mar 16, 2006
Great pics everyone! Jealous of some of these display setups!

Nice timing, as I had just dragged everything out of the closet to try to categorize things a bit and hopefully continue pruning.

Ironically, the result of this effort was me basically realizing that I'm happy with the state of my collection and deciding to keep most everything. I don't really go hog wild with backups, but there are a few.

It’s, ummm, not exactly meant for display. It's probably half vintage, jumbled in with everything else.

77443906b227ab731dda06447e8fed89.jpg

nosey74

Aug 30, 2014

Nice timing, as I had just dragged everything out of the closet to try to categorize things a bit and hopefully continue pruning.

Ironically, the result of this effort was me basically realizing that I'm happy with the state of my collection and deciding to keep most everything. I don't really go hog wild with backups, but there are a few.

It’s, ummm, not exactly meant for display. It's probably half vintage, jumbled in with everything else.

Looking good LJ :thumbsup:

hednic

Oct 25, 2007

Very nice!

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018

N.CAL Fragrance Reviewer

Semi-Retirement
Basenotes Plus
Jul 1, 2011

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
Here is a picture of my stash of Ho Hang Club and Le Club bottles.

IMG_6259.jpg

Four of the seven are full, including the Le Club bottles on the ends. The others have 15 ml + 25 ml + 40 ml left, so I have about 280 ml total. I should be ok.

May 4, 2021
Here is a picture of my stash of Ho Hang Club and Le Club bottles.

View attachment 161303

Four of the seven are full, including the Le Club bottles on the ends. The others have 15 ml + 25 ml + 40 ml left, so I have about 280 ml total. I should be ok.

Such a cool bottle and a nice fragrance. I procured my first bottle of it recently.

Was Le Club from a different time period or distributed in a different part of the world?

Sep 11, 2021
Nice collection. I don’t know Lancôme Magie Noir - how is it?

To my nose Magie Noire is a rose chypre with a fruity (currant?) twist, zero spice and heavy oakmoss. The overall feeling is dark elegant and majestic. I'm an old-time floral chypre fan myself, and Paco la Nuit, EL Knowing and Magie Noire are three of my favs.

Bavard

Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
This is my Patou Pour Homme collection (click to enlarge).

IMG_7384.jpg
The bottle sizes are 90 ml for the sprays and 120 ml for the splash. I'm estimating 70 ml + 75 ml +80 ml for a total of about 225 ml. These are either edt or cologne - none of the three came with a box and the bottles don't say. (I do have an edt box that I got with a factice that I wanted for the cap for the spray on the left.) Today, especially, this is reminding me of Bijan for Men.

Bavard

Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
And here is a picture of my Bijan for Men collection:

IMG_7390.jpg
From left: (1) 50-ml edt spray, (2) 75-ml cologne spray, (3) 75-ml cologne splash in replacement bottle, (4) 75-ml cologne splash in original bottle, and (5) 75-ml Sport Cologne spray.

I had recently finished a bottle of Egoiste Concentree (also 75 ml) when the neck on my first splash broke as I was opening it for the first time, so I transferred the juice.

It looks like around 210 ml of the cologne from the middle three bottles (65 ml +75 ml +70 ml), and the other two look full (50-ml edt and 75-ml sport flanker).

I should be set. I get pushback on the opening of this when I apply it, but I actually got a compliment on the base the last time I wore it, which has given me renewed hope that it can grow on people.

RCavs

Sep 13, 2004
And here is a picture of my Bijan for Men collection:

View attachment 172910
From left: (1) 50-ml edt spray, (2) 75-ml cologne spray, (3) 75-ml cologne splash in replacement bottle, (4) 75-ml cologne splash in original bottle, and (5) 75-ml Sport Cologne spray.

I had recently finished a bottle of Egoiste Concentree (also 75 ml) when the neck on my first splash broke as I was opening it for the first time, so I transferred the juice.

It looks like around 210 ml of the cologne from the middle three bottles (65 ml +75 ml +70 ml), and the other two look full (50-ml edt and 75-ml sport flanker).

I should be set. I get pushback on the opening of this when I apply it, but I actually got a compliment on the base the last time I wore it, which has given me renewed hope that it can grow on people.
Congrats, Bavard! Nice collection! Are they all vintage? IS there great difference between them and five star ones?
I have always been curious about Bijan Sport flanker. How does it compare to the original?

Bavard

Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
Congrats, Bavard! Nice collection! Are they all vintage? IS there great difference between them and five star ones?
I have always been curious about Bijan Sport flanker. How does it compare to the original?
These are all vintage (pre-Five Star distribution). The Five-Star edt was a disappointment for me - it does capture some of the original, but it adds a twist I don't like - it's too intense and/or raw for me.

I was liking the sport flanker, but my SO was harsh on it. There's something in the original that strikes her wrong, and she was getting even more of it from the sport version. She likes the opening of the vintage edt more than the cologne - but to me, the original cologne is the clearly the better version, and I think she just needs more time.

RCavs

Sep 13, 2004
These are all vintage (pre-Five Star distribution). The Five-Star edt was a disappointment for me - it does capture some of the original, but it adds a twist I don't like - it's too intense and/or raw for me.

I was liking the sport flanker, but my SO was harsh on it. There's something in the original that strikes her wrong, and she was getting even more of it from the sport version. She likes the opening of the vintage edt more than the cologne - but to me, the original cologne is the clearly the better version, and I think she just needs more time.
Thanks, Bavard! I had a bottle of Five Star bijan but sold it. I bought it blindly expecting a bomb and got a calm lightly smoky floral-honeyed fragrance...

Latest News