Les Legendaires Guerlain—Which Have You Tried?

Bonnette

Missing Oakmoss
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2015
Just bought the 2021 Vol de Nuit EDT, and love it. It retains its essence, with a soft fullness and depth that is very much like an EDP. Lovely.

saminlondon

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 25, 2011
Does anyone know if Après l’Ondée exists in edp? I only see the edt on the Guerlain website. The others I just bought, Mitsouko and L’Heure Bleue, exist in edp and edt.
There's never been an edp of Après l'Ondée: edt and extrait only (and that disappeared some time ago).

Bonnette

Missing Oakmoss
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2015
There's never been an edp of Après l'Ondée: edt and extrait only (and that disappeared some time ago).
I've never understood why they didn't make a PDT of this glorious fragrance, as they did in the 80s with so many of their classics.

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009
Anyone bought the latest version of Chant D’Aromes? I’m interested to see if it’s significantly different from the recent bee bottle, which I love. There’s been some discussion of how it could use a little more concentration. The bee bottle wears delightfully light. What’s the verdict? Please chime in if you’ve sniffed it, or ideally, purchased the latest version of Chant D’Aromes and worn it a few times.

Dunedain

Jan 9, 2016
It's good to see that the great house of Guerlain seems to have really nailed these re-issues of their famous line from the brief reviews here. Though it's not surprising, really, as they are one of the best. =)

saminlondon

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 25, 2011
I own the extract of Apres, strangely it is quite similar to L'Heure Bleue in extract.

Interesting. I find it quite different. I've also noticed that the formulation was tinkered with over time: the most recent vintages - that is to say, those produced just before the extrait was discontinued - are much more aldehydic than those dating to the 1970s and 80s. The latter are more floral and still smell surprisingly good for their age, even when there's very little left in the bottle.

saminlondon

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 25, 2011
I've never understood why they didn't make a PDT of this glorious fragrance, as they did in the 80s with so many of their classics.
ALO is such a delicate, pastel scent, I find it hard to imagine what it might have smelt like as a nuclear big-hair-and-shoulder-pads pdt!

Bonnette

Missing Oakmoss
Basenotes Plus
Jul 25, 2015
ALO is such a delicate, pastel scent, I find it hard to imagine what it might have smelt like as a nuclear big-hair-and-shoulder-pads pdt!
True...but not even a PDT in the 80s? It wouldn't have needed to go the Dynasty route, in either (or any) concentration, as indeed the original ALO extrait demonstrated.

Latest News