Lemon Drop Candy Fragrance?

HMan

Mar 14, 2020
I've been on a lemon quest of late.
I've picked up both the Caron pour Homme flankers,
Acqua Viva is on my to buy list as a superb lemon cologne type scent,
Le Galion Whip hits the lemon meringue/sorbet thing beautifully.

But I've yet to find anything that really hits the scent of lemon drop candies. I have an aftershave that hits it perfectly Myrsol Aqua de Limone. Of course being an aftershave, it lasts about 5 minutes.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a lemon candy scent? Thanks!

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
Many great recommendations already mentioned, also adding to a certain extent:

- Versace Blue Jeans ("cream soda" citrus vanilla),

- Baldessarini EDC (the apple-pineapple woody fruity main theme of Boss Bottled taking an almost entirely different citrus turn),

- even l'Homme Ideal Cologne (however with more of a candied grapefruit rather than lemon drop note, mixed with the characteristic Guerlain sweetness)

- certain aspects of Moschino Uomo, Bvlgari for Men Extreme and/or Dior Higher plus the flankers of the latter (if seeking a certain late 80s to early 2000s take on candied, moderately sweet, slightly fresh woody-spicy citrus)

Brian5701

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 28, 2009
You should try Diptyque Oyedo. Though it's mandarin orange, and not lemon, it really captures that "hard candy" aspect. It's a tad sweet on its own, but is great layered with woody scents.

Zgb

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 20, 2009
Apart from the already mentioned CAHEB, two discontinued gems come to my mind. Guerlain L'Homme Ideal Cologne and Guerlain Homme L'Eau Boisee. Although not strictly lemon in the note list of the mentioned, they most certainly emulate that vibe.

Versace pour Homme, YSL Y Eau Fraiche, Azzaro Chrome, Dior Homme Sport 2017., Armaf Club de Nuit Sillage are fragrances you should at least try.

HMan

Mar 14, 2020
You should try Diptyque Oyedo. Though it's mandarin orange, and not lemon, it really captures that "hard candy" aspect. It's a tad sweet on its own, but is great layered with woody scents.
Hadn’t thought about this one, but seeming the nose Akiko Kamei, I’m interested. Caron 3’emme Homme is one of my all time favorites, and it has a superb citrus opening.

HMan

Mar 14, 2020
I find it is very hard lemon candy in the opening and then turns to a sharp lavender in the heart
I’m going to ask our local shaving supplier if he can get it. I know he carries the line, and I’ve been tempted to try it in the past.
Myrsol is a Spanish aftershave company, so seems like a good fit, and it’s reasonably priced.

Toxicon

Basenotes Junkie
May 29, 2021
Dior Homme Cologne is basically pure iced lemonade over a bed of white musk. Not exactly “lemon candy” but not far off.

I saw a few recent reviews calling Moustache Original 1949 EDT (the 2018 reissue) a summer citrus with a lemon candy top, though I’m pretty sure it gets at least a little dirtier after that opening. Haven’t tried it myself but I’ve been eyeing a blind buy as prices are low.

HMan

Mar 14, 2020
Dior Homme Cologne is basically pure iced lemonade over a bed of white musk. Not exactly “lemon candy” but not far off.

I saw a few recent reviews calling Moustache Original 1949 EDT (the 2018 reissue) a summer citrus with a lemon candy top, though I’m pretty sure it gets at least a little dirtier after that opening. Haven’t tried it myself but I’ve been eyeing a blind buy as prices are low.
A good friend just gave the same Dior reccomendation, I’ll seek it out next.

Moustache could be ok as well, dirty is ok with me, what I’m not looking for is white floral.

Last edited:

Toxicon

Basenotes Junkie
May 29, 2021
A good friend just gave the same Dior reccomendation, I’ll seek it out next.

Moustache could be ok as well, dirty is ok with me, want I’m not looking for is white floral.
Awesome. Dior Homme Cologne is great - wears pretty ethereal and light, great for summer. There are a handful of similar scents (lemon-focused summer citrus) I've tried that are very similar and might also be worth sampling: Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne, Zara Vibrant Leather Summer & Vibrant Leather Cologne (used to be insanely cheap, but these seem to go in and out of availability), Jimmy Choo Man Ice (haven't tried it), and Mercedes Benz Cologne. I have a decant of the Chanel and really like it, though it has something slightly herbal and aromatic going on; also have a full bottle of Vibrant Leather Summer, and it's like a slightly louder, heavier Dior Homme Cologne (but still very light, just performs with a bit more presence than the airy DHC). Lots of options in this category. Good luck!

Latest News