latest

Ego Facto Poopoo Pidoo - You know what, it's actually really nice. A bit milky and rice-y with sugary ambrette muskiness. Too bad it barely lasted an hour.
Ego Facto Prends Garde a Toi - A little too 'Glade Autumn Leaves' air freshener or whatever.
Keiko Mecheri Iris Pourpre - Not sure how iris this is but it's very fruity, then make-up-y.
Parfums Delrae Mythique - Ughhhhh the last thing I need is a third FB Delrae but this was really nice: briskly iris yet fruity, but unsweetened, with a kick of leather once it's on the skin, and a sheer, musky drydown. It's boring/lovely, something you can call 'classy.'
CdG Luxe Champaca - Jasmine! Very nice, not too sharp. Still can't beat the Acampora, though.
Stephanie de Saint Aignan Eau Nirique - Like a citrusy jasmine.
Juliette Has A Gun Midnight Oud - I don't get the hype. It's not all that good, thin and synthetic-smelling. Either Black Aoud or Dark Rose have this beat by miles.
ELDO Jasmin et Cigarette - Tried this again and oh man, it's jasmine + HAY, actually. Not too shabby but not something I need a bottle of.
PdE Osmanthus Interdite - This is SO pretty and delicate and "ladylike," but the citrus twist in it keeps it from being too WASPy-preppie-clean. Lovely; would buy for next summer.
SL Filles en Aiguilles - I sure didn't get pine but I sure got lots of frankincense and fruitcake-ness. Really nice, though maybe not necessary. Reminded me a bit of a less-earthier, smoother Wazamba.

Blog Comments

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Parfums Delrae Mythique - Ughhhhh the last thing I need is a third FB Delrae but this was really nice...

:grin: Got a good laugh out of this one!

Oh, I feel your pain. I've only tried two of my six DelRae samples with my wife, but I do like the first one, and she loved this one on first sniff, preferring it even to Iris Pallida, which I think rocks. There's an FB Delrae in my future, too, I'm afraid! :D

Aznavour

May 22, 2008
Oh man, I don't know what it is about Delrae but they always sucker me in!! Luckily upon the second try it got a bit too soapy-clean for me in the far drydown, though to be fair that's a quibble since the fruity-iris-leather stage lasts a pretty long time. (But I'm trying hard to find a flaw here!)

Add your Comments

Latest News