Latest Zegna - Essenze Golden Myrrh!

mrcologneguy

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 2, 2009
Appears to be marketed as a luxury men’s fragrance, and the description suggests it might actually work that way. I’m in for a sniff. Can’t imagine many Basenoters not being at least a little curious about this one. Thanks for the news!

Kaern

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2008
Currently at Harrods.

I visited last week -- main perfumery hall and 6th Floor. Didn't check out Zegna though d'oh!

Mainly relief staff now - very poor, was missing a lot of the regular faces. Another side-effect of COVID, I guess?

woodnotes55

Oct 27, 2016
I visited last week -- main perfumery hall and 6th Floor. Didn't check out Zegna though d'oh!

Mainly relief staff now - very poor, was missing a lot of the regular faces. Another side-effect of COVID, I guess?

Hopefully you can check it out next time. Have very limited experience with the Zegna essenze line but they seem well blended and a bit underrated......

DudeLebowski

Oct 10, 2019
Seems to be a Harrods exclusive for some odd reason. I've gone to the Zegna store in Beverly Hills and it wasn't available. Their website doesn't sell it either. Love the notes. Tempted into blind buying it.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
I have had this for more than a month now and I absolutely love it. Rich and smoky with excellent performance.

PWJ

Jan 29, 2012
I have had this for more than a month now and I absolutely love it. Rich and smoky with excellent performance.

Sounds great! Is the oud noticeable/natural? Also, is it heavy as in cold weather only or suitable for year round wear?

PWJ

Jan 29, 2012
I got my hands on this. It’s a mix of smoky old wood, a latex-like myrrh with a licorice undertone, and a fuzzy (but not powdery) clean amber (mostly labdanum) dry down. Like the other Zegnas it won’t pop your eyeballs out of your skull but it’s very well balanced and perfectly wearable. I get zero oud.

DudeLebowski

Oct 10, 2019
I got my hands on this. It’s a mix of smoky old wood, a latex-like myrrh with a licorice undertone, and a fuzzy (but not powdery) clean amber (mostly labdanum) dry down. Like the other Zegnas it won’t pop your eyeballs out of your skull but it’s very well balanced and perfectly wearable. I get zero oud.
Thanks, PWJ! This helps a lot. It sounds lovely.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
Thanks, PWJ! This helps a lot. It sounds lovely.
I agree, precious info, thanks PWJ!

PWJ

Jan 29, 2012
I will add that my reference when it comes to oud is natural essential oil. I find it difficult to identify the synthetic oud in commercial fragrances in general. I am not saying this as a snob, I am not really an oud fanatic and I have nothing against synthetics - just to point out that others might find oud in this who are more attuned to the note. There is a slightly pungent-sweet quality to the fragrance (kept well-behaved by clean notes), but I interpret it as the myrrh. Anyways, it's a good fragrance. One of the best in the line-up actually.

Latest News