Latest Tiffany Masculine Fragrance - Tiffany & Love For Him!

leor_77

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 8, 2006
Interesting - The original vintage Tiffany colognes and perfumes were really nice...But the latest Tiffany perfume is kind of generic/mainstream, and not noteworthy. Hopefully, the masculine version does not suffer the same fate.

dougczar

Basenotes Institution
Mar 3, 2012
Would like to try it when I get a chance. Guessing it will wind up as just another aromachemical concoction, but holding out hope that it can smell fairly smooth and clean. If so, it may be a winner for sure.

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
Only problem is will all the acolytes who worship the unicorn that is the original give it a chance? Probably not I'd say, because that one was clearly in the old Guerlain/Chanel/Patou school of mossy barbershop fougère, and there's no way this can be anywhere near that due to market trends + IFRA. We'll see. I predict it'll go down in flames on these boards, being reviled for it's "modernity".

This probably wouldn't be a concern to anyone here if Tiffany had made a ton of fragrances inbetween then and now, but they stuck with just the one line (through several reforms) and earned that cult status they'll never shake with vintage enthusiasts. I don't see modern "fragrance army" guys jumping on this because Tiffany has no cachet with them, unless YouTubers jump all over it. There's a chance the niche audience may take to it though if it ends up being something unique, unless it sells for under $100 hahaha

Last edited:

afterdark

Mar 22, 2019
I tried it yesterday as I ran into it incidentally. I went to a lokal perfume store to try bois du portugal out of a 120 ml bottle (I own a 100 ml bottle and people say the juice out of the 120 ml bottle lasts longer) and saw this new fragrance and tied it. I have to say it's nothing special at all. I have a serious problem with most of knew releases which come across as money grabs. Fresh, sweet, no character to speak of,no attention to details, nothing interesting about them and this is no exception. To me completely forgettable. They try to please the masses so their stuff lack originality and distinction.

freewheelingvagabond

Basenotes Institution
Jun 10, 2012
Tried it at the Bangkok duty free, very underwhelming. Not much sweetness, but a very dull and weak citrus scent. Has a late 90s / early 2000s vibe. Not worth the time at all.

20 years too late and smells like a $20 cologne.

onethinline

Basenotes Dependent
Dec 1, 2011
I tried this at Bloomingdale’s last week. It wasn’t bad, with a little bit of a bracing or green aspect in the opening if I remember right, but soon it became clear this is Tiffany updating to today’s “bleu” fragrance structure, with the fresh opening overlaid on norlimbanol “woods.” Like it or not, that’s the thing these days. I’d be willing to give it a try on skin to see how it goes, but it only got a mild, “Oh! Not too bad” from me on strip.

scentimus

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 7, 2000
Tried this at Bloomingdales and found it to be very thin on my skin. The basic man scent of citrus juniper and light woods. Very skin scent fragrance which I already own and have owned in the past.

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008

Nastka

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 6, 2011
Tried this at Bloomingdales and found it to be very thin on my skin. The basic man scent of citrus juniper and light woods. Very skin scent fragrance which I already own and have owned in the past.

Yes I agree. I tried this on Monday, and wasn't too impressed with it either.

Opiate

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2010
I tried it. Not terrible, but not my style(unlike the original Tiffany for Men). It smelled like a pretty generic designer fragrance.

AntonPan

Basenotes Dependent
May 8, 2008
Tried this one and found it lovely for a designer frag. Definitely a Blue de Chanel clone with a different more smooth dry down.

Mr Envy

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 25, 2012
Tried it, liked it, bought it

Wouldn’t surprise me if majority on here wouldn’t care for it as it isn’t ‘challenging’ enough

Mr Envy

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 25, 2012
I want to try it when my family makes our annual shopping trip to Atlanta in December. Who knows? Maybe Santa will like it.

I'm so sorry to be the one to tell you, this should have been done a while ago, but it's best you know the truth....he's not real.

Ifti

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 5, 2016
Odd one! Very easy going - bleu-ish. The pale beachy turquoise used in ads matches - slightly aqua feel, that bleu structure, heavy dose of fuzzy woods thing... The herbal aromatic it's got going is interesting - juniper/cardamom. So a freshie, a bit aqua, aromatic... Interesting in the Lanvin Oxygene and Issey Blue aromats n herbals way.

Certainly nose blinds you this one - prolly the fuzzy wood chems? Sticks around for ages - doubly so on cloths - really gets stuck in!

Tried it again today after a long time ( last summer/spring) - revisiting some freshies.

ChuckW

Basenotes Institution
Aug 21, 2001
Odd one! Very easy going - bleu-ish. The pale beachy turquoise used in ads matches - slightly aqua feel, that bleu structure, heavy dose of fuzzy woods thing... The herbal aromatic it's got going is interesting - juniper/cardamom. So a freshie, a bit aqua, aromatic... Interesting in the Lanvin Oxygene and Issey Blue aromats n herbals way.

Certainly nose blinds you this one - prolly the fuzzy wood chems? Sticks around for ages - doubly so on cloths - really gets stuck in!

Tried it again today after a long time ( last summer/spring) - revisiting some freshies.

Strangely, I thought it resembled Acqua di Gio Absolu more than anything.

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008

Nice description of it!

I like this one, but set it aside in a place where I don't think of it. Will try to correct that!

ToughCool

More Cool Than Tough
Basenotes Plus
Jun 12, 2008
I think this thread won the award for “most likely to cause me not to seek out a fragrance.”

gerbick

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 13, 2009
You know... this reminded me of Armani Mania in some odd way when I tested it recently. For the price and longevity, it wasn't worth what was being asked; however, if I see this in a discounter, I might be persuaded since my Mania is down to the last 10ml.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...