Latest Hermes - H24 Eau De Parfum!

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Oh man, I did try it last night! I couldn't resist, and no stores around me have it available for testing. It was a bad experience. In the opening I was immediately transported back to using the EDT. (I went through about 15ml of it before selling my bottle). Except the clary sage, metallic green is seriously enhanced and amplified with what smells to me like sharp florals (yellow) and aldehydes and very bright/sharp citrus. It's intense. My wife smelled it in the first 5 minutes and she HATED it. She's never had a reaction like that to anything I have owned or sampled. For me it was a little overwhelming as well. It is so floral and botanical in the first 30 minutes, all sharp angles, green-yellow. I kept thinking of a tart, almost sour apricot smell. To me it does smell unisex too. Around the 30 minute mark it started to settle a little bit. Unfortunately I wasn't able to experience much of the "oak moss" mid because it was overwhelming my wife as we were all hanging out in the evening. I only experienced about the first hour. I had to scrub it but was still able to smell the base very well. It retained the botanical nature.

Take everything with a grain of salt, but it's not for me. My wife can't stand it, and she really likes fragrances like Oud Mineral, Fahrenheit, GGA, Sauvage Elixir, Platinum Egoiste, JPG Kokorico, etc. I didn't get the impression there was any round musky notes to be found anywhere to balance out all of the sharp floral/botanical/aldehydic ones. It felt like all angles, all acid no fat. I will stick with my go-tos like Sauvage EDP, Dior Homme 2020, DHS 2021, TF BdJ, Platinum Egoiste, Fahrenheit, Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017, AdG Profondo Lights, JPG Kokorico, etc. I really wanted to buy and like a new Hermes fragrance, but they aren't for me.

Good news, bad news for me. I'm going to love this more. My wife is going to hate this more. Thanks for the honest appraisal!

ThVH

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 13, 2020
Oh man, I did try it last night! I couldn't resist, and no stores around me have it available for testing. It was a bad experience. In the opening I was immediately transported back to using the EDT. (I went through about 15ml of it before selling my bottle). Except the clary sage, metallic green is seriously enhanced and amplified with what smells to me like sharp florals (yellow) and aldehydes and very bright/sharp citrus. It's intense. My wife smelled it in the first 5 minutes and she HATED it. She's never had a reaction like that to anything I have owned or sampled. For me it was a little overwhelming as well. It is so floral and botanical in the first 30 minutes, all sharp angles, green-yellow. I kept thinking of a tart, almost sour apricot smell. To me it does smell unisex too. Around the 30 minute mark it started to settle a little bit. Unfortunately I wasn't able to experience much of the "oak moss" mid because it was overwhelming my wife as we were all hanging out in the evening. I only experienced about the first hour. I had to scrub it but was still able to smell the base very well. It retained the botanical nature.

Take everything with a grain of salt, but it's not for me. My wife can't stand it, and she really likes fragrances like Oud Mineral, Fahrenheit, GGA, Sauvage Elixir, Platinum Egoiste, JPG Kokorico, etc. I didn't get the impression there was any round musky notes to be found anywhere to balance out all of the sharp floral/botanical/aldehydic ones. It felt like all angles, all acid no fat. I will stick with my go-tos like Sauvage EDP, Dior Homme 2020, DHS 2021, TF BdJ, Platinum Egoiste, Fahrenheit, Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017, AdG Profondo Lights, JPG Kokorico, etc. I really wanted to buy and like a new Hermes fragrance, but they aren't for me.
That‘s too bad to hear, sorry it‘s not to your taste!

GoldWineMemories

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 22, 2019
Me neither. I get the comparison, but that fruity top always reminded me more of pear (as used in perfumes). The start is my least favourite part of the OG.
It's not tutty fruity banana like in candy, or a fresh banana from the grocery store. It's like fermented banana.

vertatre

Dec 21, 2010
This is good. I was always on the fence about the Edt. Sometimes I could smell it and sometimes I couldn't. I didn't know if it was nose Fatigue or weak. But I couldn't purchase it because I felt I would use up the entire vial in one wearing.

Sampled the edp at Bloomingdale's. The only store that seems to have it in person. At first it came across as vegetal smelling. (My interpretation may not be yours) but within term minutes it's incredible scent just kept wafting from where I sprayed my hand. An hour later I can still smell it quite strongly.

Sitting at a Cafe and strongly considering running back to Bloomingdale's and grab it.

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
What is that weird note in the edt ??
it stays from beginning to end on me.
I smelled this on someone I know and it smelled much better on them.

Emanuel76

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 16, 2018
I tested it a few days ago, in a local store.
It didn't seem to me at all the metal component would be more pronounced. Neither the floral one.
Polite, musky, hazy and plushy, from musk.
I didn't detect oak moss. But, it's true, I didn't pay much attention to it. In addition to that I had 3 more perfumes on my skin.
Huge longevity from a single spray.

I'll make a side-by-side test tomorrow, out of curiosity.
Not a fan of EDT, but I really can't say I disliked it either (7/10).

What is that weird note in the edt ??
it stays from beginning to end on me.
I smelled this on someone I know and it smelled much better on them.
Sclarene. Which, for me, it smells somehow like blood.

Emanuel76

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 16, 2018
H24

Before I could say anything, the seller woman sprayed me 4 times with the EDP on wrist. I felt raped. :D
Of course, I had to spray 4 times with EDT also, on the other wrist.
I thought I was going to choke myself. But, surprisingly, I survived. The projection is not strong at all.

EDP is very diffusive*, but tenacious, stronger than edt, peppery, musky, seedy, vegetal, weedy, green, metallic, nervous hay, mild camphorous, a bit sweaty.
I don't get any calone, but there is a vague malevolent almost-aquatic presence.
It's like a fluffy mix of clary sage overdose, angelica roots, and a pinch of violet leaves, with very faint sweetness.
I totally dislike it.

*When I sniff my wrist:
EDP is like I immerse my face in a big thick cotton ball. I can feel it/smell it from every direction, even with my ears.
EDP, even if it has some diffusivity, is much more crystalline, the odor has directivity, it only comes from the front. Here I can detect the notes individually.

EDT
Clean laundry, metallic, with a peculiar type of warmth from its soft texture and from warm spices.
I also get a touch of a slighly sour, slightly sweet, reddish-browned aged cheddar cheese topping, just out of the oven. Light and smooth. Not pronounced.

After half an hour I begin to detect in EDP what some colleagues described as hot steam press. Yeah, I get that. It was already there, but now has the center stage. I didn't catch this in EDT.

EDP
Powdery sweet, fluffy-musky, creamy-powdery spiced (cloves-cinnamon-fenugreek) "sandalwood"-vanilla, ambroxan in the background.
I don't get any oakmoss, not even in the deep dry down (+9 hours).
Very faint sulphurous wiffs from time to time in the tip of the nose.

In EDP the ambroxan is in the mix, blurred. I detected it much later.
In EDT it makes its appearance quite early (2 hours), in the background, accompanied by a warm amber accord. Then, in an one-hour window, it's very present.

Deep dry down
They're close.
EDT is lighter. EDP it's thicker and has extra powdery sweetness.
EDT is like a warm cup of tea, with a molecule of mint.

In the first half EDP has almost no sweetnes. But after that, slowly, it becomes sweeter and sweeter. And powdery.
EDT has some vague sweetnes right from the beggining. The ambery accord appears much quicker here (in the background), but the sweetness remained there, it does not develop further.

As I said, I totally dislike the first 2 hours of EDP. It doesn't get nice after that, it just gets less unpleasant.
EDT is quite pleasant. What ruins it is that one-hour window in which the ambroxan is very present.

Maybe I'll test them again tomorrow.

EDT - 7/10
EDP - 5.5/10

h24-edt-edp.jpg

LightYagami

Basenotes Member
May 22, 2021
I enjoyed the edt release. I am surprised by all the hate for it. I blind bought a 50ml edp from Nordstrom. The edp removed the ”greenish bamboo” note that is shared with Zoologist Koala. I believe some are calling this a banana note. It’s replaced by a darker, woodier note. This is a new note to me. My wife says it smells like Christmas. i think the packaging says it is oak moss. To me, it smells a bit like ambroxan without the scratchiness. If sauvage and Bdc are “blue” frags, this is a chemical soup of the “dark green” variety, which might be the “next big thing” in modern frags. While the edt is unisex, this leans more masculine. I like it, but If you hate the edt, this wont change your mind. I wouldn’t be surprised if this gets a parfum and then an elixir.

just my thoughts, which are worth as much as you’re paying for them ;)

LightYagami

Basenotes Member
May 22, 2021
PS: I did a blind buy because I was impatient. IMO:

If you didn’t like the edt = don’t waste your time on the edp.
if you are curious = wait until samples are plentiful.
if you love all things h24 = blind buy

whoame

Basenotes Member
Jan 15, 2022
H24

Before I could say anything, the seller woman sprayed me 4 times with the EDP on wrist. I felt raped. :D
Of course, I had to spray 4 times with EDT also, on the other wrist.
I thought I was going to choke myself. But, surprisingly, I survived. The projection is not strong at all.

EDP is very diffusive*, but tenacious, stronger than edt, peppery, musky, seedy, vegetal, weedy, green, metallic, nervous hay, mild camphorous, a bit sweaty.
I don't get any calone, but there is a vague malevolent almost-aquatic presence.
It's like a fluffy mix of clary sage overdose, angelica roots, and a pinch of violet leaves, with very faint sweetness.
I totally dislike it.

*When I sniff my wrist:
EDP is like I immerse my face in a big thick cotton ball. I can feel it/smell it from every direction, even with my ears.
EDP, even if it has some diffusivity, is much more crystalline, the odor has directivity, it only comes from the front. Here I can detect the notes individually.

EDT
Clean laundry, metallic, with a peculiar type of warmth from its soft texture and from warm spices.
I also get a touch of a slighly sour, slightly sweet, reddish-browned aged cheddar cheese topping, just out of the oven. Light and smooth. Not pronounced.

After half an hour I begin to detect in EDP what some colleagues described as hot steam press. Yeah, I get that. It was already there, but now has the center stage. I didn't catch this in EDT.

EDP
Powdery sweet, fluffy-musky, creamy-powdery spiced (cloves-cinnamon-fenugreek) "sandalwood"-vanilla, ambroxan in the background.
I don't get any oakmoss, not even in the deep dry down (+9 hours).
Very faint sulphurous wiffs from time to time in the tip of the nose.

In EDP the ambroxan is in the mix, blurred. I detected it much later.
In EDT it makes its appearance quite early (2 hours), in the background, accompanied by a warm amber accord. Then, in an one-hour window, it's very present.

Deep dry down
They're close.
EDT is lighter. EDP it's thicker and has extra powdery sweetness.
EDT is like a warm cup of tea, with a molecule of mint.

In the first half EDP has almost no sweetnes. But after that, slowly, it becomes sweeter and sweeter. And powdery.
EDT has some vague sweetnes right from the beggining. The ambery accord appears much quicker here (in the background), but the sweetness remained there, it does not develop further.

As I said, I totally dislike the first 2 hours of EDP. It doesn't get nice after that, it just gets less unpleasant.
EDT is quite pleasant. What ruins it is that one-hour window in which the ambroxan is very present.

Maybe I'll test them again tomorrow.

EDT - 7/10
EDP - 5.5/10

Now this is informative. Thank you!

gerbick

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 13, 2009
I finally tried this today. Let me state first though, I was a fan of the EDT. It just hits a spot that I like in my collection. The EDP hits thicker and less airy than the EDT. To be expected, but it starts off totally different for the first 30 minutes, but in a good way. The removal of the metallic start of the EDT in the EDP is a welcome thing, but I have to admit that I actually like the start of the EDT.

The middle - around 3 hours - starts to feel just like the EDT but heavier. I really love this part of the development.

The dry down though is where I really found myself sniffing my arm. I like this. I should try this on a cooler day though. I feel like I will end up with a bottle of this. I like it, but it didn't hit me like the EDT did - which was an instant purchase for me.

Scentologist

Basenotes Institution
Apr 17, 2007
I thought the original smelled very good but was too thin and weak. I just ordered the EDP because I've read that the limitations were corrected. A very good green fragrance. Side note, looks like Hermes is phasing out the Un Jardins?

Torvo

Nov 14, 2007
Very disappointed with the new EDP: lacking the floral brightness of the original EDT without any deep instead

basicDave

Feb 7, 2014
So yeah, after my first bad impression, I wore it to work today and Monday, just two sprays under the shirt. I like it. The bad reaction from my wife threw me off, but wearing it out of the house... I like it. I still don't fully understand the mid with the "high tech oakmoss", but it's definitely better than the EDT and very easy to wear. The mid is kind of fresh spicy, "earthy" but not dirty at all. More masculine than the EDT as well. The opening is a little strong, but now it feels more familiar and I like it too. I take back the negative things I said about it.

Larry Hoover

Basenotes Junkie
Jan 18, 2015
Bought a small 12,5ml miniature and I have to say I like the EDP more than the EDT. The pear note is overshadowed by a stronger green/oakmoss accord and the scent lasts much longer. Found the EDT to be quite fleeting but this one has some decent longevity. Especially the dry down lingers on for some time. It smells like a mixture between a ''nu-gere'' and some kind of green barbershop scent. Probably the best offering Nagel has made for Hermes so far.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...