Latest Chanel - Paris-Edimbourg!

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
I thought Paris-Deauville was ok, and maybe one Jules might like, but she was against it when she tried it in a shop.

I thought the others were surprisingly plain for Chanels, and don't have high hopes for this new one.

Dane

Jan 9, 2002
According the notes this could become the most masculine in the line.
The previous four smell very feminine to me.

Agreed - the colour of the juice as well seems to lean more traditionally masculine. Looking forward to trying this.

Celinman

Banned
Jan 22, 2019
I like how Chanel is continuing with this. Light effervescent fragrances are my guilty pleasure. I know there is a lot of talk in the community for projection and longevity and how people care so much about those things....I just find the Chanel Paris fragrances sublime and speaks to my sensibilities.

Trilby Lark

Sillage Monster
Basenotes Plus
Feb 17, 2013
I like how Chanel is continuing with this. Light effervescent fragrances are my guilty pleasure. I know there is a lot of talk in the community for projection and longevity and how people care so much about those things....I just find the Chanel Paris fragrances sublime and speaks to my sensibilities.

This type of fragrance, non-heavy hitter, definitely has its place and can be quite wonderful to wear.

Brian5701

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 28, 2009
I'm interested. This line has intrigued me but none have been FBW yet. Deauville is close, but I already have the Eau de Cologne from les Exclusifs.

Beck

May 13, 2014
These bottles look so cheap! They don’t even look minimalist. They look really cheap. Awful design.

Beck

May 13, 2014
I like them a lot! Maybe they look better in person, they have a curved back and resemble a flask which is cool.

I can’t argue with that. Those Casamoratti bottles look like cheap plastic toys in pictures. At person they are very beautiful. I was like “WTF??!!!”. when I saw them. Even the yellow looks very nice.

Opiate

Sep 19, 2010
I got to smell the 4 existing ones yesterday. Biarritz & Deauville were my favorite. Unfortunately they both have the cheap smelling white laundry musk I despise (the one that’s also in the Les Exclusifs de Chanel Eau de Cologne & Dior’s cologne Royale). If it weren’t for that particular musk I would’ve bought both of them on the spot. Really nice, natural smelling fragrances other than that.
Hoping this Paris Edimbourg doesn’t use that musk.

As for the bottles, I liked them just fine. The lids do feel pretty cheap though (but it’s a non-issue to me).

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
Hahah, I was just about to post after watching it again I think one key phrase sums it up:

"This is herbs and grass and dried twigs and forest floors and mosses and sea spray crashing on rocks. It's very very very convincing as a kind of gently marine but mostly citrusy chypre."

Anybody have a tldr?

Dane

Jan 9, 2002
Hahah, I was just about to post after watching it again I think one key phrase sums it up:

"This is herbs and grass and dried twigs and forest floors and mosses and sea spray crashing on rocks. It's very very very convincing as a kind of gently marine but mostly citrusy chypre."

Thanks. I just can't with the videos.

Marine note scares me, but we shall see.

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
Yea I get it, his impressions on the scent boil down to about 1 minute out of a 10 minute video.

Still, I enjoy the banter as someone who's taken to playing youtube videos in the background all day to keep the existential void at bay. And Persolaise is a particularly affable guy and fantastic host!

I have a feeling the marine aspect will be more to do with the sea spray crashing on rocks effect than something like a calone or blue fragrance but we shall see!

Thanks. I just can't with the videos.

Marine note scares me, but we shall see.

Brian5701

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 28, 2009
So, this is coming out next week, according to my local Chanel boutique.

I was able to score a sample and it's pretty nice. Total new territory for Chanel IMO. I mostly get juniper/cypress/clove. Spicy. It reminds me of Eau des Baux from l'Occitane, but fresher and vanilla/tonka-free. Also similar to AdP Ginepro di Sardegna and l'Occitane Eau de 4 Voleurs. Juniper lovers rejoice.

chypre

Oct 10, 2006
Sounds like a departure from the rest of the Eaux as well, if it doesn't feature citrus. I'm looking forward to trying it, though salty marine notes scare me.

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008

I was able to score a sample and it's pretty nice. Total new territory for Chanel IMO. I mostly get juniper/cypress/clove. Spicy. It reminds me of Eau des Baux from l'Occitane, but fresher and vanilla/tonka-free. Also similar to AdP Ginepro di Sardegna and l'Occitane Eau de 4 Voleurs. Juniper lovers rejoice.

Oh wow! Nice.

cheapimitation

May 15, 2015
I'm excited! I planned to visit the Chanel boutique and finally buy Bel Respiro this week, I hope they'll have some samples to give me!

Latest News