Latest Byredo - Mumbai Noise!

Mai7

Aug 16, 2020
Yes, that's quite a lot. When I saw the title, my first thought was that it could be a different name for "Young rose", for eastern market, or something.

NighthawkAtTheDiner

Dec 29, 2020
I'd be curious to try this one.

This is the second Byredo that is based on Mumbai, after Encens Chembur. Haven't tried that one either - but I usually love all things India. Would love to give them a try, despite not being the biggest Byredo fan.

Nastka

Mar 6, 2011
The notes sound good, though I must admit that I have no idea what davana smells like.

4 scents a year - that's a record for Byredo. By the way, the previous Young Rose is still not available in Russia)

Yes, that's quite a lot. When I saw the title, my first thought was that it could be a different name for "Young rose", for eastern market, or something.

I think what we are seeing with a lot of companies are releases that were pushed back last year due to Covid coming out now. At least it 'feels' that way to me.

This is the second Byredo that is based on Mumbai, after Encens Chembur. Haven't tried that one either - but I usually love all things India. Would love to give them a try, despite not being the biggest Byredo fan.

Might be because Gorham has Indian ancestry (maternal I think)?

Schubertian

Apr 8, 2021
The notes look interesting, though I'm not a fan of Byredo generally.
I just thought... they must have been aware there's a perfume called Bombay Bling? Mumbai Noise just seems like... well... a bit less successful as a name.

Buzzlepuff

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 27, 2005

Is Radio Bombay also inspired by the area of Mumbai? I have that one and also Chember so I look forward to trying Mumbai Noise. Ben Gorham, founder of Byredo is from Stockholm but his mother lives in Chember a town close to Mumbai - so I guess it's home? Last I heard Byredo was owned by Manzanita Group a U.K. equity investment group, but I assume Gorham still directs product design?

Oops - Radio Bombay is from D.S.& Durga, my mistake!

freewheelingvagabond

Jun 10, 2012
Is Radio Bombay also inspired by the area of Mumbai? I have that one and also Chember so I look forward to trying Mumbai Noise. Ben Gorham, founder of Byredo is from Stockholm but his mother lives in Chember a town close to Mumbai - so I guess it's home? Last I heard Byredo was owned by Manzanita Group a U.K. equity investment group, but I assume Gorham still directs product design?

Oops - Radio Bombay is from D.S.& Durga, my mistake!

Mumbai and Bombay are the same city. The city was historically known as Bombay, which is a British name. Sometime in the 2000s (or 90s) the name was changed to Mumbai, based on the Mumba Devi temple that's located in the city. Chembur isn't a town close to Mumbai - historically it's been a suburb but practically it's very much a part of Mumbai and has been for some time as all of it is a contiguous urban landscape. Hope this is helpful. :)

Latest News