Lalique addiction - Ombre Noire, Hommage a l'Homme, Hommage a l'Homme Voyageur

Sep 20, 2018
Good evening everyone,

Just need some advice as I cannot decide between these three. Lalique has been growing on me lately and I see myself wearing more of their creations. I would like to know some more experienced fragheads' opinion regarding which one would be a wiser choice, as I have access to all of them. Eventually, if I decide I like them that much I will buy all 3 of them however I'm thinking I've been ordering quite a bit lately and I might slow down with buying perfume for a while. I also would like to buy with purpose. To give you all a very brief idea, I have found myself reaching out to my Encre Noire bottle quite a lot lately and very rarely to Pure Malt. In my collection I also have Guerlain L'homme Ideal EDP(which I'm not so fond of anymore), Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille(very rarely I reach out to it), Dior Homme Intense(lovely perfume however haven't tried it in a while). It seems like my taste perfume-wise has shifted from somewhat sweet, more popular fragrances to more mature fragrances. I think over the years I have changed a bit as well so I'm not as confortable to wear some of my sweet or gourmand perfumes as I used to be once. Hence I seem to reach out to more mature fragrances lately, I seem to appreciate these more. I have also just ordered Lalique Encre Noire L'Extreme, Guerlain Habit Rouge, Guerlain Heritage. Given that there might be similarities between the Lalique perfumes and those I'd just ordered, I would like to know your thoughts on this - is it really worth it to get all 3 Lalique perfumes mentioned?

Note: Although I have used various perfumes over the years, I do not have a thorough knowledge of perfumes, notes, categories etc. so apologies if any mistakes were made.

P.S.: Not very used to basenotes platform, hope I did not break any rules and my post is on the right thread/topic.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
All three of these are very different from each other and from other fragrances in the Lalique lineup.
[...]
True!

Ombre Noire of the three.

That would be my recommendation too, since it's a great spicy/boozy/tobacco, but I wouldn't spend more than $60/70 on that one.

I love the all, but in that order:
1. ON
2. Hal'H
3. Hal'HV

That said, the other two do also great jobs in their categories, Hommage a' L'Homme Voyageur in the patchouli/vetiver category, and Hommage a' L'Homme in the woody floral category. (even if the latter underperforms a bit)

Sep 20, 2018
Thank you all, great insight here! Decided to go with Hommage and Hommage Voyageur for the moment, will probably get the Ombre Noire as well eventually. I guess it's true what they say about being a basenoter - you'll eventually get all of them anyway!

Latest News