Kouros Eau Sport

Minotauro

Jul 12, 2021
A fairly reliable seller can sell me a bottle of Kouros Eau Sport with about 80 ml of the original 100 ml, for about $100.
What is your opinion? As the Kouros bottle is practically opaque, it is not possible to see if there is any type of sediment...

阿里旺旺图片20210827211807.jpg
阿里旺旺图片20210827211742.jpg
阿里旺旺图片20210827211757.jpg

Does it seem risky to buy it? I am sorry, I don't have much experience in these vintage buying businesses.
Jeez, I'm so paranoid! I'm always thinking that something can go wrong...

Nonetheless, the bottle looks legitimate to me.
I would appreciate any comments ... what would I do without you!

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018
It's legit for sure. Personally, for that price I'd grab it. For historical reasons more than the smell. It smells great but it's not a major difference from the original, imo. But for that price, you might as well go for it[emoji106]

relus

Mar 21, 2019
I have 2 bottles of eau de sport, buy it, theres always a risk but if you do some research about the seller you can take a chance. Kouros is iconic to me.

Minotauro

Jul 12, 2021
I don't have much experience in buying vintage fragrances, but according to how it looks the bottle, I would personally rule out a fake bottle (naive me?).

Another thing would be to check the fragrance, if it is well preserved, or if it has been manipulated for spurious purposes.
As a friend said before, the bottle is missing the blue part on top, although it is a detail that could well be anecdotal.

I found the purchase of this perfume very interesting not only because of the fragrance; also taking in consideration the design of the bottle I think it is more difficult to manipulate than other models (for example, Lutens bottles can be emptied in a second).

relus

Mar 21, 2019
Its true that 4 or 5 digits are more common, so whats a little strange is indeed the place of that batch nr, never seen in it on that place, like n cal frag reviewer stated as well. More mystery is, one of my kouros eau de sport bottle is a paris charles of the ritz from 1985, altough eau de sport was released in 1986, and was most a parfums corp edition as i understood.

Minotauro

Jul 12, 2021
Although it is not directly related, I think it helps you get an idea of the context.
I show you several vintage models that this seller has for sale.

O1CN01QfZ1GZ2E5Rbnb3MQf_!!346318693.jpg
O1CN01sxcskm2E5RdWgBnNk_!!346318693 (2).jpg
O1CN01usiAgD2E5RagLxRrC_!!346318693.jpg
O1CN010gsJ1h2E5Rf8eox04_!!346318693 (2).jpg

I, from my blessed ignorance, can believe that someone is willing to sell empty vintage bottles that they may have filling them with anything else; but making perfume bottles and boxes that are no longer on the market seems like a more arduous and complicated job.

Minotauro

Jul 12, 2021
I just bought Kouros Eau de Sport.

Admitting that there is a certain risk I have bought it, especially considering that the price is quite reasonable imho.
Probably next Friday or Monday I will receive it and I will be happy to share my impressions with all of you.

Thank you very much for your comments, and pray for me :p

relus

Mar 21, 2019

Admitting that there is a certain risk I have bought it, especially considering that the price is quite reasonable imho.
Probably next Friday or Monday I will receive it and I will be happy to share my impressions with all of you.

Nice! If its legit you have a very good scent in your hands.

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018

Great! It will be fine. You know, sometimes you just stumble upon a really good deal[emoji106]

Minotauro

Jul 12, 2021
I have received the bottle of Kouros.
Everything perfect, I am happy and I do not detect any problem.

I have been testing it this weekend and I think is a magnificent fragrance.
Very similar to the original Kouros, with the civet note present but much reduced, and in general terms a bit greener and a little fresher than the original, without losing its body.

With a slightly "powdery" drydown ... it doesn't really get even powdery ... just a feeling... maybe it's the olibanum note?
Longevity 8-10 hours easily, sillage present and smooth in the first 4 hours and then it goes down a bit, delicious from start to finish.
Perfect to wear in a hot, humid weather city like mine, and a little is enough.

Therefore, I think it is an original bottle.
Thanks for your comments and company.:thumbsup:

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
I have received the bottle of Kouros.
Everything perfect, I am happy and I do not detect any problem.

I have been testing it this weekend and I think is a magnificent fragrance.
Very similar to the original Kouros, with the civet note present but much reduced, and in general terms a bit greener and a little fresher than the original, without losing its body.

With a slightly "powdery" drydown ... it doesn't really get even powdery ... just a feeling... maybe it's the olibanum note?
Longevity 8-10 hours easily, sillage present and smooth in the first 4 hours and then it goes down a bit, delicious from start to finish.
Perfect to wear in a hot, humid weather city like mine, and a little is enough.

Therefore, I think it is an original bottle.
Thanks for your comments and company.:thumbsup:

Well done! :thumbup:

Staff online

Latest News