Kouros 2015

Vinnie

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 5, 2015
I've heard too that the reformulation was supposed to be alot better than previous non-vintage formulations. Can anyone confirm?

That seems to be the consensus. The best formulation from the L'Oreal years. If the hype is true, I will make a stock of them this year. You never know if they will reformulate the thing! Gonna stock a lot of Fahrenheits, too, since the 2015 Is amazing! Just need to know where to buy on web, since my stupid country is only carrying the previous versions.

GeorgeY

Jun 21, 2015
My pleasure, mate.
Reading many posts here saying that the new-packaged version smells better than the previous one really makes me curious whether the new one really does. Never owned a Kouros before and I just got a 50ml bottle of the previous version couple days ago since it was on sale and it's the last previous version I could find in the local store. Will get a new version when it's on sale again and see if there is any difference. Hopefully it won't take long before the new version reaching to your country.

GeorgeY

Jun 21, 2015
Thanks, I was waiting for that. The box is different, no doubt, more pretty. Definitely reformulated and supposedly much better than the previous version. Need to find this and buy 3 or 4, If it reach my expectations. I'm pretty sure It won't ever be like 80's vintage, and people need to get over it, seriously. Thanks again for the photo and explaining the diferences, mate!

My pleasure, mate.
Reading many posts here saying that the new-packaged version smells better than the previous one really makes me curious whether the new one really does. Never owned a Kouros before and I just got a 50ml bottle of the previous version couple days ago since it was on sale and it's the last previous version I could find in the local store. Will get a new version when it's on sale again and see if there is any difference. Hopefully it won't take long before the new version reaching to your country.

Vinnie

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 5, 2015
My pleasure, mate.

Do you know any websites that sells this new, shinning letters, formulation of Kouros? I've heard they reformulated Body Kouros, too, and then possibly the whole La Collection line (that's what I suppose). Guess YSL has received a lot of boycott, for such a radical movement.

Duke Smellington

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 3, 2012
I believe you are refering to the new Kouros flanker "Silver" which has very nice packaging indeed but smells atrocious(boring woody amber).

I also saw a bottle of the original Kouros(at Kohl's) and could not resist spraying it on my arm much to the horror of my girlfriend.

Vinnie

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 5, 2015
I believe you are refering to the new Kouros flanker "Silver" which has very nice packaging indeed but smells atrocious(boring woody amber).

I also saw a bottle of the original Kouros(at Kohl's) and could not resist spraying it on my arm much to the horror of my girlfriend.

Not the Silver. It's the original Kouros, but in a new package (reformulated).

Lol, does your girlfriend hates Kouros? Dammmmmnnn...

Titan

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 9, 2005
I wanted to share my experiences with the newer formulation of Kouros by L'Oreal/YSL Beaute. I hadn't worn the fragrance in about 12 years but last summer decided to revisit and purchased a bottle. My girlfriend at that time enjoyed lighter scents with the exception of Drakkar Noir which she really liked. One spray of DN and I would receive compliments from women of all ages. But that is a story for another day.

Last summer I was given a couple Kouros sample sprays to try. They were pre L'Oreal. One weekend after showering I decided to put some on. I couldn't believe how strong and intense one spray from that little sample bottle was. Scent is a strong sense and I was immediately reminded of my time wearing Kouros more than a decade ago. I own Kouros Fraicheur and Kouros Cologne Sport and decided that I needed to add the original to my collection. I didn't obsess over the formulation just that I wanted a bottle with the chrome shoulders and base plate. I also knew that I wasn't going to wear this all the time as it was not my signature scent, so I didn't want to pay a lot for it.

I purchased from a vendor on ebay that I bought many fragrances from in the past because they had a picture showing a 100ml bottle with chrome shoulder and base and they offered the best price. Oh how I was disappointed when my bottle arrived and the box looked like the newest design. Well I opened it to find the newest white bottle. I am not one to freak out over bottle design but this iconic bottle has been cheaply redone and if someone was trying to create a knock off this is what they would produce. I could have returned it but figured give it a try as the smell of the fragrance is really what matters. I sprayed one spray and there was just the tiniest hint of Kouros to my nose and then minutes later I couldn't smell anything. I put on another. I got up to four sprays and for a short time I would get the faintest nod of Kouros but then a talc or body powder scent would dominate. It had a minty, eucalyptus like scent mixed with powder. It reminded me of a body deodorant smell you might find in an Aveda or similar natural product. I was very disappointed. I wore the scent for the next couple months figuring that it was kind of fresh and light and the more time I spent wearing it I would become more familiar with it's dry down. I would apply 5 sprays when I wore it and within these couple months used 20% of the bottle. I decided to revisit some lighter frags as the summer moved on and put this back in its box and shelved it.

I read about this fragrance becoming stronger with age and now a year later decided to give a wearing. The first time I wore it I got the same experience as my initial wearing a year ago; body grooming deodorant smell. Over the next couple wearings the fragrance seemed to be stronger and resemble Kouros more. It also lasted longer. I have worn the fragrance four or five times now this summer and this scent has done a 180.

Yesterday I did yard work and before I started I sprayed one spray to the center of my chest from a couple inches away. My skin was clean and I had not put any fragrance on. I mowed and edged the lawn, trimmed and pruned trees and the scent was going strong the whole time while perspiring and over the smell of the mower and trimmer. Later after showering I could still smell the scent. I only use unscented soaps and deodorant so not to interfere with my fragrances. I showered using Dr. Bronner's Unscented bar soap and when I was finished and drying off I could pick up a faint smell of Kouros.

I just wanted to let people know if they purchased the white bottle like myself and feel let done by the smell to give it some time. The top didn't change much but the mid and base notes are Kouros. The code on my box/bottle is 62K904 and was apparently manufactured in 2013. I am interested to try this 2015 version because if it is anything like the vintage 10ml miniature I later bought I would add this to my Kouros family.

Last edited:

HankHarvey

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 15, 2014
U
I wanted to share my experiences with the newer formulation of Kouros by L'Oreal/YSL Beaute. I hadn't worn the fragrance in about 12 years but last summer decided to revisit and purchased a bottle. My girlfriend at that time enjoyed lighter scents with the exception of Drakkar Noir which she really liked. One spray of DN and I would receive compliments from women of all ages. But that is a story for another day.

Last summer I was given a couple Kouros sample sprays to try. They were pre L'Oreal. One weekend after showering I decided to put some on. I couldn't believe how strong and intense one spray from that little sample bottle was. Scent is a strong sense and I was immediately reminded of my time wearing Kouros more than a decade ago. I own Kouros Fraicheur and Kouros Cologne Sport and decided that I needed to add the original to my collection. I didn't obsess over the formulation just that I wanted a bottle with the chrome shoulders and base plate. I also knew that I wasn't going to wear this all the time as it was not my signature scent, so I didn't want to pay a lot for it.

I purchased from a vendor on ebay that I bought many fragrances from in the past because they had a picture showing a 100ml bottle with chrome shoulder and base and they offered the best price. Oh how I was disappointed when my bottle arrived and the box looked like the newest design. Well I opened it to find the newest white bottle. I am not one to freak out over bottle design but this iconic bottle has been cheaply redone and if someone was trying to create a knock off this is what they would produce. I could have returned it but figured give it a try as the smell of the fragrance is really what matters. I sprayed one spray and there was just the tiniest hint of Kouros to my nose and then minutes later I couldn't smell anything. I put on another. I got up to four sprays and for a short time I would get the faintest nod of Kouros but then a talc or body powder scent would dominate. It had a minty, eucalyptus like scent mixed with powder. It reminded me of a body deodorant smell you might find in an Aveda or similar natural product. I was very disappointed. I wore the scent for the next couple months figuring that it was kind of fresh and light and the more time I spent wearing it I would become more familiar with it's dry down. I would apply 5 sprays when I wore it and within these couple months used 20% of the bottle. I decided to revisit some lighter frags as the summer moved on and put this back in its box and shelved it.

I read about this fragrance becoming stronger with age and now a year later decided to give a wearing. The first time I wore it I got the same experience as my initial wearing a year ago; body grooming deodorant smell. Over the next couple wearings the fragrance seemed to be stronger and resemble Kouros more. It also lasted longer. I have worn the fragrance four or five times now this summer and this scent has done a 180.

Yesterday I did yard work and before I started I sprayed one spray to the center of my chest from a couple inches away. My skin was clean and I had not put any fragrance on. I mowed and edged the lawn, trimmed and pruned trees and the scent was going strong the whole time while perspiring and over the smell of the mower and trimmer. Later after showering I could still smell the scent. I only use unscented soaps and deodorant so not to interfere with my fragrances. I showered using Dr. Bronner's Unscented bar soap and when I was finished and drying off I could pick up a faint smell of Kouros.

I just wanted to let people know if they purchased the white bottle like myself and feel let done by the smell to give it some time. The top didn't change much but the mid and base notes are Kouros. The code on my box/bottle is 62K904 and was apparently manufactured in 2013. I am interested to try this 2015 version because if it is anything like the vintage 10ml miniature I later bought I would add this to my Kouros family.

Same thing happened to my L'Oreal Kouros.

P

Pollux

Curious... I passed by a local perfume shop and tried one of their offerings, as a matter of fact the same one I bought a couple of years ago. Tried and worn the first time I recalled it being a Terre d'Hermes smell alike; nowadays the juice in the bottle I have smells different.

The "aged" one in my wardrobe improved significantly, the citric notes are more prominent and the metallic / woody notes (synthetic feeling) became more subdued, almost imperceptible. It is a gentler TdH, far less complex but more enjoyable.

As to others, I noticed they acquire something in common with vintage scents, a character that could be described as dense.

I wonder if in their efforts to improve rotation companies are not given blends any time for settling.

I was going to open a thread on this. No need to now.

Titan

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 9, 2005
Curious... I passed by a local perfume shop and tried one of their offerings, as a matter of fact the same one I bought a couple of years ago. Tried and worn the first time I recalled it being a Terre d'Hermes smell alike; nowadays the juice in the bottle I have smells different.

The "aged" one in my wardrobe improved significantly, the citric notes are more prominent and the metallic / woody notes (synthetic feeling) became more subdued, almost imperceptible. It is a gentler TdH, far less complex but more enjoyable.

As to others, I noticed they acquire something in common with vintage scents, a character that could be described as dense.

I wonder if in their efforts to improve rotation companies are not given blends any time for settling.

I was going to open a thread on this. No need to now.

I know with wine and liquor that once it is removed from the wooden barrels and bottled the aging process is complete. I never thought much about fragrances. Thirty years of wearing scents I guess I was not looking that close. I suppose I was so put off by my Kouros and reading on Basenotes that it got better with age it opened my eyes. There is a video on youtube about Guerlain- The next generation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX-iGh_0qUA and it shows them blending ingredients to make perfume (see 6:30 of part 2). I never thought about how long it takes for that to become a finished product. I don't recall there being mention of time till it is bottled. I think your thread would be a good question for the forum.

Thomas Martin

Basenotes Junkie
Jun 28, 2005
I'm having the 2015 Version on my left wrist and the previous formulation on my right right now. There's no difference. No Civet in there whatsoever. It smells nice but's it's nothing compared to the vintage stuff.

Freschi

Basenotes Junkie
Aug 1, 2012
I'm having the 2015 Version on my left wrist and the previous formulation on my right right now. There's no difference. No Civet in there whatsoever. It smells nice but's it's nothing compared to the vintage stuff.

This makes perfect sense. Unfortunately the world is struggling financially and this tends to have impact on the quality of new fragrances/current formulations IMHO. I can't think of any room for improvements made on 80's fragrances, it's only getting worse and worse as the case for Kouros.

Vinnie

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 5, 2015

Are you sure your 2015 Kouros is the one with the box in shinning letters? The previous got white letters. Strange, as the box impplies this is definitely a reformulation. I doubt it will ever have the civet in doses that it used to have, but at least we may focus on all the other ingredients in Kouros.

Some time ago I was thinking in adding civetone to the bottles of Kouros, but have no clue if it is as simple as I think...

Andrè Moreau

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 26, 2012
Oh, finally a REAL comparative picture.

On left, the "old" L'Oreal 2011-2014 box
on right, three "new" (year 2015) Kouros boxes.

Just posted on the "Kouros Encyclopaedia"

spina.jpg

tsuzumi

Basenotes Junkie
Nov 9, 2009
I dropped into Kohl's today. The tester bottle of Kouros had silver shoulders. The boxes were the new darker one. I tried the tester--it seemed civety and long-lasting. (I am old enough to remember the original, but only remember it vaguely). Assuming the tester is the same as the boxed product, I think fans of the original should be satisfied by what Kohl's is selling, at least. I looked on Fragnet, and they had a silver-shoulder bottle, but no way to tell about the box or anything on that website, so I may break down and go for the higher price at Kohl's.

Vinnie

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 5, 2015
I dropped into Kohl's today. The tester bottle of Kouros had silver shoulders. The boxes were the new darker one. I tried the tester--it seemed civety and long-lasting. (I am old enough to remember the original, but only remember it vaguely). Assuming the tester is the same as the boxed product, I think fans of the original should be satisfied by what Kohl's is selling, at least. I looked on Fragnet, and they had a silver-shoulder bottle, but no way to tell about the box or anything on that website, so I may break down and go for the higher price at Kohl's.

That's great! Only Kohl's is carrying this Kouros? Maybe Fragnet too, but I can't find it anywhere besides Kohl's. Really need to get one until the end of the year. It's difficult! :(

vanWolff

Mar 28, 2015
I just bought the 2015 Version of Kouros... my, oh, my. This new juice is great! Don't get fooled, it is not vintage Kouros, but it is myriads closer than the pre-2015 L'Oreal versions!
I'm very happy with it and while it is not a substitute, it's worthy to use for saving the vintage Kouros.

Norstrøm

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 25, 2011
Too much character for most people to handle. Especially when I look at that wardrobe

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Where can I sign up for the pluran fan club? :p

You don't really see posts like this on BN anymore. Years ago there were many of them, and they did sometimes create a negative atmosphere of elitism, but today it is warm and fuzzy BN nostalgia :)

Haha, brilliant! :p

ChuckW

Basenotes Institution
Aug 21, 2001
I just bought the 2015 Version of Kouros... my, oh, my. This new juice is great! Don't get fooled, it is not vintage Kouros, but it is myriads closer than the pre-2015 L'Oreal versions!
I'm very happy with it and while it is not a substitute, it's worthy to use for saving the vintage Kouros.

Your opinion is the same as mine. Very solid take on the original.

Herne

Basenotes Junkie
Sep 12, 2015
Have bottles of 2014 and 2015 (new packing) and while tested them side by side, they are very close to each other with scent. I'm not quite sure is there any differences at all. Somehow 2014 seemed a bit more flat and 2015 more lively at the opening but not quite sure. Also 2015 felt like it had a bit better projection and was a bit stronger. But one thing is for sure, 2015 had better longevity. 3 hours after I didn't smell anything of 2014, 2015 was still very noticeable.

But scentwise, I really think that 2014 and 2015 are very close to each other if not exactly the same. Will continue testing.

Beck

Basenotes Dependent
May 13, 2014
L'Oréal fixing mistakes? Incredible. They should fix their biggest mistake and bring up us back the original M7.

mgrigoriev

Basenotes Dependent
Oct 31, 2009
I tried Kouros 2015 in Athens Duty Free - it is definitely different comparing to the silver shoulders version. The old version was a sward fight between clean/soapy notes with dirty/musky notes and that made it interesting and unique. The new version contains only clean notes thus the entertainment and debauchery of old chap Kouros is over( thumbs down

Vinnie

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 5, 2015
I don't know... Some say it's closer to the original, others say is the same as the previous. There must be a consensus here...

And I still couldn't get mine...

s810

Sep 8, 2009
I bought a bottle yesterday from Kohl's, packaged in the new box, with the silver outline replacing the white bars. It smells great, though when checking it's production code, checkcosmetics returned an april 2014 date.

Has anyone else with the newer packaging checked their code? And if so, what was the date of production? I'm curious if others have bottles that go back that far, especially for something that was supposed to have been released around the start of the new year 2015. Just wondering what the lead time was ahead of release.

Brian5701

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 28, 2009
Is it possible that just the box has been changed? I doubt that if the makers reformulated Kouros, that they would automatically change the box. Wouldn't they rename it as well? If it were me and I decided to cheapen the recipe and hope no one would notice, I would leave the box as is and hope no one notices. If on the other hand I decided to make a positive change to the recipe, I would announce it, rename it "Kouros Klassic" (Kouros Civeterrific), or something like that.

Oslo-Fjord

Basenotes Institution
Aug 27, 2008
I bought the "new" Kouros today in the modern box. I can't detect any differences in smell, but I haven't given it a full wearing yet, so I can't say anything about the stayingpower and projection. I will give it a full wearing tomorrow.

Herne

Basenotes Junkie
Sep 12, 2015
I bought a bottle yesterday from Kohl's, packaged in the new box, with the silver outline replacing the white bars. It smells great, though when checking it's production code, checkcosmetics returned an april 2014 date.

Has anyone else with the newer packaging checked their code? And if so, what was the date of production? I'm curious if others have bottles that go back that far, especially for something that was supposed to have been released around the start of the new year 2015. Just wondering what the lead time was ahead of release.

My Kouros with the new box gives production date April 2015. Batch 38M400.
Haven't been testing much lately these differences between my other bottle which is batch 62L104 (January 2014).

But I'm pretty sure there is some slight differences. Although it might be a cause of aging or something like that. Older bottle might have been sitting on a shelf of a department store since early 2014, newer bottle had just arrived few days before I bought it. Both were sealed bottles, so I don't know is aging even possible at that time.

Have to give them a go again when I am in a mood for Kouros.

Last edited:

Oslo-Fjord

Basenotes Institution
Aug 27, 2008
My Kouros with the new box gives production date April 2015. Batch 38M400.
Haven't been testing much lately these differences between my other bottle which is batch 62L104 (January 2014).

But I'm pretty sure there is some slight differences. Although it might be a cause of aging or something like that. Older bottle might have been sitting on a shelf of a department store since early 2014, newer bottle had just arrived few days before I bought it. Both were sealed bottles, so I don't know is aging even possible at that time.

Have to give them a go again when I am in a mood for Kouros.
Where on the box can you see the production date? I can't find it on mine..

Oct 31, 2015
I've just bought a 2015-dated bottle of Kouros today (£35 for 100ml from John Lewis in Cambridge UK).

I can't pretend to know anything about how the vintage Kouros smells, however I can say that I like what I've bought today. I can smell the dirty/clean type confict, I can smell that it's different from any other fragrance that I've tried, I can say that I'm going to wear it again. Can't say about longevity yet, but then other supposedly 'monster' scents don't last very long on me, so maybe I'm not best placed to tell.

It could well have been different/better in the past, but, from looking at the prices of vintage bottles on ebay, I don't think I'm likely to buy one!

Every long lasting fragrance will be reformulated or dropped eventually - whether for cost, legal or fashion reasons, when this happens, if you like that fragrance the way it is, you will be annoyed. There is nothing you can do about this, other than buying lots and lots of bottles of the fragrances you like and hoping that they have a long shelf life (which thankfully quite a lot of fragrances do, if correctly stored).

So, especially if you are young and don't know what the old one smells like, go and get a spray of Kouros... you might decide to buy some! (which, btw, is the only way it will avoid being chopped).

petukchele

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 2, 2014
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Where can I sign up for the pluran fan club? :p

You don't really see posts like this on BN anymore. Years ago there were many of them, and they did sometimes create a negative atmosphere of elitism, but today it is warm and fuzzy BN nostalgia :)

You mean to say you do not like the reformulated BN? The vintage was better?:vrolijk_26:

rgdeuce

Jan 6, 2016
I had a bottle in high school, late 90s. Uncle no longer wore cologne and found out I did when I showed up oversprayed, so he gave me a box with about five bottles. This was the only one I liked and I tossed the rest. No clue on how old it was, but he was a single man in the mid 80s, so I am guessing from then. I bought another bottle in the early 2000s. Recently, I just started wearing cologne again after taking 7 years off or so. I always loved Kouros, but they were bottles that would last me a long time because I didn't find it to be a safe scent considering my age. My wife had become curious after I had read her some of the "silly" reviews, as well as the ones where people say it smelled like cat piss and dead animals. Told her I thought it was great, but found it to be a manly but polarizing scent when I wore it when I was younger.

So ordered a bottle, came yesterday. Batch code says Oct 2014, but its in the new box. First off, sprayed it on and my wife instantly hit me with a, "oh, I know that, my dad wore it when I was a little girl." So I have that association working against me now lol. Unless my skin chemistry changed over the last 10-12 years, I can say I can tell the difference. And I am not so sure it is such a bad thing. I mean, it is definitely Kouros, but it feels like it is missing something. And as a novice in terms of recognizing notes, guessing it is the civet based on what I am see in the reviews. It still smells great to me though, still smells like Kouros but with less edge. And weirdly, I am getting a bit of a powder note from this, which I do not remember from my old bottles, at all. Really subtle, but I am picking that up.

I work in a business formal office, but Fridays are always business casual. I consider myself confident with a bit of an edge, but I didn't buy another bottle to wear to the office, at all. Based on yesterday's test, I said f it and wore it to work. One spray to the neck like I used to wear it. Honestly, I feel like I could have gotten away with another, and probably could get away with three away from the office. This doesn't feel as strong, but I can still tell it is strong because I still get that odd taste in my mouth when I spray to my neck. It's feels much safer, so I am guessing I will go through this 50ml pretty quickly and will wear it to work on days without meetings or when I will be around super important people. So in that sense, to me, it's not the same, but I may be happier with this current stuff because I will get to wear it more. Ideal world, I would have this and my old bottle.

Last edited:

Bigsly

Basenotes Institution
Feb 20, 2008
Buying the "new Kouros" would not seem to make any sense, unless you live a very busy life. The thing is that if you have some patience you can get a reasonably good deal on "vintage" (at least a "chrome shoulders" bottle, which in my experience is at least wearable as Kouros), whereas if you buy from a retailer you're probably not going to pay much (if any) more! One spray of vintage may be 3 or 4 of a newer formulation, so if you factor that in (assuming it is accurate) the new one is quite a bad deal. I haven't done any side-by-side testing and have not tried anything newer than the last "chrome shoulders" formulation, so I'm basing this upon what others have said about the non-chrome shoulders formulation (s).

Vinnie

Basenotes Junkie
Apr 5, 2015
One spray of vintage may be 3 or 4 of a newer formulation, so if you factor that in (assuming it is accurate) the new one is quite a bad deal. I haven't done any side-by-side testing and have not tried anything newer than the last "chrome shoulders" formulation, so I'm basing this upon what others have said about the non-chrome shoulders formulation (s).

Now I LOL'ed real hard, Bigsly! You're trying way too hard with that quote!

First off, 1 spray vintage to 3-4 sprays white shoulders is absolutely laughable! I've got myself this very last reform and my experience with vintages is with two 90's versions. Performance wise is same, but vintage smells more intense with all that oakmoss filler. It's not THAT big difference, let me be honest. Second, you cannot assume anything based on other's opinions. It took me a learning curve on the Internet fragrance world to realize people lie way too much on the vintage/reformulation subject. It's not about impressions. People actually make statements based on what they want to believe. In others words, too much suspicious talking. I can hardly trust others opinions these days anymore. It's because of arguments like those, that newcomers keep bumping and going nuts over anything that is reformulated. That's paranoia and all this talking is getting way more attention than it deserves. Bigsly, please, don't spread the disease.

Last edited:

Bigsly

Basenotes Institution
Feb 20, 2008
Now I LOL'ed real hard, Bigsly! You're trying way too hard with that quote!

First off, 1 spray vintage to 3-4 sprays white shoulders is absolutely laughable! I've got myself this very last reform and my experience with vintages is with two 90's versions. Performance wise is same, but vintage smells more intense with all that oakmoss filler. It's not THAT big difference, let me be honest. Second, you cannot assume anything based on other's opinions. It took me a learning curve on the Internet fragrance world to realize people lie way too much on the vintage/reformulation subject. It's not about impressions. People actually make statements based on what they want to believe. In others words, too much suspicious talking. I can hardly trust others opinions these days anymore. It's because of arguments like those, that newcomers keep bumping and going nuts over anything that is reformulated. That's paranoia and all this talking is getting way more attention than it deserves. Bigsly, please, don't spread the disease.

Sorry, I qualified my statements properly, as I learned in academia. If you have a better standard, go ahead and articulate it and I'll consider it. I've read many people say the new formulation is very different and weak. If you disagree, so be it. As I said, my statements were predicated on the former. If the former is inaccurate then obviously my notions may be not relevant. However, I have tried a 2014 A*Men and I'd say that at least two sprays are equivalent to one from my 2009 bottle, and that's just an assessment I've done recently (I remember this being the case for others in the past). You can call it paranoia but I think the fear of "spoiled" drydowns in vintage bottles is a much better candidate for that designation!

Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

Latest News