KNIZE: complete.

everso

Banned
Mar 18, 2008
So until i discover some obscure variant which i do not have, my Knize collection for MEN has been completed! It's just fantastic. Whenever i look at these bottles and especially when i use ANY of these 5 scents....i'm blown away by how good they are.

I also own a small 5ml bottle of Glencheck (by Knize) (ultra rare) which i have not included in the photo, as well as a bottle of Lady Knize which is now in my wife's shelf.

SAY HELLO to the Knize Family!

knize forest, knize two, knize ten, knize ten golden edition, and knize sec.
picture.php

Last edited:

jenson

Nov 19, 2007
congratulations Brother!! thats some collection you have there!

btw, ever tempted to get hold of the 1 litre bottle of Knize ten :) ?

everso

Banned
Mar 18, 2008
How much different is 10 Gold from the original one?
I lust a bottle of Forest

yeah i hope you get Forest soon!

Golden Edition seems to skip some of the opening notes and go straight into the mid-notes....it still does have a slight citrus opening like the original, but not much. It's slightly more leathery, more bitter, and with less rubber/tar going on. Overall, i'd say it's about 80-90% the same, however it has a more direct and linear effect compared to the original. It also has less powder in the drydown. I really dig this version actually.....

everso

Banned
Mar 18, 2008
congratulations Brother!! thats some collection you have there!

btw, ever tempted to get hold of the 1 litre bottle of Knize ten :) ?

i am tempted to get the 1litre, however generally speaking i prefer smaller bottles.....and even the backup K10 bottles i have in my closet are smaller bottles than these 125ml bottles.

but hey....if i get the 1 liter, i'll have to get some fine wine glasses out, some ice, and pour that Knize Ten in a glass and drink it! ;)

dr.creed

Oct 3, 2004
From what I have encountered from your personality everso, Knize Ten is spot on not only for you, but for me also.
It's a leather I will always look up to.
That said, I couldn't bare your views on Royal English Leather.
Maybe slightly too much emotion involved? Play it cool, such as your music and it will get to you, believe me.

Cuir Ottoman is also much appreciated in the last days by myself, whereas Cuoio by Odori was just a big letdown. IMHO it falls just straight in terms of the notes I receive. The price tag makes it a no go for me, but I'm willing to learn and educate myself in regards that you please let me see what I can't see nor smell.

Last edited:

DustB

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 5, 2003
I don't think the Knize experience can be complete without making Vienna the next vacation destination so you can walk through the doors.

Once you do that I'll have something else you'll need to do to catch up to the Knize kids.

DustB

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 5, 2003
I sure wish Two, Sec, and Forest were easy to come by. Blast.

Last edited:

union1411

Dec 5, 2008
yeah i was kidding.

btw, does Knize Ten have birch tar? my bottle arrives in a couple of days (finally) - it's a blind buy. i was wondering because i tried Patchouli 24 the other day - which i believe has birch tar - and i couldn't wash that nasty fragrance off fast enough. so just curious what to expect.

Last edited:
E

eric

Nice!
From the two decants I tried, Forest and Knize10 , I think K10 was the best of the bunch and the most interesting one.
Forest was ok. (and ahem...I still prefer Green Irish Tweed)
Everso, what about the Knize 10 bath line, do you own some of it?. They have deo, bathfoam, shaving stuff etc.

Last edited:

everso

Banned
Mar 18, 2008
Everso, what about the Knize 10 bath line, do you own some of it?. They have deo, bathfoam, shaving stuff etc.

i've been meaning to get myself one of those 250ml Bath and Body Foams....i'm not really too into shaving these days (with my beard and my new electronic beard trimmer) so i haven't tried that.....i wouldn't mind trying the deodorant as well.

I do also have a Deodorant Spray of Knize Ten which is actually AMAZING. It's a very very light version of K10....almost like an EDC strength spray, which is very refreshing and not heavy at all! i don't use it like a deodorant...i use it more as a closet freshener and/or clothes freshener....it's brilliant

everso

Banned
Mar 18, 2008
yeah i was kidding.

btw, does Knize Ten have birch tar? my bottle arrives in a couple of days (finally) - it's a blind buy. i was wondering because i tried Patchouli 24 the other day - which i believe has birch tar - and i couldn't wash that nasty fragrance off fast enough. so just curious what to expect.

it does have birch tar....but nothing to a sickening amount. let me know what you think of it...if you wanna get rid of the bottle....i'm sure you'll easily find a buyer!

everso

Banned
Mar 18, 2008
I don't think the Knize experience can be complete without making Vienna the next vacation destination so you can walk through the doors.

Once you do that I'll have something else you'll need to do to catch up to the Knize kids.

it sucks because i was IN Vienna a couple years ago....but i was not into fragrances then. It saddens me to think that i might have walked right by the Knize shop there.....and probably didn't even blink an eye at it! It's all changed now though.....

everso

Banned
Mar 18, 2008
From what I have encountered from your personality everso, Knize Ten is spot on not only for you, but for me also.
It's a leather I will always look up to.
That said, I couldn't bare your views on Royal English Leather.
Maybe slightly too much emotion involved? Play it cool, such as your music and it will get to you, believe me.

Cuir Ottoman is also much appreciated in the last days by myself, whereas Cuoio by Odori was just a big letdown. IMHO it falls just straight in terms of the notes I receive. The price tag makes it a no go for me, but I'm willing to learn and educate myself in regards that you please let me see what I can't see nor smell.

god i LOVE odori cuoio! i've been dreading the day i run out of it, because it's so fookin expensive (i got a spectacular deal on my bottle...for half off).....but that stuff is just beautiful IMO! I love the smell of petrol, and Cuoio reminds me of a leather jacket dipped in petrol.......heaven! I've always appreciated and loved Cuir Ottoman----why i don't have a bottle, i have NO idea!

i've tried REL many times now, and i just can't really get around its scent......it just doesn't have that BOOM that i'm desiring in my leather scents.....but hey, if you appreciate it, then more power to yer man! You are called Dr. Creed for a reason...maybe you're seeing something i'm not.

Last edited:

odysseusm

Jan 12, 2007
SAY HELLO to the Knize Family!

knize forest, knize two, knize ten, knize ten golden edition, and knize sec.
picture.php

I have to say this is absolutely stunning! I feel like worshipping at this shrine! Props to you man, you've done it and it is great!

I think these will generate an amazing feng shui in your corner of the world.

Interesting -- my bottle of Forest has the old-style circular paste-on label.
CHEERS

everso

Banned
Mar 18, 2008
I have to say this is absolutely stunning! I feel like worshipping at this shrine! Props to you man, you've done it and it is great!

I think these will generate an amazing feng shui in your corner of the world.

Interesting -- my bottle of Forest has the old-style circular paste-on label.
CHEERS

thank you sir! it feels really great to have them all united......but above all of that, i'm SO impressed with the spectrum and quality of these scents. between the 4 main scents here (minus Golden Edition...which is a variant of Ten)....they cover the entire spectrum of fragrances. From leather to citrus to floral to musk.....i love em!

everso

Banned
Mar 18, 2008
What is Knize Sec like?

Sec is extraordinary IMO! What i've been thinking all afternoon is; HOW is it that a scent like Sec got so ignored......after Ten, i've heard people talk about Forest the most...and i've even read some stuff about Two----but very rarely anything about Sec.

my best description possible; imagine the smell of champagne, in a room with burning incense....with oranges on the table....sitting on a leather couch.

that's Sec and i really can't think of a better description than that! It is very modern.....and very very nice.

Last edited:

union1411

Dec 5, 2008
yaye K-10 was waiting for me tonight when i got home. been wearing it for about an hour now. definitely a unique leather smell. not quite what i expected. it's not like Tuscan Leather which smells more like a leather jacket. and nothing like Cuir Ottoman, Odori, Lonestar, and the rest of the crew. K10 smells like a different leather. maybe like freshly polished military boots worn in the 19th century or something (that's the image i get). not floored by it, but that's what the weekend is for: more wearings! :) if i still don't love it (i definitely don't hate it), it's yours for $50 (i paid $85 with shipping) if you want it.

Last edited:

everso

Banned
Mar 18, 2008
yaye K-10 was waiting for me tonight when i got home. been wearing it for about an hour now. definitely a unique leather smell. not quite what i expected. it's not like Tuscan Leather which smells more like a leather jacket. and nothing like Cuir Ottoman, Odori, Lonestar, and the rest of the crew. K10 smells like a different leather. maybe like freshly polished military boots worn in the 19th century or something (that's the image i get). not floored by it, but that's what the weekend is for: more wearings! :) if i still don't love it (i definitely don't hate it), it's yours for $50 (i paid $85 with shipping) if you want it.

deal. ;)

i think if you are liking it already on your first try....you're gonna like it even more after a few more wearings. this scent is a real grower.......it's not one of those scents that you smell for the first time and go "WOAH!"......at least it wasn't like that for me...or other people i've read experiences by.

keep me updated on what you think of it...i'm interested to know!

zztopp

Apr 2, 2006
Great!

However your fragrance journey can't end so soon..time to get started on building that 200 bottle Guerlain collection ..

everso

Banned
Mar 18, 2008
Great!

However your fragrance journey can't end so soon..time to get started on building that 200 bottle Guerlain collection ..

i'm pretty done for right now! there's not another single fragrance that i need a bottle of right now! My 'list' which i've been carrying around with me for the past few months......is completely checked off! :D

union1411

Dec 5, 2008
that was interesting. i'm sitting here on my computer not paying attention to the scent, and then this whiff of forest (or something greeny) and leather was like part of the air for a second and entered my nose. smelled natural and smooth and very unique. starting to slowly dig this. i think this might be one of those scents where i don't plant my nose in my wrist every 5 seconds but instead let that aura/halo just kinda hover around me. sounds trippy but how else am i gonna describe it

union1411

Dec 5, 2008
is that your hardwood floor? i like the really dark floors like that. my hardwood floor is more like the orangish type of wood, which i detest.

bbBD

Banned
May 21, 2008
As I posted elsewhere, I recently got samples of Sec and Two (and I have a sample of Forest). Ten is the king, but they're all very good. I'd probably get Two if it weren't so expensive... as far as florals go, it's one of the better that I've experienced.

everso

Banned
Mar 18, 2008
As I posted elsewhere, I recently got samples of Sec and Two (and I have a sample of Forest). Ten is the king, but they're all very good. I'd probably get Two if it weren't so expensive... as far as florals go, it's one of the better that I've experienced.

i'm wearing knize two today....and i'm in fookin HEAVEN.

it's so excellent....so classy, understated, and beautiful...i never thought i'd say that about a 'floral' scent....

Latest News