Just Jack perfumes - Tom Ford clones

Metollica

Jul 27, 2018
Hello fragrance community!

I have bought a bunch of Just Jacks (almost all of them actually). Here's what I think about them:

Oud Oak (Oud Wood clone) - Smells really great but have no longevity at all. Skin scent within one hour and almost gone on the 2nd hour mark. Real shame since this was the one fragrance out of the line that I had the biggest hopes for. But this is nothing else then a typical dissapointing clone that smells ok but lack any sort of performance. Worst one of the Just Jacks. Stay away from it.

Noir Endurance (Noir Extreme clone) - Smells great and performs decently. Not exactly similar to the original but you definately get a nice chocolaty gourmand vibe that isnt too far away from Noir Extreme. You get 1 1/2 hour projection and 5-6 hours longevity out of it and that is all good and well considering the price. Good buy.

Vetiver (Grey Vetiver clone) - Not as sophisticated as the original and not quiet as well smelling. But still a very good smelling vetiver fragrance on its own. Last 3-4 hours and projects rather poorly. I kind of like it after all, and I recommend it and use it myself as a casual summer fragrance just because of how good it smells. Shame performance isnt better tho, but the original lacks a bit in that department too so no big deal.

Moroccan Green (Bois Marocain clone) - One of my favourite Just Jacks. I have NOT smelled the original but this fragrance from Just Jack undoubtedly smells extremely nice. Green and herbalicious with the trademark darkness in the background that so many Tom Ford fragrances have. Performs ok (4-5 hours) and projects ok too, at least for the first 1 1/2 hours. I strongly recommend this one - excellent smelling fragrance and well worth the low price tag it comes with!

Italian Leather (Tuscan Leather clone) - I dont care so much for this one. Smells ok and pretty close to the original but is a bit too heavy on the raw leather note (on the expense of the raspberry note) to be really close. Performs solidly with 6-8 hours and good projection for first 2 hours. However I have Rasasi La Yuqawam in my collection and it simply smells better, richer, closer to the original and performs better, so I wont use this one much. Not a bad clone but surely not the best out there. Overall an ok clone tho and not in any way a waste of your money if you decide to buy it.

Pure Carbon (Noir Anthracite clone) - My favourite out of them all. Have NOT smelled the original. But the Just Jack one smells extremely nice with all that ashe and darkness going on. A special fragrance for special occasions for sure. Performs ok with 4-6 hours longevity but sadly rather poor projection. I dont mind it tho - this fragrance is for my own enjoyment mostly :) I strongly recommend this one - you seldom find fragrances that smells this good for this kind of money. It's a steal and a no brainer instant buy recommendation from me!

Tobacco Leaf (Tobacco Vanille clone) - I actually have the original and the Just Jack is just ok regarding similarity. The difference is that Just Jack is a bit short on the vanilla note. The vanilla is such a big player in the original so you cannot call this an exact clone in any way. But still a great smelling fragrance on it's own. And the perfomance is stellar on this one! Last like what feels forever (at least 8+ hours) but the projection is only moderate and lasts for 3-4 hours and then close to skin. But overall a very good fragrance as long as you dont expect an exact copy of Tobacco Vanille. Recommended!

Simply Blanc (Soleil Blanc clone) - My biggest positive surprise of them all. I didnt expect much from this one, but how wrong I was! Smells extremely close to the original and performs about as good too (Soleil Blanc is not the best perfomer however). As far as clones goes you cant make them much better than this I think. You pretty much get Soleil Blanc (the edp, not the eau soleil edt) but at a much cheaper price point. And I love Soleil Blanc so much (it breaks off so nicely from all the usual Tom Ford darkness) so I am extra happy I found this one. Now I can save my Tom Ford bottle for special occasions and use this one casually. Well done Just Jack!

Neroli (Neroli Portofino clone) - I dont care much for neroli fragrances in general and this is no exception. I have smelled the original once and didnt like it much. From what I recall this smells pretty similar to Neroli Portofino tho. But it have a very sour thing going on in the background that I dont remember from the original. And I dont like that sour vibe at all here! Perfomance is pretty mediocre just like the original, but you generally cant expect neroli fragrances to last too long so its no disaster. If you really love neroli its an ok buy, otherwise you can safely pass on this one without having to loose any sleep over it.

Italian Leather All time Classic (I guess another Tuscan Leather interpretation) - Smells much more like Tuscan Leather then the other Italian Leather clone from the house. Here the raspberry is clearly present alongside the raw leather. Very close to my Rasasi clone in terms of smell. However the perfomance is sadly rather bad. Gone in 2-3 hours. None of the Just Jack Tuscan Leather clones are actually bad, it's just that neither of them are up to the standard of my Rasasi clone, so I will probably not use them much because of that fact alone. I guess you can use this one as a sort of sample of Tuscan Leather if you have never smelled it and want to do so. But as stated previously, the smell is pretty much spot on, but the performance is no way near the original. This one is a pass for me - buy Rasasi La Yuqawam instead and get both the smell and performance. It's a little bit more expensive then Just Jack but well worth it imo!

Homme Noir (Tom Ford Noir clone) - Very good clone. Smells almost identical to the original and performs pretty good too. 5-6 hours is what you get out of it. None of the Just Jacks are strong on projection (the price you pay for having cheap ingredients maybe?) but this one is actually pretty decent for beeing a Just Jack after all. Moderate projection, for about 2-3 hours. I really adore the original Noir tho, and since this smells very close and performs ok too, my verdict is that this is an excellent clone for the price you pay. Must buy recommendation!

That's all folks!

I bought Wild Orchid and Orchid Noir to my gf as well, but I havent tested them out myself just yet. I might get back later with a review on those as well.

But to summarize it all: Simply Blanc, Pure Carbon, Maroccan Green, Noir Homme and Tobacco Leaf are the best ones (in that order) in my opinion and must buy recommendations from me.
Italian Leather (both of them), Vetiver and Noir Endurance are just ok fragrances, but pretty good as far as clones goes and considering the cheap price they are well worth picking up.
Neroli and Oud Oak are pretty bad and you can definately live without those!

Cheers!

Neil4Speed

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 14, 2006
Apart from the savings you make (which is fair enough), I find it hard to understand why Basenoters would bother wearing them? It's like a wine connoisseur drinking some dirt cheap piece of rubbish because it tastes a bit like a very classy but more expensive wine.

It's like a wine connoisseur drinking some dirt cheap piece of excellence because it tastes very close to a very classy but more expensive wine.

Metollica - great contribution, thank you very much! I am getting Simply Blanc shipped today.

hdbox

Basenotes Member
Mar 7, 2020
Yesterday I received Tobacco Leaf which is a copy of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. I admit that I did not expect anything special, but I was very pleasantly surprised. Tobacco Leaf is extremely close to the original, (I have almost a whole bottle of the original) if the aroma is in the air, it is very difficult to distinguish. Longevity is good, about 10 hours on my skin, the projection is strong in the first 2 hours, then becomes moderate for another 2 hours. Given what the price is, it's worth every penny.

Andy the frenchy

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 16, 2018
Has anyone tested Morrocan Green?

Moroccan Green (Bois Marocain clone) - One of my favourite Just Jacks. I have NOT smelled the original but this fragrance from Just Jack undoubtedly smells extremely nice. Green and herbalicious with the trademark darkness in the background that so many Tom Ford fragrances have. Performs ok (4-5 hours) and projects ok too, at least for the first 1 1/2 hours. I strongly recommend this one - excellent smelling fragrance and well worth the low price tag it comes with!

Made me trip b*lls

I blind bought it and can't agree more with both of you! Not a huge performer on my skin (I wear it at home), but still, probably one of my most successful blind buys ever.

DEMON

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2010
Hope so. I got really interested until I saw no sites here carry them. They look like blatant Tom Ford rip offs, and if a BN'er says they smell good, then that alone has my attention.

If only there was a cheapy Tobacco Vanille clone that I could find in America, that actually smells like Tobacco Vanille. That would be fantastic.
LPDO Vanille Persuasive. it opens with a nice blast of cloves and dried fruit, and in 20 minutes it is pure tobacco vanille. Incredible longevity, and decent projection. I can still smell it the next morning.

$80 us, with additional bottles being $40. 3.3 Oz.

I realize it's not a $20 bottle, but the Tom Ford stuff is like 260. If I'm doing my math correctly, you can get five bottles of this for the price of one bottle of Tom Ford.

I picked it up at the outlet mall at fragrance outlet. Pretty sure it's exclusive to them, and pretty much the only good value they have in those stores LOL

Andy the frenchy

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 16, 2018
Hope so. I got really interested until I saw no sites here carry them. They look like blatant Tom Ford rip offs, and if a BN'er says they smell good, then that alone has my attention.

If only there was a cheapy Tobacco Vanille clone that I could find in America, that actually smells like Tobacco Vanille. That would be fantastic.

I tried Moroccan Green, it smells damn good.
Their Tobacco Vanille clone (Tobacco Leaf) doesn;t seem very good though, for what I've seen/read. I suggest you try Al Haramain Amber Oud Tobacco Edition, quite close imo, with better projection.

Emanuel76

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 16, 2018
Their Tobacco Vanille clone (Tobacco Leaf) doesn;t seem very good though, for what I've seen/read. I suggest you try Al Haramain Amber Oud Tobacco Edition, quite close imo, with better projection.
It's close and it has strong performances. So, it's very good.
Anyway, why do you care? You don't like Tobacco Vanille. :tongue:

Emanuel76

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 16, 2018
Simply Blanc (Soleil Blanc clone) - My biggest positive surprise of them all. I didnt expect much from this one, but how wrong I was! Smells extremely close to the original and performs about as good too (Soleil Blanc is not the best perfomer however). As far as clones goes you cant make them much better than this I think. You pretty much get Soleil Blanc (the edp, not the eau soleil edt) but at a much cheaper price point. And I love Soleil Blanc so much (it breaks off so nicely from all the usual Tom Ford darkness) so I am extra happy I found this one. Now I can save my Tom Ford bottle for special occasions and use this one casually. Well done Just Jack!
I gave to an acquaintance on various occasions Just Jack Tobacco Leaf and Ard Al Zaafaran Oud 24 Hours - a very good Black Orchid clone.
Tobacco Leaf didn't like it because is too sweet. But the husband liked it very much.
Ard Al Zaafaran Oud 24 Hours liked it so much that she call me 3 times specially to tell me how much she likes it. She was so happy!

I just bought Just Jack Simply Blanc for her - 19$ delivery included.
I'll test it, because I'm curious. :tongue:

Nice bottle!

just-jack-simply-blanc-eau-de-parfum-unisex_.jpg

Emanuel76

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 16, 2018
Just Jack Simply Blanc (a Tom Ford Soleil Blanc clone)

Top: pepper, cardamom, ylang-ylang, bergamot;
Heart: jasmine, tuberose;
Base: benzoin, amber.

White chocolate (powdery), white flowers, some cedarwood and clean musk. A coconut vibe from time to time.
Sweet from benzoin, but not really a gourmand, because of the mildly bitterness of flowers and wood.
Very nice!

The bottle is different, it's not the one I expected. If I had time, I'd send the package back. The other one looks much better. This bottle is bulky, on the hefty side.
Anyway, it's well finished, except for the flatness of the bottom - it "dances" a little bit, it's not perfectly stable.

I'm sure she'll like it.

simply-blanc.jpg

Last edited:

Emanuel76

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 16, 2018
Just Jack Simply Blanc (a Tom Ford White Patchouli clone)
My bad. It's a Tom Ford Soleil Blanc clone.
Blanc (from Simply Blanc) is white in french. And I only knew about White Patchouli. Hence the confusion. I corrected it.
I'm not really familiar with Tom Ford's feminine fragrances.

It seemed strange that there was no patchouli in the pyramid.
So chocolate is musk, benzoin and some coconut, with no patchouli.

It's simple, but extremely pleasant.
The dry down is smooth - wood with a pale sweetness from benzoin. It's not sweet how the pyramid would suggest (benzoin, amber).
Very good performances - projection and longevity.
I also recommend it. :thumbsup:

ngarcia

Oct 22, 2020
I received some days ago Just Jack Simply Blanc (clon of Tom Ford Soleil Blanc), I uploaded a review to Basenotes, I don't know how long it will take to appear in the web page (I'm new to basenotes). Short version: Beautiful bottle, quality notes, no alcoholic, close to the original, summer, bad longevity, recommended for the price as personal pleasure.

Andy the frenchy

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 16, 2018
Today I received

Just Jack - London Eye (inspired by TF London).

The early opening will have some citrus, cardamom, pepper and coriander stop-by quickly. Shortly after, it morphs into a stunning spicy combination (mostly cumin and saffron) with an fecal facet. The heart will develop a noticeable incensy labdanum note (even if soft). The base is all about an animalic musk and saffron-y wood, giving a great impression of oud, in the same manner as Guerlain - Bois Mysterieux.
Performance is often the weakness of affordable fragrances, and this one is no exception, with a soft projection. That said, its democratic price point will allow for overspraying, and thus to reach a longevity of 3-4 hours max.

I have never smelt the original London by Tom Ford, but what I smell seems to be in line with the numerous reviews and the pyramid of the original. Anyways, even if I'm unable to compare it to the original, it has little importance, because it's a great fragrance taken on its own, that will get ****/* (missing the 5th star because of its sadly low perfromance - but I understood that the original is not a beast either, so...).

Until now, with this one and Moroccan Green, it's a 2/2 win for me. Just Jack? No... just wow!

Andy the frenchy

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 16, 2018
I've tried their Noir Extreme clone (it's alright; a bit clumsy but the drydown is nice) and their Soleil Blanc clone (which I prefer to Soleil Blanc because it has a more accurate sunscreen accord).

Thanks for your thoughts. Your opinions on the NE clone and SB clone seems to be in line with Metollica's review. Apparently the SB clone seems to be a banger!

From my side, I tried Vetiver (clone of Grey Vetiver.... no, really? lol), and I was not impressed. It's close to the EDT, but the performance is poor (but afterall so is the 'original') and while the scent profile is close, it's a bit "flat", 2-dimensional, misses a bit the sparkling freshness. Still, with that house it's still a 66% blind buy success, thanks to the other 2 I own: Moroccan Green and London Eye.

Does anyone have experience with Santal Bloom? (the clone of Santal Blush)

Last edited:

The_Cologneist

Basenotes Institution
Feb 27, 2010
Recently got a good deal on Tobacco Leaf. Very long lasting fragrance. Opening much heavier on tobacco than Tobacco Vanille.. overall i don't get much vanilla from this one at all. The dry down gets more sweet, but it's not like Tobacco Vanille, it's more ambery. It's still a very good fragrance for the money, performance is out of this world.. lasted well over 24 hours on me. I didn't get an exact time, but it around a day and a half.

Oct 18, 2019
Do anyone know what are the 3 new ones cloning?

- Just Oud
- Mystery
- Black Tuxedo

Also another few I just spotted, but have no idea what these are cloning:

- The Dark
- Fabulous (not Fanta Fab)
- London Eye (TF London?)
‘Just Oud’, I think is a clone of Dior Oud Ispahan
‘Mystery’ is a clone of Lancôme Oud bouquet
‘Black tuxedo’ is a clone of Arabian Oud Madawi
‘The dark’ is a clone of John varvatos dark rebel
‘London eye’ is a clone of Tomford London

Andy the frenchy

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 16, 2018
‘Just Oud’, I think is a clone of Dior Oud Ispahan
‘Mystery’ is a clone of Lancôme Oud bouquet
‘Black tuxedo’ is a clone of Arabian Oud Madawi
‘The dark’ is a clone of John varvatos dark rebel
‘London eye’ is a clone of Tomford London
I now own London Eye, and yes I confirm it's a clone of TF London (haven;t smelt the original, but on its own it's really a great frag)

Thanks for the precious info on the other ones, I appreciate.
We now have just one left to identify (Fabulous)...

Dec 11, 2021
I bought a bottle of Tobacco Leaf a while ago and I've had every chance of trying it out, so here are my impressions:

it doesn't smell like Tobacco Vanille, there's just about as much vanilla but it's more powdery, a bit less sweet, and there's close to no tobacco, in which place there's warm kitchen spice, mainly cinnamon, with the spice fading with time and leaving proportionally more and more vanilla, which make it smell more like TV but still not quite.
Performances are decent, some 60 to 90min of good projection and some 8-9h of longevity in total.
It's a good holiday scent for the price, certainly usable in other, still cold times of the year, but sadly it's not a good clone, and given my experience I can't imagine why so many people said it's a good clone.

Together with it I got myself a bottle of Jenny Glow Oak and Hazelnut (same company as Just Jack), the reported notes on the seller's website would seem like it's definitely a replica of English Oak and Hazelnut, though it smells so different from the original that I sent an e-mail to the reseller asking whether there might have been a mishap at some point.

It's a soft, green and a tiny bit sweet, notes of lime leaf (or less intense and sour lime peel), sage, a bit of rosemary, then the lime and sage subside a bit and flowers come up, I couldn't tell you which because I know shit about flowers, a tiny bit of lavender maybe, and then it stays pretty much the same.
The lime leaf is pretty realistic, the sage not so much, the rosemary is definitely realistic, the flowers so and so, still more than soapy, low quality green fragrances like n.19.
Performance is fairly good, 90-120min of good projection and at least 4 more hours of a soft skin scent leaving a bit of a trail, I still have it on me and can still smell it clearly enough even without putting my nose close to my wrist, and this was only one spray.

It smells dangerously close to the reported notes of Lime and Basil, their clone of Lime Basil and Mandarin, so as unlikely as it may be I'm starting to think that someone may have filled my bottle with the wrong fragrance, it certainly isn't likely but it seems strange to me that they would be able to produce a decent quality frag such as this without being able to make it smell in any way similar to the frag it's supposed to be a clone of.

Sep 16, 2021
Hello everone :) I have a question, because of these Just Jack fragrances. Just Jack "wild orchid" seems is inspired by Tom Ford Balck Orchid, that's what I understood. But what is Just Jack "orchid noir" ?

Andy the frenchy

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 16, 2018
Hello everone :) I have a question, because of these Just Jack fragrances. Just Jack "wild orchid" seems is inspired by Tom Ford Balck Orchid, that's what I understood. But what is Just Jack "orchid noir" ?
It is my understanding that
JJ Orchid Noir is inspired from TF Black Orchid
JJ Wild orchid is inspired from TF Velvet Orchid

The notes are very similar from one to the its respective other.

Sep 16, 2021
It is my understanding that
JJ Orchid Noir is inspired from TF Black Orchid
JJ Wild orchid is inspired from TF Velvet Orchid

The notes are very similar from one to the its respective other.
thanks mate. so I will order a bottle of JJ Black Orchid, in order to find out what the original smells like.

Latest News