Just Jack perfumes - Tom Ford clones

Emanuel76

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 16, 2018
Happy new year, basenoters! :birthdays:

Accidentally stumbled upon Just Jack perfumes at NOTINO. Caught my attention Just Jack Tobacco Leaf.
Excellent presentation for under 20$ perfumes (100ml/3.3oz bottle) - nice box, nice looking bottles (except that cheap and kitschy stone from the top of the cap).

I didn't find in-depth reviews, but from the few "first impressions" YT videos it follows that are good, succesfully clone the Tom Ford perfumes.
If you have the opportunity to try them, please share your opinion.

Just Jack Tobacco Leaf -> Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
Just Jack Italian Leather -> Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
Just Jack Wild Orchid -> Tom Ford Black Orchid
Just Jack Vetiver -> Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
Just Jack Homme Noir -> Tom Ford Noir for Men
Just Jack Black is Black -> Tom Ford Noir de Noir
Just Jack Lady Noir -> Tom Ford Noir pour Femme
Just Jack Noir Endurance -> Tom Ford Noir Extreme
Just Jack Neroli -> Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
Just Jack Oud Oak -> Tom Ford Oud Wood
Just Jack Patchouli -> Tom Ford White Patchouli
Just Jack Pure Carbon -> Tom Ford Anthracite
Just Jack Simply Blanc -> Tom Ford Soleil Blanc
Just Jack Moroccan Green -> Tom Ford Bois Marocain

Orchid_Noir_450x.jpg

just-jack-black-is-black-eau-de-parfum-unisex_.jpg

just-jack-oud-oak-eau-de-parfum-pentru-barbati_.jpg

Last edited:

notspendingamillion

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 2, 2018
Huh. Interesting concept if it is a blatant parallel clone company specifically cloning Tom Fords. Information seems scant. The only clue seems to be that someone mentions Sterling Perfume, who are the parent company behind Armaf. If that is true, then they would be an established clone company, and their stuff would be of comparable nature.

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Nice packaging & presentation. Would have made a nice Christmas stocking filler. Can’t say the same about the name though. Just lame...

Derbyman

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 26, 2010
Happy New Year to you too Emanuel. These fragrances seem to be from a company in Ireland and they have a female marketed range too called Jenny Glow. They have a Facebook page with seemingly positive reviews. I'm not a huge clone fan but would be interested to hear how people find these. They're certainly inexpensive and well presented for the price. Wondering what they smell like and if the longevity is any good.

Dane

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 9, 2002
Happy New Year to you too Emanuel. These fragrances seem to be from a company in Ireland and they have a female marketed range too called Jenny Glow. They have a Facebook page with seemingly positive reviews. I'm not a huge clone fan but would be interested to hear how people find these. They're certainly inexpensive and well presented for the price. Wondering what they smell like and if the longevity is any good.

Jlo won't be happy about this.

Emanuel76

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 16, 2018
Just Jack Tobacco Leaf -> Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
Just Jack Italian Leather -> Tom Ford Tuscan Leather
Just Jack Wild Orchid -> Tom Ford Black Orchid
Just Jack Vetiver -> Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
Just Jack Homme Noir -> Tom Ford Noir for Men
Just Jack Black is Black -> Tom Ford Noir de Noir
Just Jack Lady Noir -> Tom Ford Noir pour Femme
Just Jack Noir Endurance -> Tom Ford Noir Extreme
Just Jack Neroli -> Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
Just Jack Oud Oak -> Tom Ford Oud Wood
Just Jack Patchouli -> Tom Ford White Patchouli
Just Jack Pure Carbon -> Tom Ford Anthracite
Just Jack Simply Blanc -> Tom Ford Soleil Blanc
Just Jack Moroccan Green -> Tom Ford Bois Marocain

it's a race to the bottom
Is nothing sacred these days. :grin:

Happy New Year to you too Emanuel. These fragrances seem to be from a company in Ireland and they have a female marketed range too called Jenny Glow.
Jenny Glow are clones of Jo Malone from what i have seen.
Jenny Glow's bottles are also looking very good for this price range.
7$/30ml (1oz)

Maybe I'll "sample" (buy 30 ml bottles) these:
Jenny Glow Velvet & Oud - Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud
Jenny Glow Sandalwood - Jo Malone Orris & Sandalwood
Jenny Glow Bergamot - Jo Malone Oud Bergamot

6294015106596_01-o.jpg

Happy New Year to you too Emanuel
They have a Facebook page with seemingly positive reviews. I'm not a huge clone fan but would be interested to hear how people find these. They're certainly inexpensive and well presented for the price. Wondering what they smell like and if the longevity is any good.
I was also very disappointed about clones. From 50 samples of arabian perfumes - mostly cheap perfumes, I didn't like anything at all.
Encouraged by the discovery of some very good and cheap ouds (Al Haramain Oud 36 Nuit (awesome), Bogart One Man Show Oud Edition and Frank Olivier Oud Touch) I tried to find more.

Later edit:
On second thought, maybe they were good clones, but I didn't like the smell. I didn't know all the originals.
One of them (probably a Lattafa) was very very close to an expensive perfume that I tested later in a fragrance store. I can't remember which one it was. Anyway, I didn't like it.

I'll share my opinion after Tobacco Leaf will arrive.

Last edited:

Emanuel76

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 16, 2018
Just Jack Tobacco Leaf (Tobacco Vanille clone)

Arrived yesterday.
The box is nicer than it looks in the pictures. Inside the box there is a transparent plastic panel. A grey or white cardboard would have been nicer.
The bottle looks good, it's heavy, the cap have a tide fit, the golden badge (not white like in pictures) have a good finish. The bottom of the glass is not perfectly flat, it "dances" on flat surfaces. The sparyer is good.

Longevity 11 hours. After that I went to bed. In the morning (17 hours) still felt some sweet vanilla on my wrist.
Very strong projection for 2 hours, then decent projection for another 2 hours.

Today I compared them side by side (Tobacco Leaf vs Tobacco Vanille).
In Tobacco Leaf the pissy (cumin?) tobacco note it's amped a little bit and have more honey. The fruity note is missing. In the opening is very similar to Al Haramain Tobacco Blend - also a clone of Tobacco Vanille. I can't remember how Al Haramain evolves any further. I have to compare them side by side.
The dry down is very nice, but with less tonka and still no fruits. After 5 hours Tobacco Vanille is a bit stronger.

I preffer Tobacco Vanille, but Tobacco Leaf is nice, close, whith very good performances and it's much much cheaper.
I doubt anyone could tell them apart in the air.
20$ vs 300$

If someone buys Just Jack Oud Oak (Tom Ford Oud Wood clone), please share your opinion.

rikky

Nov 23, 2018
The Neroli Portofino clone is probably the best I have sampled. Very natural and performance is on par with the original. Also one of the few to capture the creamy aspect of the original.

I also had the Grey Vetiver clone with I didn't like as it gave off a plastic smelling vibe to me - haven't sampled the original but I know Vetiver fragrances can be hit or miss to my nose.

Emanuel76

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 16, 2018
I forgot about this topic.

but Tobacco Leaf is nice, close, whith very good performances and it's much much cheaper.
That's an understatement.
Oh my God! It's awfully strong. I was traumatized for a week. :laugh:
On cloth it's forever. Two weeks later the jacket smelled like I was applying the perfume right then.

A very very good and affordable clone of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille, with strong performances.

Now I'm curious about Just Jack Oud Oak (Tom Ford Oud Wood), but it's gone from Notino, so I asked for it.

small_just-jack-oud-oak-parfumovana-voda-pre-m.jpg

Last edited:

tso

Feb 19, 2020
Out of curiousity, I ordered a batch of 50ml bottles.

Overall the quality is excellent considering the prices. Longevity on each one I've tried is much better than I expected:
Just Jack Noir Homme: 10 hours (at this point I took a shower), 2 hours heavy projection, 2-3 hours average projection.
Just Jack Oak Oud: 12 hours (and showered again), 2 hours heavy projection, 3-4 hours average projection.
Just Jack Italian Leather: 12 hours (and shower), 2 hours heavy projection, 2-3 hours average projection.
Just Jack Simply Blanc: 5-6 hours, 1 hour above average projection, 1-2 hours average projection.
Just Jack Vetiver: 7-8 hours, 1 hour above average projection, 2 hours average projection.

As for the clones they are, they're as good as clones get. Closest to the original from any such clones I've ever tried.

Presentation is ok for the price, the 50ml bottles actually look really good ... at a distance. The cap and sprayer collar are cheap plastic, especially the collar (though it is hidden under cap). The graphics and fonts look great, but are just a printed sticker. The stickers are a bit off center on every bottle, so if you want to line them up in your collection they will look odd.

I might do individual reviews and comparisons when I have the time.

Emanuel76

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 16, 2018
Just Jack Oak Oud: 12 hours (and showered again), 2 hours heavy projection, 3-4 hours average projection.

I might do individual reviews and comparisons when I have the time.
Just one short phrase for this one, please. I'm very curious.

More than half of this forum resides in the US, so these frags are of no value to us, since no stores in the US carry them.
Well, no problem. Maybe it has value for the others (less than half).

The_Cologneist

Basenotes Institution
Feb 27, 2010
Well, no problem. Maybe it has value for the others (less than half).

Hope so. I got really interested until I saw no sites here carry them. They look like blatant Tom Ford rip offs, and if a BN'er says they smell good, then that alone has my attention.

If only there was a cheapy Tobacco Vanille clone that I could find in America, that actually smells like Tobacco Vanille. That would be fantastic.

The_Cologneist

Basenotes Institution
Feb 27, 2010
For those of us in Canada (and shipping to the US), Fragrancebuy.ca now carries a few of these for $35 CAD. They're listed under Armaf.

Tempting, but the idea of spending near twice what the OP is spending is a deterrent. I'll wait and see if others have tried more stuff and throw their opinions up here, and then perhaps consider a purchase. Thanks for the info though. Fragbuy.ca isn't a searchable store via Google shopping to the best of my knowledge, so I would have never found it.

I found an Ebay seller selling it, but doesn't ship to US.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BEST-Just-Jack-Tobacco-Leaf-EDP-50ml-Unisex-/202606910234

The bottle looks different though, and the price is under $15 shipped.

Emanuel76

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 16, 2018
I found an Ebay seller selling it, but doesn't ship to US.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BEST-Just-Jack-Tobacco-Leaf-EDP-50ml-Unisex-/202606910234

The bottle looks different though, and the price is under $15 shipped.
This is the 50 ml bottle.
Here is 9$.

They (Notino) don't have big bottle (100 ml) of Just Jack Oud Oak (TF Oud Wood) anymore, otherwise I would have bought it.
50 ml it would be more than enough, but I don't like how the small bottle looks.
I'll wait.

Diamond Joe

Basenotes Dependent
Feb 5, 2019
Not a fan of clones either.

and what I REALLY hate is when people - and I've seen people write this in reviews - are complimented on their (clone) fragrance, and claim to be wearing the real fragrance.

(I.e. CDNIM "oh you smell good, what are you wearing" "gee thanks, its, uh, Aventus" :angry:

jeremyn

Oct 21, 2010
I just got a bottle of Pure Carbon today. I'm wearing it side by side with Noir Anthracite, and my first time impression is that it's mostly spot on. Perhaps not as ashy, but it's a minute difference. Performs similarly too (strongly for about an hour, then sits closer to the skin). I don't know about longevity overall yet, but if I get smell it in another 4 or 5 hours then I won't replenish the original.
I haven't really been impressed with most of the Armafs which I've tried, so this was definitely a pleasant surprise. I'll probably check out some others in the line.
I was also happy with Fragrancebuy.ca's service. Shipping took just 2 days.

EDIT: Performance is basically the same. I got 10ish hours out of it.

Last edited:

Ifti

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 5, 2016
I just got a bottle of Pure Carbon today. I'm wearing it side by side with Noir Anthracite, and my first time impression is that it's mostly spot on. Perhaps not as ashy, but it's a minute difference. Performs similarly too (strongly for about an hour, then sits closer to the skin). I don't know about longevity overall yet, but if I get smell it in another 4 or 5 hours then I won't replenish the original.
I haven't really been impressed with most of the Armafs which I've tried, so this was definitely a pleasant surprise. I'll probably check out some others in the line.
I was also happy with Fragrancebuy.ca's service. Shipping took just 2 days.

EDIT: Performance is basically the same. I got 10ish hours out of it.
That's good to know! Of all of these Carbon is the one I may give in to having a blind buy!

Kaern

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 2, 2008
I don't care for 'em either.

It's not important that you are cheating those around you (they won't know) -- but you are cheating yourself.

Apart from the savings you make (which is fair enough), I find it hard to understand why Basenoters would bother wearing them? It's like a wine connoisseur drinking some dirt cheap piece of rubbish because it tastes a bit like a very classy but more expensive wine.

Emanuel76

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 16, 2018
I don't care for 'em either.

It's not important that you are cheating those around you (they won't know) -- but you are cheating yourself.

Apart from the savings you make (which is fair enough), I find it hard to understand why Basenoters would bother wearing them? It's like a wine connoisseur drinking some dirt cheap piece of rubbish because it tastes a bit like a very classy but more expensive wine.
Neither do I, anymore.

But I don't mind at all if others are using cheap clones.

This is how it started:
Encouraged by the discovery of some very good and cheap ouds (Al Haramain Oud 36 Nuit (awesome), Bogart One Man Show Oud Edition and Frank Olivier Oud Touch) I tried to find more.

Al Haramain Oud 36 Nuit is indeed a very good one - a nice dark oud-rose. Not yet in the directory here.
I don't know exactly if it's a clone or not.

Last edited:

DEMON

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 8, 2010
Hope so. I got really interested until I saw no sites here carry them. They look like blatant Tom Ford rip offs, and if a BN'er says they smell good, then that alone has my attention.

If only there was a cheapy Tobacco Vanille clone that I could find in America, that actually smells like Tobacco Vanille. That would be fantastic.

I just sent you basically the same reply that I posted here already so LOL

Last edited:

Latest News