Jules or Antaeus ?

Sep 11, 2021
In the vintage version, each has its own distinctive style but they are all extremely rich, like a smelly symphony. Plus they all have a dark green leathery vibe. But as far as personal favorite is concerned, I go with Derby and Jules.

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
Antaeus for the opening, Derby for the base, and Jules for a bit of both, so maybe Jules overall. Hard to say, though. I've worn Antaeus the most of the three, so maybe Antaeus.

nosey74

Aug 30, 2014
My vote is for Antaeus though I haven't smelled the original vintage Jules only the 2016 re-release

I haven't smelled Derby in quite a while so if anyone wants to sell me some send me a PM :)

mrcologneguy

Jan 2, 2009
1. Derby
2. Jules
3. Antaeus

I find Derby and Jules much more wearable. Antaeus is good stuff, well-blended, high quality, legendary. But I tire of it quickly, and it wears on for hours. Derby and Jules are far more versatile and attractive.

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Jules for me though I admit Antaeus has the better drydown. For some reason Derby never clicks for me. It’s polished but I’m just not feeling it…

Monsieur Montana

Jan 14, 2015
Between the two in vintage form I would choose Antaeus because Jules is way too „heavy“ to be worn.
I find the modern Jules version much more wearable than it’s vintage formulation and I am not satisfied with modern Antaeus. In terms of modern formulation Jules would be my option.
Derby it’s much more sophisticated than the other two “masculine perfume bombs” .
Choosing between all of them is tricky and depends on the situation.
If you tend to go out on a date with a lady vintage Antaeus would be your secret weapon.
For a formal event Derby.
Modern Jules for daily use but without overspraying.

Latest News