January Scent Projects

Dr B1414

Basenotes Junkie
Oct 21, 2019
Anyone here win the drawing for a bottle of Black Walnut?
I did. Second in a row after Bloodline. So happy. I was blown away with everything that John has created so far. When I saw the name and the inspiration behind the perfume I was sold. When I saw that John was the nose behind it, even more so. Walnuts are quite nostalgic to me in terms of both smell and taste. Here in Eastern Europe we had them in abundance since early childhood. So, I guess I can say that it is a scent that has deep roots into my childhood.

Jono@Folkwinds

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 30, 2019
Black Walnut arrived!

On first spray it’s certainly interesting. I love the way this perfume explores the experience of something that in its self, doesn’t necessarily have a smell. I get a caramelized note up top, as if immortelle and labdanum were put through a lens of buttered popcorn. Something underneath that line is bitter/inedible. After that first wave, the cashmeran is coming in strong/hard for me.

Honesty this is very well composed and interesting, but just not for me (I have a sensitivity to cashmeran).

EDIT: Bottle is going to Pstoller, can’t wait to hear his thoughts.

Last edited:

johngreenink

Basenotes Member
Oct 10, 2011
Hi folks - just popping into this thread to mention that I'm releasing a limited edition fragrance in about 2 weeks, Gümüş - there will be approximately 50 bottles available. There is more info on this blog post, and I've worked with Ukrainian video artist Taras Merenkov to make a promotional film (I wrote and performed the music). Thanks as always for your interest and support.

Aug 26, 2022
Hi folks - just popping into this thread to mention that I'm releasing a limited edition fragrance in about 2 weeks, Gümüş - there will be approximately 50 bottles available. There is more info on this blog post, and I've worked with Ukrainian video artist Taras Merenkov to make a promotional film (I wrote and performed the music). Thanks as always for your interest and support.

Hey John! Will this display a powdery vintage amber accord or will it be something heavier and more eastern in nature?

Proust_Madeleine

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 5, 2019
Hi Sacred Saguaro! - Great question! It's a bit vintage-y, very amber-y, and dries down to a smoky vanilla. I'm going to make samples available in about 2-3 days so people can find out if it's for them :)
Exciting thank you John! I’ve been scouring the second hand market to find a bottle of Attaupe and NO ONE is selling. A testament to how beloved it is! You’ve been absolutely slaying it. Excited for more!

Mak-7

Basenotes Dependent
Sep 19, 2019
Definitely, a milky rose colored sibling with a leathery ambery undercarriage.

Just to clarify, they’re quite different after the initial antique bergamot in the top. Just both have this rich syrupy luxurious quality. And they’re both fantastic.
Thank you.
Even though i dont know how Attaupe smells, but beautiful rose always pique my interest.
Hopefully i could get a chance on it.

Jul 4, 2014
is this a sharp rose?

Is this a big amber like say ambre sultan/ ambre russie
Definitely not sharp, smooth slightly jammy rose to my nose, almost honeyed.

I wouldn’t call it a big austere amber like those but a cozy, softly animal amber like Bengal Rouge with a more chypre vibe going on. I’m wearing it again today and it’s niiiiice, fun one to get to know, it seems to evolve a ton.

Paddington

Marmalade Sandwich Eater
Basenotes Plus
Jun 17, 2021
Definitely not sharp, smooth slightly jammy rose to my nose, almost honeyed.

I wouldn’t call it a big austere amber like those but a cozy, softly animal amber like Bengal Rouge with a more chypre vibe going on. I’m wearing it again today and it’s niiiiice, fun one to get to know, it seems to evolve a ton.
nice good to hear , i hate sharp rose and find those two ambers i mentioned absolutely disgusting

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...