It's "Diptyque", not "Diptych"

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
Perhaps there was a glitch? The spelling looks correct to me now.

Your reply made me think I could have been hallucinating... but nope, when I click on the Giacobetti link above, I still get "Diptych" in all captions on those bottles. And yes, I did clear my cache and refresh the page.

It gets stranger: on Fabrice Pellegrin's page, the Diptyque references are also misspelled, BUT -- on Daniel Moliere's page they are not!

Pellegrin: https://www.basenotes.net/person/268

Moliere: https://www.basenotes.net/person/232

Maybe I'll PM a couple of people and see if they can see it too.

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
I'm not seeing the error either.

Forgive me for sounding pedantic, but could it be that you have your browser (Google Chrome, MS Edge, Firefox, etc) set to translate the page automatically for you? What happens if you go to the official Diptyque website? Are the name changed there as well?

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019
I just checked, and the translate setting in Chrome does exactly that: change “Diptyque” to “Diptych.” So, that’s probably it.

Cook.bot

Common Lackey
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
I'm not seeing the error either.
Forgive me for sounding pedantic, but could it be that you have your browser (Google Chrome, MS Edge, Firefox, etc) set to translate the page automatically for you? What happens if you go to the official Diptyque website? Are the name changed there as well?

I just checked, and the translate setting in Chrome does exactly that: change “Diptyque” to “Diptych.” So, that’s probably it.

Another mystery solved by Detective Inspectors Rum and Stoller!

I viewed the Giacobetti page using Firefox and didn't get the 'Diptych' spelling. (I'm usually using Chrome when on Basenotes.)

But then I checked my Chrome settings, and they're not set to auto translate. And also, it gave me normal 'Diptyque' spelling on all others pages. And no, it didn't translate it on the Diptyque website. Peculiar.

Well, at least it's just a browser weirdness and not the fault of Basenotes.

Thanks, Officers!

Latest News