Is this supposed "K" (2003) batch of a Le Male Tester genuine?

Sep 24, 2021
Hello everyone! So I recently obtained a 3.5ml sample bottle of a 1998 Le Male EDT and I really liked it so I went ahead and bought a "vintage" bottle of Le Male from eBay. This bottle was sold by a seller with years of positive feedback and has a history of selling genuine vintage fragrances and is a "Top Rated Plus" (Not that that is a certain indication that what I bought is genuine lol). But I was wondering if anyone who has any experience with vintage Le Male tester bottles can verify the legitimacy of this one. The seller states that the bottle shipped might not be the one pictured, but it will be just like the one pictured. Also, I did happen to run into a post (https://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?pid=4898590#p4898590 Post #25) on Fragrantica detailing a similar bottle purchased by a similar seller (the seller is not named) with what appears to be the exact batch code on the bottom of the bottle. The user from Fragrantica posts a link to pictures of his bottle with a batch code of KSK56X. Considering that this batch code is almost an exact match could it be possible that it is a duplicate (fake) bottle (Here is a link to his pictures: https://imgur.com/a/EvoOgby)? Attached are the photos that the seller has provided for the item I bought. I appreciate any and all feedback!:laugh:

Attachments

• LeMaleTester1.jpg
    LeMaleTester1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 10
  • LeMaleTester2.jpg
    LeMaleTester2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 10
  • LeMaleTester3.jpg
    LeMaleTester3.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 10
Sep 24, 2021
Looks fine to my eyes.
Thanks for the reply! I researched and found other threads with testers from around the 2000's era and I can't find any bottle of Le Male with a bottom label that looks like the one in the pictures. All labels of vintage to current bottles that I can find seem to have text that curves alongside the shape of the bottle (as opposed to being straight text across the bottle like this one). Also the font and format is completely different than what I've been able to find from bottles on the internet (except for that one bottle that I found from a user on Fragrantica).

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
It's hard to say. I had 1-2 or something Le Male testers like that or so, and they just didn't... smell right. But then I have/had old Le Male's in retail or promo packaging that smells great! So I don't know if it's reused bottles, or just bad storage, or what the heck is happening, but I no longer really trust those tester bottles..

Sep 24, 2021
It's hard to say. I had 1-2 or something Le Male testers like that or so, and they just didn't... smell right. But then I have/had old Le Male's in retail or promo packaging that smells great! So I don't know if it's reused bottles, or just bad storage, or what the heck is happening, but I no longer really trust those tester bottles..
I was told by a vintage fragrance seller on eBay that if the clamp that seals the atomizer to the bottle (you can check this by unscrewing and lifting up the neck) is a gold color, then it is a genuine JPG bottle. Has anyone ever heard of this authentication method before?

Sep 24, 2021
Yeah I actually saw your post on Fragrantica about the 2005 and 1997 testers that you found. They definitely look similar to my tester, but my bottle has very faint lines. Also, the bottle itself is very smooth, but it feels high quality. May I ask, who you got your tester bottles from? Was it someone one eBay?

ILikePeeps

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
May 15, 2012
Yeah I actually saw your post on Fragrantica about the 2005 and 1997 testers that you found. They definitely look similar to my tester, but my bottle has very faint lines. Also, the bottle itself is very smooth, but it feels high quality. May I ask, who you got your tester bottles from? Was it someone one eBay?
Yes, it was eBay, don't remember whom though.

I was told by a vintage fragrance seller on eBay that if the clamp that seals the atomizer to the bottle (you can check this by unscrewing and lifting up the neck) is a gold color, then it is a genuine JPG bottle. Has anyone ever heard of this authentication method before?
Oh wow, not sure I've heard that before! Specifically for vintages?

Sep 24, 2021
Yes, it was eBay, don't remember whom though.

Oh wow, not sure I've heard that before! Specifically for vintages?
I believe this goes for all Le Male bottles, regardless of year. Honestly, considering how no one here, as far as I'm aware, can confirm or deny this authentication method I don't really know how legit it is. The only Le Males I do have are "vintage" ones from eBay, and they all have this gold ring clamp. What made me believe it was the fact that the seller who told me this was not the one I bought my "K" batch bottle from. Perhaps someone here with a confirmed legit bottle can also confirm theirs has a gold ring clamp.

Latest News