Is this Christopher Dicas unisex frag real or...

Bigsly

Basenotes Institution
Feb 20, 2008
...is this an "art project" or "punk?" It seems to have created a bit of a tiff over at fragrantica.com.

Last edited:

Bigsly

Basenotes Institution
Feb 20, 2008
Thanks heperd, but I'm not sure what that is supposed to demonstrate.

Last edited:

heperd

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 29, 2011
I dont know either. It just a terrible Greek blogspot entry from a couple of months ago. There is no way its a real fragrance. Who knows why they are promoting this fake fragrance. There are some crazy people on the internet...

Bigsly

Basenotes Institution
Feb 20, 2008
Funny thing is more thought and effort was put into it than a lot of recent designer ones! LOL.

Bigsly

Basenotes Institution
Feb 20, 2008
I wish someone whose reviews I've been reading for years would review it !

Last edited:

Bigsly

Basenotes Institution
Feb 20, 2008
Recently, Fragrantica has removed all the reviews and comparisons to other fragrances.

Last edited:

Trebor

Basenotes Dependent
Apr 8, 2006
Hmmm... Let's have a look...

The male reviewer joined in late-July and has not been back since. On that day, he posted two reviews - one for Christopher DiCas and a half-arsed review for a Tom Ford scent. No forum posts as yet.

The female reviewer has only posted twice on the forum, joined in late-June and was active for ten or so days. She submitted two reviews, and the one not about Christopher DiCas she still managed to name-drop CD and considers it to be up there with Fracas! Oh, and out of the two forum posts, one was for this thread and the other one was for... yes, you guessed it - a Tom Ford thread!

I could be completely wrong but it all smells very fishy to me...

Last edited:

Bigsly

Basenotes Institution
Feb 20, 2008
One thing I found amusing is how some of the positive reviews sounded like they were describing something that had no scent. Instead, it sounded like they were "wannabe" creative fiction writers. Recently. he released a new fragrance. I suggest reading my Fragrantica review of that one (it's called 69; isn't that cute?). In any case, I don't understand why this guy doesn't send out samples to the major frag blogs. How could doing that hurt sales (considering what his sales likely are!)? It reminds me of some of the people on the "Shark Tank" TV show. They think they can create a "great product" and then sit back and do nothing.

litworth

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 6, 2010
Yes, the fragrance does most certainly exist. It is good, but smells like an 90s powerhouse scent, along the same lines as the original “Calvin Klein for men” fragrance. It’s something that would feel “at home” in the rogue perfumery collection.

litworth

Basenotes Dependent
Mar 6, 2010
As nice as it is, it also has that “cologne guy” smell to it though, which I typically avoid in fragrances.

Bigsly

Basenotes Institution
Feb 20, 2008
Thinking about all this in retrospect, years later, it reminds me of an episode of "The Office," in which Michael Scott says something like, "I made a huge mistake today... I questioned my own greatness."

Anna_V

Apr 27, 2012
I think a perfume is a perfume...And Opium by YSL or Alien by Mugler came out at the decades 70's and 90's but they still smell unique!!! As for Calvin men I think it smells different more similar with Bijan Wicked...

Latest News