Is there any fragrance that smells similar to Nivea cream in the blue jar/tin?

kalli

Aug 29, 2011
Ok, I must buy some Nivea now! Lol. It's been too long since I actually bought this stuff, can't even remember.

ebricca

Nov 27, 2017
for me it also seems to have been a flower / blossom inspiration

i smelled the "japanese cherry blossom" from bodyshop and was reminded of nivea ..

Violet, lilac and lily of the valley would all be synthetics since the blossoms do not produce essential oil in any great volume.

The notes are all very common--and I must admit I have never smelled the nivea cream. Sure is an interesting exercise to try and find a fragrance similar to it, though!

Kitty2Shoes

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 17, 2016
Does the Nivea sold in the States have a different scent than the type sold in the UK? I pulled out my Nivea hand cream and it had a light 'cold cream' scent to it, but really it barely had any scent.

donna255

Jul 16, 2004
Could well have been reformulated. Some years back on the beauty forums there was a craze for Nivea in the blue tub. Seems the one made in Germany which is sold in the UK/Europe is different from the US version. Loads asking for people to custom purchase the German one. Or trying to get the one made in Mexico which was the same as the German made one. The US made version was considered inferior.

For me Nivea like Johnston's Baby products had a very clean neutral smell.

Kitty2Shoes

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 17, 2016
Could well have been reformulated. Some years back on the beauty forums there was a craze for Nivea in the blue tub. Seems the one made in Germany which is sold in the UK/Europe is different from the US version. Loads asking for people to custom purchase the German one. Or trying to get the one made in Mexico which was the same as the German made one. The US made version was considered inferior.

For me Nivea like Johnston's Baby products had a very clean neutral smell.

I do recall that craze a while back. The Nivea from Mexico or Germany was considered just as good as Creme de la Mer. Having tried both on my face over a period of time - I just didn't get the hype for either.

I did pull out my Nivea in the blue container (Boots purchase) and did notice a faint scent, but once it was on my hands, the scent disappeared almost immediately. There was a faint cold cream scent, but that was it. I also have a tube of Nivea 'soft' hand cream - pretty much scentless.

donna255

Jul 16, 2004
I do recall that craze a while back. The Nivea from Mexico or Germany was considered just as good as Creme de la Mer. Having tried both on my face over a period of time - I just didn't get the hype for either.

I did pull out my Nivea in the blue container (Boots purchase) and did notice a faint scent, but once it was on my hands, the scent disappeared almost immediately. There was a faint cold cream scent, but that was it. I also have a tube of Nivea 'soft' hand cream - pretty much scentless.[/QUOTE

Yes, that was it.

Kitty2Shoes

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 17, 2016

I did pull out my Nivea in the blue container (Boots purchase) and did notice a faint scent, but once it was on my hands, the scent disappeared almost immediately. There was a faint cold cream scent, but that was it. I also have a tube of Nivea 'soft' hand cream - pretty much scentless.[/QUOTE

Yes, that was it.

This reminds me of when I was trying to find a scent similar to the Meteorites compact from Guerlain.

If it's the cold cream your going for, how about:

Philosphy - Amazing Grace
Lalique - Encre Noire Pour Elle (this might be too much of a soapy rose though)
Avon - Goddess (bit more of the lily of the valley, but the dry down should be close)
Jennifer Lopez - Glow (mix between Dove bar soap and Nivea blue jar cream)

Latest News