Is there a comparable and more affordable version of Jubilation XXV?

Chompas

Dec 6, 2017
I really like this fragrance and I wonder if there something similar out there (Like Armaf or others) that could have a similar profile but a more affordable price range.

SolaceKosmoskrator

Basenotes Member
Oct 19, 2021
I get a lot of patchouli from XXV, which admittedly I have not loved as much as some of the others on here. But I would look at affordable masculine patchoulis, maybe. Giorgio Beverley hills for men can be had cheap and is definitely sweeter, but pretty good tbh. Boss number one is worth smelling, I found a vintage bottle pretty cheap. Likewise if you see the old version of givenchy gentleman, the top is much less inviting but the drydown is one of the best. no idea what the current one smells like. tom ford noir, a little bit, it adds patch to the shalimar-like vanilla.

notspendingamillion

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 2, 2018
Well, it's a bertrand duchaufour frag, possibly his best. But his sweetened incense thing is his bread and butter. Think maybe al aoud by lartisan. I don't know of any clones who get that kind of thing right. It's a decently difficult balancing act to make it not smell like a jumbled mess or vomit. XXV is awesome.

StylinLA

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 9, 2009
It's a great scent. Even moreso if you really like it.

But I don't think it ever got enough mainstream traction to attract anyone to copy it or entice anyone to make a scent "inspired" by or similar to XXV.

There are some good scent suggestions here so far, but if you really like XXV, they are not all that similar.
Same sort of personality - L'Artisan Al Oudh (also by Duchafour) kind of a variation on it.

I joined Basenotes 13 years ago looking for a scent that smelled like a pricey scent I really liked. There were many suggestions, but none of the scents scratched that itch.

I know sometimes there is a clone or similar scent that is quite similar to another. Since you mention Armaf, you maybe thinking there is something as close as Armaf Milestone is to Millesime Imperial. Or Armaf Sillage and Silver Mountain Water. I just don't think that's the case for XXV. I wouldn't hold out much hope of finding a $40US scent as good as Jubilation XXV.

Dua probably makes a clone, but they really aren't all that cheap, and it's probably heavy handed and clunky.

Last edited:

sproaty

Feb 23, 2017
I get a lot of patchouli from XXV, which admittedly I have not loved as much as some of the others on here. But I would look at affordable masculine patchoulis, maybe. Giorgio Beverley hills for men can be had cheap and is definitely sweeter, but pretty good tbh. Boss number one is worth smelling, I found a vintage bottle pretty cheap. Likewise if you see the old version of givenchy gentleman, the top is much less inviting but the drydown is one of the best. no idea what the current one smells like. tom ford noir, a little bit, it adds patch to the shalimar-like vanilla.

These have no resemblance to Jubi though

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
Having finally tried Villoresi's Atman Xaman, which I can appreciate is not really that much more affordable, I immediately got a Jubilation vibe from it. There are definitely some resins in the Villroesi that are mentioned in the note pyramid, with the addition of a delicate tobacco, but it's down to the individual as to whether they think it's a suitable replacement for Jubilation.

Aug 26, 2022
Oud Assam from Maison Anthony Marmin is essentially a clone of Jub XXV.

It’s really cheap and it’s an Attar but the scent is rather spot on although it’s nowhere near as nuanced. But the main accord that is present in Jubilation is definitely there within Oud Assam and I believe OA is like $45 per 3ml. The Attar is so nuclear in strength though I rarely ever swipe it because a tiny dot is all you need.

Scentologist

Basenotes Institution
Apr 17, 2007
I would say no. It is unique. My general philosophy is that when you find a fragrance that truly ticks your boxes, don't find a substitute, save no matter how long it takes and get the real thing. You'll enjoy much more satisfaction while giving patronage to the artist that brough it to us.

Jul 17, 2016
Rasasi Rumz 9453 for him, the leopard one. It's a cross between Black Afgano and Jubilation 25, not a direct clone of either.

If you want a straight clone it won't work but it's a really good fragrance, punches well above it's weight price wise.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...