Is it dangerous to mix aroma chemicals with other aroma chemicals?

Mando

Mar 10, 2020
Is mixing aroma chemicals with other aroma chemicals dangerous, as you can accidently create toxic perfume?

Does anyone know any website or formula to calculate if two chemicals will create a hazardous substance?
One of the most ridiculous statements I’ve read in a long time. Devoid of any actual knowledge of the items themselves.
If you’re looking to create a bomb, please mix 1 part Clearwood with 2 parts Lavender absolute. Bam!

Stefan.E

Nov 18, 2020
I mean there are things you should be careful like phenols, m cresol etc and allergic reactions of course but obviously you should research the products you're using. But no I don't think you can accidentaly make sulfuric acid using hedione and cetalox

apolo085

Feb 18, 2019
You should maybe worry about the raw components before thinking of mixing them.
Some of them (naturals included) in a certain configuration, quantity and succession of some hazardous parameters, can explode.
Jacque Polge once declared having installed his labs in the top floor of Chanel's building to impact very few people if such accident were to happen.
He stores all of his working compound in bottles with glass stopper to pop out under pressure/combustion instead of exploding.

mnitabach

Nov 13, 2020
You should maybe worry about the raw components before thinking of mixing them.
Some of them (naturals included) in a certain configuration, quantity and succession of some hazardous parameters, can explode.
Jacque Polge once declared having installed his labs in the top floor of Chanel's building to impact very few people if such accident were to happen.
He stores all of his working compound in bottles with glass stopper to pop out under pressure/combustion instead of exploding.

What aromachemical combinations in what configuration, quantity, and succession of hazardous parameters can explode?

apolo085

Feb 18, 2019
What aromachemical combinations in what configuration, quantity, and succession of hazardous parameters can explode?
I did not mention any "combination" did I?
For the rest, despite the weirdness of the question taking into account where we are, that is to say, a learning platfom and definitely not a Phd's forum, as well as the way this was asked, I would say that if I can answer to that question I will not be on this forum, ask a chemist or search for Polge's interview (In French), and for chemicals storage safety politics & management if you are septic about the whole thing.

Edit: Polge video (I pointed the link on the right sequence) and there is more on the net if you search (and read) just a little bit...

mnitabach

Nov 13, 2020
If you are not actually aware of specific risk of explosion from mixing aromachemicals together, I'm not sure how helpful it is to assert that "Some of them (naturals included) in a certain configuration, quantity and succession of some hazardous parameters, can explode." Perhaps, remaining silent or stating that you don't know would be more helpful to someone genuinely trying to assess risk.

ourmess

Apr 25, 2018
"Safe storage of 55 gallon drums full of chemicals" is one thing, but not what the original post was asking about.

"Mixing random shit from Perfumer's Apprentice" is not going to accidentally create a deadly toxic cloud instead of a fragrance.

mnitabach

Nov 13, 2020
"Safe storage of 55 gallon drums full of chemicals" is one thing, but not what the original post was asking about.

"Mixing random shit from Perfumer's Apprentice" is not going to accidentally create a deadly toxic cloud instead of a fragrance.

Lolz yeah I mean I'm pretty sure that is what this thread is about, not stacked 55-gallon drums of pinene.

apolo085

Feb 18, 2019
Polge is not working with barrels on his shelf... watch the video and listen to the words if you can speak French or active the translate function.

pkiler

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
Folks, Original Poster, asking the question hasn't even been on BN for eight months, has only six posts.
I think we can safely put this thread to bed, because the guy that asked, apparently doesn't care what anyone says, cuz they're not even here...

Latest News