Is Hermes H24 better than ADG Profumo and Dior Sauvage Elixir?

Is Hermes H24 better than ADG Profumo and Dior Sauvage Elixir?

• Yes

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 60.0%

• Total voters

gerbick

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 13, 2009
Elixir, H24, then Profumo would be my personal order.

H24 hits a need that I didn't know I wanted but Elixir (and to an almost similar degree, Roja Apex) hits a spot that takes me back to late 80's era but made more modern. H24 just does not seem like a fan fave here at BN yet I get steady compliments whilst wearing it.

ihxb01

Jan 26, 2020
H24 is like an iPhone in 2007 disdained by tech boomers. "Where is the keyboard, designated music keys, memory slots, USB ffs?!! Just look what my Nokia N95 Internet Edition can do!11" Well, new AdGs doesn't smell remotely fresh after they put all those huge new molecules and kitchen herbs in it. As for Elixir, who needs this clumsy device perfume in the current business settings anyway.

Airegin

Sep 25, 2017
H24 is like an iPhone in 2007 disdained by tech boomers. "Where is the keyboard, designated music keys, memory slots, USB ffs?!! Just look what my Nokia N95 Internet Edition can do!11" Well, new AdGs doesn't smell remotely fresh after they put all those huge new molecules and kitchen herbs in it. As for Elixir, who needs this clumsy device perfume in the current business settings anyway.

If H24 is an iPhone, then Elixir is a Blackberry.

AdG is N-Gage.

Or H24 is Nintendo DS. Elixir is Playstation Portable.

AdG: still N-Gage.

Johnny_Ludlow

Basenotes Dependent
Nov 2, 2004
I don't get the point of the thread and I don't know why I am here.

Anyway, for me H24 is the best fragrance of the three. It's innovative, modern, clever and sleek. That ironing steam Illusion is very cool. Elixir is overtly sweet synthetic nighmare. Profumo is not bad but ultimately rather ho-hum.

Beck

Basenotes Dependent
May 13, 2014
No. I didn’t like any of them, honestly. But H24 was surprisingly the first Hermès scrubber to me. Meh! Tried it in an airport and I could hardly wait to arrive home and take a shower. The ambroxan is nauseating. Elixir was the first Sauvage I found ok, just ok and not a scrubber (I’m pretty sensible to ambroxan). Profumo was okay. The best AdG is still the original to me.

SmellSharpe

Dec 29, 2021
I like H24 EDP and Parfum. Is it better than the other two? More wearable than Elixir maybe? I am not a huge fan of ADG Profumo, so I would reach for H24 more than the other two.

i don’t think H24 is a good blind buy in any case as many find it a bit weird or overly metallic.

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
From a personal viewpoint alone, at least likely equal to (if not even better than) ADG Profumo-while Sauvage Elixir so far is the (again personally chose/rated as) least favorite from this list, even though still not bad in its own right

rum

Basenotes Plus
Mar 17, 2011
I'd take AdG Profumo over the other two any day.
Both H24 and Sauvage Elixir were scrubbers for me. Couldn't get on with either of them and that's after multiple tries. Like @Beck, H24 was the first scrubber from Hermes for me as well.

Jul 7, 2012
Three totally different scents with almost nothing in common, and the OP doesn't explain what he's looking for, or what makes one scent better than another for him.

This thread is pointless.

One would think a billionaire could afford to buy all three and decide which smells best for himself. These three are readily available at the mall. Give them a sniff and let your nose decide which smells the best to you.

P.S. Which is better: The ocean, a ham sandwich, or Dave?

Danny Mitchell

Basenotes Institution
Mar 21, 2019
Three totally different scents with almost nothing in common, and the OP doesn't explain what he's looking for, or what makes one scent better than another for him.

This thread is pointless.

One would think a billionaire could afford to buy all three and decide which smells best for himself. These three are readily available at the mall. Give them a sniff and let your nose decide which smells the best to you.

P.S. Which is better: The ocean, a ham sandwich, or Dave?
Ham sandwich.

Sloth

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 11, 2019
No, ref ADG Profumo but yes anything is better than the foul Elixir....well except for the equally disgusting Polo Green of course.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...