Is DecantShop Still a Legitimate Website?

solstice15

Apr 25, 2020
Is this website still actually running? Has anyone ordered recently and had it fulfilled?
I placed an order two weeks ago and haven't heard from them since....I'm starting to get concerned. I've tried emailing with no response, it seems dead.

succio

Jun 11, 2016
They have a negative rep around here. I was also about to order from them, but steered away.

I would just call your bank and get your money back. I dont think they are scammers, but they are extremely slow and unresponsive from what I gather

Leonardo3

Mar 17, 2017
I placed an order with DecantShop 17 days ago and their website still says "processing" with no indication the order has been filled or shipped. I've tried to contact them multiple times with no response. Yet I'm still receiving their promotional emails.

I've ordered from DecantShop many times over the past few years with no issues, but this is totally out of the ordinary for them. I'm done with DecantShop—time to open a PayPal dispute and get my money back.

Dinocino

Jun 26, 2015
I think I'm in the same boat. Placed an order 14 days ago and have not heard anything more from them. I've left an online-chat, and two separate e-mail messages with no reply. A shame.

Andy the frenchy

Sep 16, 2018
Never used them, but many bad reviews in terms of waiting time...
It is my hypothesis that they might restock as needed, accordingly to the orders, in order to avoid the need of a too heavy initial cash investment.
As a result, they probably also need to wait to receive their new bottles, before being able to decant and fullfill various orders.

Even if it might be an explanation, that would be for sure no excuse for this business model, and even less for the poor communication.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
In my experience: they are legit, but slow.

I have been satisfied with the products I have ordered from DecantShop and have not had any problems. On that note, it has taken about a month to receive my orders. I have not attempted to email or call the company, so I cannot attest to their response time/ customer service. So, my only complaint is the wait time... which is enough for me to take my money elsewhere in the future.

Leonardo3

Mar 17, 2017
Update:

DecantShop finally shipped my order, exactly one month after I placed it. I had to file a claim through PayPal to even get their attention. DecantShop ignored my emails but quickly created a shipping label in response to PayPal contacting them. It still took them over a week and a half to fill the order after creating the shipping label. There are definitely better places to buy perfume samples.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
Update:

DecantShop finally shipped my order, exactly one month after I placed it. I had to file a claim through PayPal to even get their attention. DecantShop ignored my emails but quickly created a shipping label in response to PayPal contacting them. It still took them over a week and a half to fill the order after creating the shipping label. There are definitely better places to buy perfume samples.

Wow. I guess they just needed the proper motivation. At least you are getting your decants.

Jay-Lux'eau

Jan 20, 2019
It's funny that all the badmouthers have < 10 posts.

Never had a problem with Decantshop. They always deliver. Takes them 2 to 3 weeks to Europe, which is acceptable.

Dinocino

Jun 26, 2015
I don't think the number of posts has anything to do with the people's experiences.

The only way I got a response out of anyone was to file a Paypal dispute. Even then, I received nothing from the Decantshop in terms of answering any message, just a shipping notice. The stated 1-2 weeks delivery to Canada is currently sitting at 31 days and no delivery.

I can forgive slow transit, that's not the end of the world. I just expect some better communications from any business. I think a lot of people would be more forgiving if they were given a proper response and expectation.

stuigi

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Sep 3, 2004
Some of the smaller fragrance related companies may actually be down to one or two people. Decant Shop may in fact have one person doing the decanting, shipping and customer service.

ajs41072

Feb 21, 2012
I used to order from them a lot and never had any issues. This was about 5+ years ago. I just ordered on Memorial Day since they had a sale and it's still listed as processing. I should've read this thread first. I thought 10 days was a long time, but apparently I have a much longer wait seeing some of the other experiences on here.

ajs41072

Feb 21, 2012
For US residents: know the FTC’s 30-day Rule. There is a plain english guide for businesses and consumers.

I doubt I'm going to get a notice from them given their communication with me as they haven't responded to my email from about a week ago. Nothing from them since May 31st. I guess I have to wait the 30 days before I contact PayPal and say it's been over 30 days and I'll like that transaction canceled.

Rinx7

Mar 14, 2021
I recently ordered from them for the first time in many years. I had not realized their recent history of not fulfilling orders. I had a similar experience to others in this thread and had to file a Paypal dispute to get their attention, but they did ship my order quickly once I filed and the samples were legitimate. Would not recommend anymore.

JBS1

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2016
I must have about 30 to 40 decants from The Decant Shop .
All of these orders have been placed in the last 3 to 4 years.
I have received all of them.
I have noticed that over these years, that it now takes a longer time to receive my items
I used to get them in a week to two weeks.
Now, it does take about 3 too 4 though.
No, they don't respond back directly , but you will notice your shipment will head out after you contact them.
My really only complaint is with their point system.
Mine were deleted . I never used them , but I guess after sometime of not being used , the just get deleted.
I did send an email regarding this, but no direct response .
Two days after sending my email, The Decant Shop had a 30% off everything .
I asked them in my email that if no points could be rewarded , could I at least get a 30 to 40% off coupon.
Not sure if that's why they had the sale , but I took advantage of it.
If you're looking for samples , IndieScent has a very nice selection.
Very good samples , and they have a point system , and you can leave reviews and get points for that.
It's not a decant shop type of boutique , and they carry indie style perfumes.
Still though , it's a good one.
We have great splitters here on basenotes.
I've gotten great splits and decants plus partials from a good number of different splitters.
strifeknot would be one of them.
hanginglimbs is another
You can check my page for other splitters and sellers.

I'm sorry for all who have had delay in shipment issues with The DecantShop.
You will get your items though.
I think now that only one person does this.

I've also had great luck with Surrender to Chance.

Last edited:

Bavard

Wearing Perfume Right Now
Basenotes Plus
Jul 20, 2015
For my most recent order from DecantShop I placed a PayPal dispute before they shipped. Surrender to Chance is still fast. The Perfumed Court has always been about as slow as it is now where it can take about a week before shipping starts.

Jay-Lux'eau

Jan 20, 2019
I stand corrected: I ordered samples May 31st, I only got them today (Aug 31st).

So I had to wait 3 months! No communication on their part either.

Also, there are new laws in the EU since June regarding goods coming from outside the EU, generally you now have to pay VAT + a fee for customs now.

My samples were around 100$ and I had to pay 20€ on top of that to our postal company for them to get it through customs.

So keep that in mind with their current 30% off everything promo!

HouseOfPhlegethon

be huffin' parfums
Basenotes Plus
Jan 3, 2017
I've always had good experiences with DecantShop until recently. I placed an order on August 17th with no product yet delivered. Filed a PayPal dispute last Thursday - nothing - no response. Emailed them a few minutes ago. I doubt any response will result. At this point, I'd rather have the money back. The samples are "tainted"....

JBS1

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2016
I've always had good experiences with DecantShop until recently. I placed an order on August 17th with no product yet delivered. Filed a PayPal dispute last Thursday - nothing - no response. Emailed them a few minutes ago. I doubt any response will result. At this point, I'd rather have the money back. The samples are "tainted"....
Please get back to us, and let us know the results.
Sorry, and thank you.

DÉCANTShop

Mar 11, 2014
As our site grew over the past decade, we started getting more and more orders and unfortunately it effected the speed of our shipping times.
I apologize to everyone who had issues with us in the past. Rest assured we hired more help and the orders should ship out in a timely manner from now on. I sincerely apologize and looking forward to make it right for everyone who wants to give us another try.

Please get back to us, and let us know the results.
Sorry, and thank you.

I stand corrected: I ordered samples May 31st, I only got them today (Aug 31st).

So I had to wait 3 months! No communication on their part either.

Also, there are new laws in the EU since June regarding goods coming from outside the EU, generally you now have to pay VAT + a fee for customs now.

My samples were around 100$ and I had to pay 20€ on top of that to our postal company for them to get it through customs.

So keep that in mind with their current 30% off everything promo!

For my most recent order from DecantShop I placed a PayPal dispute before they shipped. Surrender to Chance is still fast. The Perfumed Court has always been about as slow as it is now where it can take about a week before shipping starts.

I must have about 30 to 40 decants from The Decant Shop .
All of these orders have been placed in the last 3 to 4 years.
I have received all of them.
I have noticed that over these years, that it now takes a longer time to receive my items
I used to get them in a week to two weeks.
Now, it does take about 3 too 4 though.
No, they don't respond back directly , but you will notice your shipment will head out after you contact them.
My really only complaint is with their point system.
Mine were deleted . I never used them , but I guess after sometime of not being used , the just get deleted.
I did send an email regarding this, but no direct response .
Two days after sending my email, The Decant Shop had a 30% off everything .
I asked them in my email that if no points could be rewarded , could I at least get a 30 to 40% off coupon.
Not sure if that's why they had the sale , but I took advantage of it.
If you're looking for samples , IndieScent has a very nice selection.
Very good samples , and they have a point system , and you can leave reviews and get points for that.
It's not a decant shop type of boutique , and they carry indie style perfumes.
Still though , it's a good one.
We have great splitters here on basenotes.
I've gotten great splits and decants plus partials from a good number of different splitters.
strifeknot would be one of them.
hanginglimbs is another
You can check my page for other splitters and sellers.

I'm sorry for all who have had delay in shipment issues with The DecantShop.
You will get your items though.
I think now that only one person does this.

I've also had great luck with Surrender to Chance.

I recently ordered from them for the first time in many years. I had not realized their recent history of not fulfilling orders. I had a similar experience to others in this thread and had to file a Paypal dispute to get their attention, but they did ship my order quickly once I filed and the samples were legitimate. Would not recommend anymore.

I doubt I'm going to get a notice from them given their communication with me as they haven't responded to my email from about a week ago. Nothing from them since May 31st. I guess I have to wait the 30 days before I contact PayPal and say it's been over 30 days and I'll like that transaction canceled.

For US residents: know the FTC’s 30-day Rule. There is a plain english guide for businesses and consumers.

I used to order from them a lot and never had any issues. This was about 5+ years ago. I just ordered on Memorial Day since they had a sale and it's still listed as processing. I should've read this thread first. I thought 10 days was a long time, but apparently I have a much longer wait seeing some of the other experiences on here.

only the style of the website design is a red flag for me

33 days since placing an order. Nothing yet.

Some of the smaller fragrance related companies may actually be down to one or two people. Decant Shop may in fact have one person doing the decanting, shipping and customer service.

I don't think the number of posts has anything to do with the people's experiences.

The only way I got a response out of anyone was to file a Paypal dispute. Even then, I received nothing from the Decantshop in terms of answering any message, just a shipping notice. The stated 1-2 weeks delivery to Canada is currently sitting at 31 days and no delivery.

I can forgive slow transit, that's not the end of the world. I just expect some better communications from any business. I think a lot of people would be more forgiving if they were given a proper response and expectation.

It's funny that all the badmouthers have < 10 posts.

Never had a problem with Decantshop. They always deliver. Takes them 2 to 3 weeks to Europe, which is acceptable.

Let’s find out. I put in an order during Cyber Monday. I will update in 30 days or when I receive the order, whichever comes first.

Wow. I guess they just needed the proper motivation. At least you are getting your decants.

Update:

In my experience: they are legit, but slow.

I have been satisfied with the products I have ordered from DecantShop and have not had any problems. On that note, it has taken about a month to receive my orders. I have not attempted to email or call the company, so I cannot attest to their response time/ customer service. So, my only complaint is the wait time... which is enough for me to take my money elsewhere in the future.

Never used them, but many bad reviews in terms of waiting time...
It is my hypothesis that they might restock as needed, accordingly to the orders, in order to avoid the need of a too heavy initial cash investment.
As a result, they probably also need to wait to receive their new bottles, before being able to decant and fullfill various orders.

Even if it might be an explanation, that would be for sure no excuse for this business model, and even less for the poor communication.

I think I'm in the same boat. Placed an order 14 days ago and have not heard anything more from them. I've left an online-chat, and two separate e-mail messages with no reply. A shame.

Wise decision

I placed an order with DecantShop 17 days ago and their website still says "processing" with no indication the order has been filled or shipped. I've tried to contact them multiple times with no response. Yet I'm still receiving their promotional emails.

I've ordered from DecantShop many times over the past few years with no issues, but this is totally out of the ordinary for them. I'm done with DecantShop—time to open a PayPal dispute and get my money back.

They have a negative rep around here. I was also about to order from them, but steered away.

I would just call your bank and get your money back. I dont think they are scammers, but they are extremely slow and unresponsive from what I gather

Did you get your order? I too have an order with them for over a month now. Still no response from them.

Is this website still actually running? Has anyone ordered recently and had it fulfilled?
I placed an order two weeks ago and haven't heard from them since....I'm starting to get concerned. I've tried emailing with no response, it seems dead.

PrinceRF

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Apr 3, 2020
As our site grew over the past decade, we started getting more and more orders and unfortunately it effected the speed of our shipping times.
I apologize to everyone who had issues with us in the past. Rest assured we hired more help and the orders should ship out in a timely manner from now on. I sincerely apologize and looking forward to make it right for everyone who wants to give us another try.

Nice! I'm open to giving them a third try next time I want to order some decants, and hope that processing has improved. I usually like to wait for a promotion.

JBS1

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2016
Nice! I'm open to giving them a third try next time I want to order some decants, and hope that processing has improved. I usually like to wait for a promotion.

The Decant Shop does offer promotions frequently.
Good to hear that they're trying to improve shipping time.

Latest News