Incenso by i Profumi di Firenze

odysseusm

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 12, 2007
A very dry scent, which is pleasing to me. Woody frankincense: coniferous, green, energetic, even a bit rubbery (in a pleasant way). The wood persists and develops into a balsamic note in the dry-down. This is largely a soliflore (single-note) scent in style. Resinous, a bit smoky, lean and austere. It is an EdP.

odysseusm

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 12, 2007
Notes gathered from various Italian and English sites:
Frankincense, cinnamon, spikenard, myrrh, wood (oak or pine), smoke.

odysseusm

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 12, 2007
Green, very resinous and terpene. A true frankincense.
Dry, austere, simple in style yet enjoyable.

odysseusm

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 12, 2007
It is interesting to compare this to a similar scent, Aesop's Mystra. Like that one, iPdF's Incenso is very dry, green and resinous. It has a high frankincense content and is more coniferous in style. Bone-dry. Hint of peppery spice and a woody undertone. There is also a distinctly dusky, hay-like herbal note not found in Mystra. It is a bit like tarragon. Both are excellent scents, I certainly am enjoying Incenso today.
I think this is not generally available in North America. I had to place a special order with the company to obtain it.

odysseusm

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 12, 2007
This is a dry, green, resinous frankincense. Austere. Hints of wood. Conveys the atmosphere of an old church with polished wooden pews and vestiges of incense hanging in the air.

odysseusm

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 12, 2007
This continues to be a very dry, resinous (even terpenic) frankincense with wood tones. Austere and beautiful.

odysseusm

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 12, 2007
In my imagination, the holiday season is not only about Christmas trees but also the incense scent which lingers in old sanctuaries. So, time to re-visit this old friend, tomorrow.

odysseusm

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 12, 2007
Dry, green and resinous. Austere in tone. A superb incense scent, profiling frankincense very well. Hints of wood throughout. The spikenard gives a powerful, hay-like and slightly musky tone. I didn't know much about spikenard, so off to wikipedia for some information...
"Spikenard, also called nard, nardin, and muskroot, is a class of aromatic amber-colored essential oil derived from Nardostachys jatamansi, a flowering plant of the valerian family which grows in the Himalayas of Nepal, China, and India. The oil has been used over centuries as a perfume, a traditional medicine, or in religious ceremonies across a wide territory from India to Europe.
The oil was known in ancient times and was part of the Ayurvedic herbal tradition of India. It was obtained as a luxury item in ancient Egypt and the Near East. In Rome, it was the main ingredient of the perfume nardinum (O.L. náladam), derived from the Hebrew שבלת נֵרד ( shebolet nerd, head of nard bunch), an element in the consecrated incense described in the Hebrew Bible and Talmud. It was offered on the specialized incense altar in the First and Second Jerusalem Temples. It is mentioned twice in the Song of Solomon (1:12 and 4:13). Hispanic traditions within the Roman Catholic Church iconography use spikenard to represent Saint Joseph."
The association with Joseph makes it appropriate to the season. :)

odysseusm

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 12, 2007
This is a very green incense scent. Some pleasantly bitter herbal notes, and a strongly terpene quality. Quite dry and translucent. The effect may seem harsh but I find it soothing. Hints of wood at the end.

odysseusm

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 12, 2007
I think that not many here on BN are aware of this scent. It has only been reviewed twice in the directory, once by me. I read a glowing review of it a long time ago in someone's blog. That led me to contact the company and place a special order, as it is not usually available in North America. I'm glad I went to the effort, it is a lovely scent for those like me who appreciate a good frankincense scent. It is very dry and aromatic, with a pronounced resinous note from the frankincense. Coniferous and slightly smoky, with a hint of peppery spice and a woody dry-down. Very enjoyable.

odysseusm

Basenotes Dependent
Jan 12, 2007
Here is a very dry, focused and resinous frankincense scent. Woody, with a dry peppercorn bite. I like it a lot.

hednic

Basenotes Institution
Oct 25, 2007
I have tried a few from this house, but not the one cited above which I must say does sound interesting. I love frankincense so probably would like this.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...