Impossible to find real Dolce Gabbana Pour Homme?

bigtyivier2k2

Basenotes Dependent
May 7, 2011
Last summer I bought a 2.5 oz Dolce Gabbana Pour Homme eurotalia on ebay and from a diff seller the tiny little bite sized bottle and the bite size bottle smelled nice and strong whereas the 2.5oz was milder and didnt last long thus making me think it was a watered down fake.

Is it really that hard to get a real one that had the velvet blue box and the rectangular dolce gabbana sticker on the bottle?

MFfan310

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 19, 2004
For one of the vintage made in Italy ones, yes. They are highly faked.

However, the latest formulation, made by a Shiseido subsidiary (look for "made in France" and "Beaute Prestige International" on the velvet box) is supposed to be extremely similar to the Euroitalia version.

bigtyivier2k2

Basenotes Dependent
May 7, 2011
For one of the vintage made in Italy ones, yes. They are highly faked.

However, the latest formulation, made by a Shiseido subsidiary (look for "made in France" and "Beaute Prestige International" on the velvet box) is supposed to be extremely similar to the Euroitalia version.

When did this formulation come out? Would this formulation be in all the big stores? And lastly is there a different look or it still has the letters on the bottle like the bottles of the last few years

MFfan310

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 19, 2004
When did this formulation come out? Would this formulation be in all the big stores? And lastly is there a different look or it still has the letters on the bottle like the bottles of the last few years

This formulation came out about 3 years ago.

The packaging is identical to the P&G one, but with the Beaute Prestige International and Made in France disclaimers plus one saying in both French & English "This Article Is Only To Be Sold By Authorized Dolce & Gabbana Parfums Dealers". And it's very easy to find at retail, though there is still a very tiny amount of P&G stock floating around (like a bar of Ivory soap, of course). Check for "Made in France" and "Beaute Prestige International" on the box and you've got the current, better formulation.

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
I found a 2008 tester some months ago and it's pretty amazing especially the projection. It's just so vibrant it pretty much makes the made in uk version (which I own) redundant.

ripjean

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 9, 2014
I always thought that only the larger 125ml (4.2oz) bottles were faked, rarely the 75ml (2.5oz). Also, it is worth noting that the Eurotalia sticker version was last produced somewhere around 2005 / 2006 nearly 10 years after D&G Pour Homme was first produced. Although not proven, is there a case that there may be more than one formulation of the Eurotalia sticker version?

Slayerized

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 17, 2011
I always thought that only the larger 125ml (4.2oz) bottles were faked, rarely the 75ml (2.5oz). Also, it is worth noting that the Eurotalia sticker version was last produced somewhere around 2005 / 2006 nearly 10 years after D&G Pour Homme was first produced. Although not proven, is there a case that there may be more than one formulation of the Eurotalia sticker version?

True, the 75ml was not faked in general at all, only the 125ml ones as well the sticker version as the non sticker version.
The Euroitalia bottles were last produced in 2008 (transition year); in 2008/09 the German version popped up which was in 2010 replaced by the horrible UK version which was itself replaced by France version in 2017. It is said that the 1994-1999 Euroitalia bottles were even a little stronger than the 2000-2008 bottles but the first ones are very hard to get. I own 5x 75ml 2000-2008 Euroitalia sticker versions (all smell and perform the same) and one 2009 Germany version.

ripjean

Basenotes Junkie
Feb 9, 2014
True, the 75ml was not faked in general at all, only the 125ml ones as well the sticker version as the non sticker version.
The Euroitalia bottles were last produced in 2008 (transition year); in 2008/09 the German version popped up which was in 2010 replaced by the horrible UK version which was itself replaced by France version in 2017. It is said that the 1994-1999 Euroitalia bottles were even a little stronger than the 2000-2008 bottles but the first ones are very hard to get. I own 5x 75ml 2000-2008 Euroitalia sticker versions (all smell and perform the same) and one 2009 Germany version.

I had better hold on to my 1999 bottle then :laugh: Although I rarely wear it these days, I recall it gave me my best ever fragrance related compliment, back in the early 2000's! I could never part with it.

Foamywax

Basenotes Dependent
May 2, 2013
My bottle has the silver blue sticker but says p&g on it.
It's made in italy though I wonder what year this is from..

Slayerized

Basenotes Dependent
Jul 17, 2011
What do you mean and why??

A fragrance that is from 2002 will in 2012 be seen as produced in 2012 and in 2022 as produced in 2022.
On most of those batch code check sites it is written that the codes repeat themselves after eg. 10 years......In other words those check sites (almost) never give a fragrance being older than 10 years because of that, while the fragrance in real good be over 25 years old or more.....like a fragrance cannot be older than 10 years for those sites, so to speak....
Where do you look those batch codes up?

blainemono

Oct 29, 2021
Hello!
I luckily own 2x 75ml partial bottles of Euroitalia versions.
I was bit curious about production years, both stickers are bit different, so I could imagine that one of it comes from 94-00 period.
Bottle on the right I assume is 2000
Left one according to database could be either 1995 or 2005.
Anyone could clarify this for me please?
IMG_20211029_112356.jpg

boozer

Sep 17, 2017
Hello!
I luckily own 2x 75ml partial bottles of Euroitalia versions.
I was bit curious about production years, both stickers are bit different, so I could imagine that one of it comes from 94-00 period.
Bottle on the right I assume is 2000
Left one according to database could be either 1995 or 2005.
Anyone could clarify this for me please?
View attachment 173542
6 digit batch code between 2000 to 2008...1999 and before I think it was 4 digit batch code.

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...