Important: Site Downtime and Changes

Zephyr1973

Jan 10, 2015
Grant,
This is incredible! I am amazed as to all the hard work you have put into this upgrade - you really do love this site - and we love YOU!

Grant

Basenotes Founder
Staff member
Basenotes Plus
Sep 29, 2000
Hi, Hopefully I am not posting this twice. Have you checked the accessibility of the changes you are making for people who use access technology such as screen reading software. under the Equality Act 2010 your website must be accessible to Disabled people. RNIB should be able to offer you some advice on how to do this. I’ve enjoyed this site so much since joining that I don’t want to be left out because it becomes inaccessible. Most of the time people aren’t doing this deliberately, they just don’t think about it. Any questions please contact me privately.

Good point. The software we're using, is pretty modern, and made in the UK, so I would hope it would be accessible. On doing some prelimarary research, there is an Egypt-based forum using the software for primarily blind people, so that sounds positive.

However, for all the stuff I have coded, I could probably do with having a check over to make sure, so thanks for the reminder :)

The forum software we are using is https://xenforo.com/community - if that's working fine, then it should be good here.

Thanks again for the heads up, and I may be in touch

hednic

Oct 25, 2007
While we are off line, would it be possible to keep us abreast of the progress on Basenotes' Facebook and/or Twitter site with an update?

Redneck Perfumisto

League of Cycloöctadiene Isomer Aestheticists
Basenotes Plus
Feb 27, 2008
Hi, Hopefully I am not posting this twice. Have you checked the accessibility of the changes you are making for people who use access technology such as screen reading software. under the Equality Act 2010 your website must be accessible to Disabled people. RNIB should be able to offer you some advice on how to do this. I’ve enjoyed this site so much since joining that I don’t want to be left out because it becomes inaccessible. Most of the time people aren’t doing this deliberately, they just don’t think about it. Any questions please contact me privately.

Good point. The software we're using, is pretty modern, and made in the UK, so I would hope it would be accessible. On doing some prelimarary research, there is an Egypt-based forum using the software for primarily blind people, so that sounds positive.

However, for all the stuff I have coded, I could probably do with having a check over to make sure, so thanks for the reminder :)

The forum software we are using is https://xenforo.com/community - if that's working fine, then it should be good here.

Thanks again for the heads up, and I may be in touch

LondonGirl - good news there! I think I found the exact information you're looking for.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/xenforo-accessibility-for-visually-impaired.99133/

Latest posts

Latest News