I'm nostalgic for "Nostalgia" (and my other favorite Fragrances) since I've lost my sense of smell!

SixCats

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 13, 2003
Hi all,
I now find myself only being able to reminiscence (sense memory) all Fragrances since having lost my sense of smell. Actually, my sense of smell has taken a turn for the worse and I'm constantly experiencing the smell of "Sulfur" (sort of like a burnt Match). Ugggh. Nevertheless, I still wear my (less expensive) Colognes/Aftershaves in hopes that I will be able to "wake up" my sense of smell. So far, not working. I have always worn Fragrances pretty much for "myself/own enjoyment" however, I am now wearing Fragrances so (perhaps) others may enjoy a whiff of (what I believe to be wonderful smelling Fragrances) while out in Public.

At any rate, this dilemma of mine has me reminiscing which Fragrances I most miss. Of my last few Cologne orders "Salvador Dali Cologne" and "Grey Flannel are two Colognes that I was VERY much enjoying. Oooh yes, least I forget, CARON L'Anarchiste is also wonderful! I must confess, I am pretty much missing ALL of my last several Cologne and Aftershave purchases (which also include all three versions) of Lalique's Encre Noire as well as TABAC and PINAUD Lilac Vegetal. Ooh well, not much I can do about this dilemma other than hold out hope that one day my sense of smell will return.

Memories.....light the corners of my mind.....misty watercolor memories.....of the way "it" were.....

SixCats!

SixCats

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 13, 2003
Is this COVID-related? Taste as well?
Hello Oviatt, I suspect this is the case as I was quite sick for two Months (including Double Pneumonia). A "Home Covid test" showed as negative (for all that's worth). My sense of taste is perhaps 50% of what it use to be however, it's my sense of smell that has taken a major hit. I'm trying hard not to give up hope or become too depressed over this issue. The SULFUR smell is sometimes over powering. Very strange/odd.

SixCats!

Ken_Russell

Basenotes Institution
Jan 21, 2006
Wishing you the best in recovering your sense of smell asap.
As well as until then, to enjoy both so many pleasant scent memories (part of whom maybe still in the making, including but not limited due to the tremendous BN contributions) and the transition first towards lighter, less demanding, more easy wearing aftershaves and scents, while over time gradually towards the remaining scent lineup.

SixCats

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 13, 2003
In a recent study over 95% recovered from their covid related loss of smell within one year, and over 50% within six months. The sulfur(or fish) smell is common in such cases.
I am hoping for either one of these two outcomes stuigi. I'm hoping. Thanks.

SixCats!

SixCats

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 13, 2003
Wishing you the best in recovering your sense of smell asap.
As well as until then, to enjoy both so many pleasant scent memories (part of whom maybe still in the making, including but not limited due to the tremendous BN contributions) and the transition first towards lighter, less demanding, more easy wearing aftershaves and scents, while over time gradually towards the remaining scent lineup.
Hello Ken_, thank you so very much for your kind words as well as words of encouragement. I'd feel like a King at this point if I were able to even smell my "Old Spice".

SixCats!

jmac0011

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Feb 19, 2018
This happened to us 3 months ago with the Delta variant. I'm 90% back and just starting to enjoy fragrances again.
We used :

1. Castor Oil
2. Essential oils
3. Flonase or other nasal allergy medicines.

SixCats

Basenotes Dependent
Jun 13, 2003
This happened to us 3 months ago with the Delta variant. I'm 90% back and just starting to enjoy fragrances again.
We used :

1. Castor Oil
2. Essential oils
3. Flonase or other nasal allergy medicines.
Yeeeea! I'm so very happy for you jmac!

SixCats!

Latest News

Whatever your taste in perfume, we've got you covered...

catalogue your collection, keep track of your perfume wish-list, log your daily fragrance wears, review your latest finds, seek out long-lost scented loves, keep track of the latest perfume news, find your new favourite fragrance, and discuss perfume with like-minded people from all over the world...