Identifying vintage perfumes

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
Naming a bottle

Hello all ! First, I apologize for my bad English; and sorry if I don't post in the right section.

I own several vintage perfumes; alas: sometimes, the name of the perfume on the bottle has been wiped, or it's a perfume I am unable to get any info from Internet.
Is there a topic where I could post pictures of those perfumes, hoping someone will be able to name them ?

Thank you, have a nice day !

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018
Re: Naming a bottle

Hello and welcome! Your english is perfectly good.
I'll suggest posting this in the Vintage forum, and we'll definately help you out. And photos are most welcome [emoji106]
Martin

Cook.bot

Flâneuse
Basenotes Plus
Jan 6, 2012
The second one looks like Romeo Gigli Sud Est.

Definitely a Romeo Gigli, but missing its round cap. Either Sud Est or the original, just called Romeo Gigli, I think.

Could the first one be Casmir by Chopard? Except I don't recall it ever having a tall cap like that, only a shorter rounded one.

I don't recognize the 3rd and 4th bottles.

epapsiou

Always be smelling
Basenotes Plus
Sep 28, 2015

The first one is Chopard Casmir. Cookbot got it right :)
Second one is Romeo Gigli. Sud est from color of juice.
3rd one has some text but I could not read it. Can you post better pics of 3 and 4 including bottom of the bottles

Gilturko

Dec 30, 2006

The first one is Chopard Casmir. Cookbot got it right :)
Second one is Romeo Gigli. Sud est from color of juice.
3rd one has some text but I could not read it. Can you post better pics of 3 and 4 including bottom of the bottles

Tthose edges are too sharp. The bottle of Cashmir is flat like that but round.

Attachments

• 120839.jpg
    120839.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 111

epapsiou

Always be smelling
Basenotes Plus
Sep 28, 2015

Tthose edges are too sharp. The bottle of Cashmir is flat like that but round.
Hmm. You are right. Edges are sharp, like Wish. Some other Chopard?
OP can you send better quality pics with bottom please.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021
Thank you very much for your interest ! Here are some other pictures. None of the bottles have anything written on the bottom.
The last bottle, which seems to be a woman's fragrance (as for the first bottle), shows something like " Marianne Ester", or something like that. Since it is hand-written on the bottle, it is difficult to read. Thank you for your help !

DSC_2534.jpg

DSC_2535.jpg

DSC_2536.jpg

DSC_2537.jpg

DSC_2538.jpg

DSC_2539.jpg

DSC_2540.jpg

DSC_2541.jpg

DSC_2542.jpg

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021

Sorry man. Nothing comes to my mind. Maybe others here would know more.

No problem; thank you for your interest !

I have a 5 ml sample of Courrèges; I don't know much about this one. Can someone tell me the year, and if it's a man or woman perfume ?

Thank you !

DSC_2561.jpg

DSC_2562.JPG

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019

Oddly, it seems masculine to me...could it be a version for man?
“Masculine” and “feminine” in perfumery often have more to do with marketing than smell. Also, associations of gender and scent are subjective/cultural, which includes generational differences. Lots of older feminines read more masculine to me than some current masculines.

Courrèges did make a masculine, Courrèges Homme, to parallel Eau de Courrèges. Perhaps ironically, the one BN review says it smells like baby powder.

My takeaway has been that fragrance is gender-fluid even if I’m not.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021

“Masculine” and “feminine” in perfumery often have more to do with marketing than smell. Also, associations of gender and scent are subjective/cultural, which includes generational differences. Lots of older feminines read more masculine to me than some current masculines.

Courrèges did make a masculine, Courrèges Homme, to parallel Eau de Courrèges. Perhaps ironically, the one BN review says it smells like baby powder.

My takeaway has been that fragrance is gender-fluid even if I’m not.

Thank you very much ! I see your point, which is mine, although I'm looking for "masculine" scents, like Macassar, Jules, and so on. But I'm curious to smell old "feminine" fragrances, and maybe I would be surprised how it works on me. I think Eau de Courrèges could be mentioned nowadays as "Unisex" perfume; what do you think ?
Anyway, thank you for your explanation !

PStoller

I’m not old, I’m vintage.
Basenotes Plus
Aug 1, 2019

I see your point, which is mine, although I'm looking for "masculine" scents, like Macassar, Jules, and so on. But I'm curious to smell old "feminine" fragrances, and maybe I would be surprised how it works on me. I think Eau de Courrèges could be mentioned nowadays as "Unisex" perfume; what do you think ?
I haven’t yet sampled Eau de Courrèges, but based on the truncated pyramid in the directory that lists citrus, green grass, mint, and absinthe, I see no reason it wouldn’t work as unisex or masculine.

If you want try try a “macho” feminine, Robert Piguet Bandit (esp. the original) is about as tough as they come. I’m happy to have it alongside Jules and Macassar in my wardrobe.

Jean-Sté

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 1, 2021

If you want try try a “macho” feminine, Robert Piguet Bandit (esp. the original) is about as tough as they come. I’m happy to have it alongside Jules and Macassar in my wardrobe.

I'm going to take your advice about Bandit: I have to meet a perfume seller next week, who told me that I had to try Bandit; she has it in store. I'll go for that !

Perfumania - America's Leading Perfumery Chain!

Latest News

. .