Identifying Sergio Soldano For Men (black, 1985)

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018
Hi everybody!

I'm om the hunt for a bottle of this italian leathery chypre, but I just can't tell the difference between new and older/vintage just by looking at the bottle.

The photos show a couple of versions. One says "men" on the bottle, the other says "for men". Both, I believe, are newer versions.
There are other bottles and boxes of this one with minor variations, but I simply can't date anyone of them.

Can you guys help me figure this out?

Much appreciated,
Martin
0fb90ab9fda5b9d7ca0c078cd0bd3f0b.jpg
77b2037ee56c5761917c817130c3faf4.jpg

Jean-Sté

Jan 1, 2021
I wonder if the smallest amounts (for example in this picture: 25 ml) would be in production nowadays...In other words, I think (maybe I'm wrong, so apologies in advance) that current scents would be manufactured in bigger volumes, as 100 ml.

nosey74

Aug 30, 2014
Agree with Avecesar & Pstoller - short ingredient list and “atomiseur” could be signs of a vintage bottle - maybe mention of UTIF somewhere on the box?

Also, after comparing bottles on eBay and Etsy, I think the bottle labeled “For Men” is older than those labeled “Men”

This fragrance has been in my shopping cart several times. Would be curious to find out what my fellow vintage heads think.

Marand75

Heaven's made of Oakmoss!
Basenotes Plus
Feb 9, 2018
I asked the Sellers last night about ingredients and both have long-ass lists, so the confusion is now total LOL!
I guess it all comes down to atomiseur/atomizer and splash-bottles?

Latest News