I found a vintage? AMOUAGE cristal & gold,whilst clearing out my aunts house,questions I have...

annetteo

Sep 20, 2014
IMG_20180422_113611.jpg IMG_20180422_113525.jpg IMG_20180422_113319.jpg IMG_20180422_113342.jpg IMG_20180422_113202.jpg IMG_20180422_113217.jpg
Hello all,like the title says,I found this whilst clearing out a relatives house.it is 50 ml,amouage cristal and gold,looks to be full or only used a couple of times.leaflet says its gold plated and lead crystal,its edt and dist.in oman.
No bar code on box and only short list of ingredients,is it vintage?what year from?batch code says 399.is it worth flogging?
Cheers!

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009
Re: I found a vintage? AMOUAGE cristal & gold,whilst clearing out my aunts house,questions I have...

WOW. Is this for real? Guy Robert, no less! I’m hazy about the history of Amouage. Perhaps someone more familiar with this house could chime in...

Edit: Curiosity got me finally. What does it smell like???

Last edited:

annetteo

Sep 20, 2014
Re: I found a vintage? AMOUAGE cristal & gold,whilst clearing out my aunts house,questions I have...

Yup,its for real! Puzzled as all the bottles I can see on the Bay are different design,cant see any like this one!

Scarce

Dec 28, 2014

That would be quite valuable, of course. $500-$1000 range on eBay.

hednic

Oct 25, 2007

What a wonderful find! Very classy looking bottle!

cacio

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Nov 5, 2010

Ooh, what a marvel! The "mosque" type of bottle is the first type, before they switched to their current type, so this is vintage. I don't know if there were variations in the type. Marvellous contents, enjoy! Crystal is little known, but it is wonderful. Powdery, rich in ambergris, musks, and what else. It evolved in the first version of Silver (before Silver switched to a plain neroli thing).

cacio

annetteo

Sep 20, 2014

Someone got a bargain then,just sold it for £85!
It was free to me so made a profit!

annetteo

Sep 20, 2014

It smells like old lady perfume!!!!

annetteo

Sep 20, 2014

I just checked "sold" items on ebay and 3 of the sold went for under £150 ,one even had another gold bit in addition,so I dont feel so bad!! Your $500-$1000 estimate might be a tad optimistic!! Screenshot_2018-04-22-16-51-18.jpg

donna255

Jul 16, 2004

When I first started buying from Les Senteurs and they sent a catalogue in the late 90s. They sold these style bottles, it was only in the early 00s that the style of bottle Amouage use now appeared.

Okay, I keep some old catalogues and found it, 2000 is the year on it.

Hand polished crystal bottle(from Aspreys, Bond Street, London), 24ct gold embossed flasks.

Edp 30mls £82.50

EDT 50mls £105.00

Hand polished crystal 30mls £170.50

Silver Crystal
New Release

EDT 50mls £105.00

Refill 50mls £74.00

So your one cost £105.00 new.

annetteo

Sep 20, 2014

Well done Donna!
Thankyou so much

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006

It smells like old lady perfume!!!!

Possibly you could be more considerate when describing the scent. The term you've chosen is not at all descriptive and is insulting to many.

annetteo

Sep 20, 2014

Waaahhhh!!! Kumquat you are hilarious!
Ok, it is evocative if my grannys underwear drawer.sort of musky,old fashioned,with a hint of moth balls.The sort of thing granny wore to a church bazaar.....
In the 80s
When she had run out of Poison
And was in a BAD mood....
It smelt of old ladies.
There,I've said it again.
Offended???

kumquat

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 31, 2006

Waaahhhh!!! Kumquat you are hilarious!
Ok, it is evocative if my grannys underwear drawer.sort of musky,old fashioned,with a hint of moth balls.The sort of thing granny wore to a church bazaar.....
In the 80s
When she had run out of Poison
And was in a BAD mood....
It smelt of old ladies.
There,I've said it again.
Offended???

Mothballs are camphor, so that I understand. The rest is unnecessarily juvenile.

Diamondflame

Frag Bomber 1st Squadron
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2009

Hmm... I wonder how one acquires such a familiarity to the scent of granny’s underwear drawer?? When I was a wee lad I had much better things to do with my time. :smiley:

Latest News