Hows the longevity and sillage with Encre Noir?

Shaheen

Basenotes Dependent
Aug 15, 2008
I find it to be quite adequate in all categories. I use a fairly light application with this one for fear of it becoming cloying. ymmv

Franco65

Basenotes Dependent
May 13, 2012
When it costed 90 euros a bottle, in 2012, was super. I think it has been reformed by now!

The Colognnoisseur

Basenotes Institution
Apr 7, 2013
I own and love both Encre Noire and Encre Noire Sport. Mark me completely satisfied. Although, not daring, I often layer the two, more often than not.

FOXHOUND

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jan 14, 2022
I've always had good longevity and a decent sillage with all three: Encre Noire, Encre Noire Sport, and Encre Noire A L'Extreme.

More so with Encre Noire A L'Extreme.

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
Good performance on me - 3 sprays is about as much as I can stand, and it lasts most of the day. It is very easy to go nose blind, though, due to the heavy use of ISO E. It helps to spray away from your face. Sport and l’Extreme are similar.
This is my experience with Encre Noire, Terre d'Hermès, Amyris Homme, Dior Homme 2020, and other similarly-constructed fragrances.

It's usually the nose that's worn out, not the fragrance.

Toxicon

Basenotes Junkie
May 29, 2021
This is my experience with Encre Noire, Terre d'Hermès, Amyris Homme, Dior Homme 2020, and other similarly-constructed fragrances.

It's usually the nose that's worn out, not the fragrance.
Yeah, I have the same issue with TdH, Burberry London, even Fahrenheit. That last one was how i realized it was a problem with my senses - 12 hours later I caught a strong whiff of diesel and realized I’ve probably been choking out strangers all day.

Somehow Guerlain Homme l’Eau Boisee is the worst offender for my nose. No matter what I do, it disappears (to me) after 15-30 mins, but I’ll randomly catch whiffs hours later and smell it on my skin the next morning.

Varanis Ridari

The Scented Devil
Basenotes Plus
Oct 17, 2012
Yeah, I have the same issue with TdH, Burberry London, even Fahrenheit. That last one was how i realized it was a problem with my senses - 12 hours later I caught a strong whiff of diesel and realized I’ve probably been choking out strangers all day.

Somehow Guerlain Homme l’Eau Boisee is the worst offender for my nose. No matter what I do, it disappears (to me) after 15-30 mins, but I’ll randomly catch whiffs hours later and smell it on my skin the next morning.
Sides of neck, apply with hand (washing hands afterwards) and less sprays fix most issues with anosmia I've ever had, especially with fragrances prone to cause it.

Latest News