How to use Rakuten with Black Friday Deals explained by Sebastian of YouTube.

JBS1

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2016
I'm new to the Rakuten crew, but I'm glad I've joined.
I've seen people here on Basenotes comment about extra savings,
and then I saw this video by Sebastian, so I thought I check it out,
and hopefully, if everything works out, I'm supposed to be getting some cash back into my P&P account.
If anyone cares to explain how and if they use Rakuten, or if they've saved some cash recently,
it would certainly help others here on Basenotes on their future purchases.
At the bottom of Sebastians video in his description box, I clicked the box and was awarded $40 also with qualifying purchases.
My purchase was on YSL Beauty.
I don't get any rewards from him, so I'm not spamming.
I just thought it might help someone out during this holiday season.
In his video, he does discuss a bunch of different Black Friday sales that are going on right now.

I do hope everyone has had a great Thanksgiving.

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
I joined back in 99 when it was "Ebates".
I'm not religious about checking the site before purchases.
But so far rewards have been $626.
It's not crazy cash, but it's something.
Wow, this got me curious to check my own account. There aren't a ton of websites I frequent which work with Rakuten, but I try to use it whenever I can. I joined in 2010 and have amassed over $2500 in cashback. I had no idea it was that much!

JBS1

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Jun 28, 2016
Wow, this got me curious to check my own account. There aren't a ton of websites I frequent which work with Rakuten, but I try to use it whenever I can. I joined in 2010 and have amassed over $2500 in cashback. I had no idea it was that much!
Not sure if you're interested Nalor, but YSL has 15% cashback right now, with Rakuten
but the bigger picture here is that 2 scents of YSL are being offered at 40% off.
La Nuit De L'homme Le Parfum, 100ml, for $44 and,
Korous EDT, 100 ml for $44.
Generally, when this happens, you know the drill.
Just thought I mention it.
Also, 3x points with any purchases.
I picked both up. If I don't like them, they'll be good for a trade.

naylor

Oct 24, 2011
Not sure if you're interested Nalor, but YSL has 15% cashback right now, with Rakuten
but the bigger picture here is that 2 scents of YSL are being offered at 40% off.
La Nuit De L'homme Le Parfum, 100ml, for $44 and,
Korous EDT, 100 ml for $44.
Generally, when this happens, you know the drill.
Just thought I mention it.
Also, 3x points with any purchases.
I picked both up. If I don't like them, they'll be good for a trade.
Thanks so much for sharing!

MWP

Oct 20, 2019
I signed up through his link and bought two Serge Lutens bell jars from Harrods. Their current 10% off sale almost covered the shipping to the US (Harrods shipping is super expensive and they don’t have a shipping promotion of pay one price and get a years worth of shipping like Selfridges for the US. Unfortunately Selfridges didn’t have anything I had to have enough to pay for the shipping this year even with their 20% off promotion).

Harrods price on their very limited selection of SL bell jars is normally $198 though and SL website is $290 so almost a $100 savings per bottle. Cheaper than SL even with their current 25% off sale, though if you have to pay Hs shipping to the US with no other discount it‘s a wash. There was also a 12% Rakuten bonus for Harrods. So this will be a great deal if I get the $40 sign up bonus and the 12% off but the website has not updated my account to show they registered my purchase and it’s been 24+ hours.

Latest News