how to make very sweet syrupy pineapple accord?

Feb 27, 2022
hello, I'm planning to make a very sweet syrupy pineapple accord, do I need allyl cylohexyl propionate and ethyl maltol or do I need other pineapple ingredients?

achurs

Feb 6, 2022
Unfortunately I do not own allyl cylohexyl Propionate, so I can't say anything about it. Pineapple materials I know are the classic Ally Amyl Glycolate and Allyl Alpha Ionone (Hexalon) though I haven't played enough with the second one.
I can imagine that the first one could help you with the syrupy feeling as it's quite "dense" even at low dosage. Ethyl Maltol may surely be the right sweetener for syrup, but maybe someone more knowing might be able to tell alternatives.
As you might already know, be careful concerning dosage when integrating the Accord later - both Allyl Amyl Glycolate and Ethyl Maltol are very powerful and might easily overtake.

Edit: I can imagine that you'd need some other material for the syrupy feeling, density, viscosity... you know what I mean? My English is not the best.

marcelo123

Dec 3, 2021
what do you mean syrupy? I mix ethyl hexanoate, orange EO, ethyl maltol and cyclogalbanat... it smells like a pineapple candy, very sweet but not that "green" natural, is that what u mean?

pkiler

Basenotes Plus
Basenotes Plus
Dec 5, 2007
The answer depends upon how realistic you want the pineapple, or is this a caricature? More realistic requires more molecules. ( like you find in my Perfect Pineapple at PSH).

"Sweet" can be ethyl maltol, but that won't really be sweet pineapple, but pineapple and sweet. You may likely need other sweet things such as furaneol.

dwsel

Jun 23, 2021
One of my fave sweet pineapple ACs is ethyl butyrate. It's fruity candy pineapple type. But be careful with dosing tho - some people don't like it when it's too much and describe it as a "puke" smell.

Latest News